Carnival stock is down to 30.31 a share. Wanting to hit the buy botton....

ssatterly

Wacthing the stocks and wanting to hit the buy button wonder if it will go much lower than 30.31 a share?

Were you able to open a account? with whom?? saturday you didnt know how to open a account, today you are saying you are ready to push the buy button. You must have been able to open a account, get it funded pretty fast?

RCL just on CNBC as a avoid .... so I would not think CCL is considered a buy in this market, people are running to safety.

Were you able to open a account? with whom?? saturday you didnt know how to open a account, today you are saying you are ready to push the buy button. You must have been able to open a account, get it funded pretty fast?

RCL just on CNBC as a avoid .... so I would not think CCL is considered a buy in this market, people are running to safety.

Yes I opened an account this morning with Scottrade and was able to fund it and have it cleared all in a short time. I put 3200 in the account. I put in a limit of $30 I was able to get it at 30 a share so I now have $200 that i will get back from scottrade as well. And now the stock is going for more than I paid for it so thats cool too...

If you spend your time running with the masses, you'll never make any money.

Folks,

It's not that I don't want you all to be able to buy a ton of CCL stock at a rock bottom price but FTLOG, please don't wish for the market to fall any further.

Thank you. :p

I agree that's not pleasant. Although the smart ones got very, very liquid a month ago. ;)

My advice? Do not try and catch falling knives.

You can never know the exact tops or, in this case bottoms.

I would wait until you see strength. Remember that your belief is that it will return to somewhere close to it's high ($48.14)... you can't worry about the exact bottom.

Save your money, until you see the market strengthen. Not one day, but real recovery.

That is my opinion.

( I am in at about $26. Seeing more than 20 points vanish has broken my heart.)

My advice? Do not try and catch falling knives.

You can never know the exact tops or, in this case bottoms.

I would wait until you see strength. Remember that your belief is that it will return to somewhere close to it's high ($48.14)... you can't worry about the exact bottom.

Save your money, until you see the market strengthen. Not one day, but real recovery.

That is my opinion.

( I am in at about $26. Seeing more than 20 points vanish has broken my heart.)

Thanks, that's excellent advice for me. I was thinking of buying last year @ $30 but then it started to climb so fast it zoomed out of my comfort range. Now I'm looking again and wondering when to jump. Guess I'll wait until I see some stability and a little increase. I've got a limit order in for the $25/26 range though, just in case.

Right now CCL is basically where it was only year ago. August 25th 2010 the price was $30.65.

In that same time, shareholders were paid $0.60 a share in dividends.

It is not at this price because of anything CCL management has done. Clearly this is about the market in general (and the price of oil).

I like this stock, however it is very dependent on a lower price of oil (< $70) and a good economy (people without jobs don't take cruises, except maybe the retired).

I hold ccl and rcl stock, but did not buy nor hold for the OBC. OBC is no reason to buy.

Well we bought several years ago just for OBC and we have gotten back almost half our investment in OBC plus dividends....It all depends on how often you cruise I guess.....Dennis

Carnival will benefit from significantly lower price on fuel. Believe oil dropped to $ 81 today, and many analysts think it'll continue dropping.

Some think $ 60 is possible by year end.

Question is........will cruise demand hold at current levels. If so......think I'll put in to buy at...say......$ 24-25.

I got it today at a low of $30 even...

thats a good price, but tomorrow its going lower, bet my teeth.

Right now futures are trading down over 100 pts. for how the dow opens tomorrow... this sell off could continue.

Well, if it continues down, you at least can offset it with OBC. Just dont look is my advice.

The big futures traders are betting market opens down more tomorrow .. which I said was almost certain because we closed at the lows today, no bounce at close, really bad sign.

Im sure long term you will be fine at $30, but prepare for the market to drop again tomorrow.

I would like to buy some below $30 just to leverage out our stock we bought at $38..Dennis

watching.. dow futures were down as much as minus 277 earlier, then minus 200

Opps starting back up... but so far the bet is down at open tomorrow.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/17689937

If you just keep the above link and refresh it once in a while, it updates itself...it has a 20 minute lag time, EST..

We bought 100 shares last year so that we could take advantage of a perpetual OBC as long as we sail on one of the ships under the Carnival umbrella. We do keep an eye on the stock price, but are not going to get obsessed over it.

Regardless, we're not going to be playing "chicken little". Stocks go up, they go down... as long as you're in for the long run and not looking for short sales, you should be in good shape!

Archived