I'm back - it was AMAZING!

MrsP1981

So, i arrived back yesterday and want to go back and do it all again! :D

i loved every minute of it, i am just so glad i made the decision to cruise solo. It was truly liberating to eat, drink and sleep when i liked. i spread all my mess around the cabin with no one to moan at me, i turned the air con to freezing with no one to go on about being cold, i spent ages getting ready to go out with no one hurrying me along. It was fantastic!

i met up with some really great people i had chatted to on the roll call board before and they made me feel so welcome, it was great to have that connection before traveling.

The bar staff were wonderful and remembered my name and drink after just the first round, they chatted to me each evening as i had a drink before dinner.

At dinner, i was sat with 3 other solo cruisers and also a couple. i didn't go to dinner the first night as i was nervous. i 'braved it' on the second night and am so glad i did, there was no need for the nerves at all. They were friendly and chatty and we all enjoyed sharing cruise and traveling stories over dinner.

i got a text from home on the last day asking if i was OK and not too lonely. It made me realize that i hadn't felt lonely at any point on the entire cruise, that was the first time the word lonely had entered my head since leaving home. It made me laugh to think of them sitting at home worrying about me when i was having the most amazing holiday I've had in ages! i did, of course text them back to reassure them!

I'm not sure what else to say other than, if you're in 2 minds about going solo - just do it! i have no regrets at all other than wishing i had booked a longer cruise :D!

Glad to see you got over all your fears and apprehension.

Now I bet you wish you had taken a longer cruise.

Am going solo 12/4/11, Navigator OTS.

Can not wait.

Thanks for sharing your experiences with us..

i loved every minute of it, i am just so glad i made the decision to cruise solo. It was truly liberating to eat, drink and sleep when i liked. i spread all my mess around the cabin with no one to moan at me, i turned the air con to freezing with no one to go on about being cold, i spent ages getting ready to go out with no one hurrying me along. It was fantastic!

i met up with some really great people i had chatted to on the roll call board before and they made me feel so welcome, it was great to have that connection before traveling.

The bar staff were wonderful and remembered my name and drink after just the first round, they chatted to me each evening as i had a drink before dinner.

At dinner, i was sat with 3 other solo cruisers and also a couple. i didn't go to dinner the first night as i was nervous. i 'braved it' on the second night and am so glad i did, there was no need for the nerves at all. They were friendly and chatty and we all enjoyed sharing cruise and traveling stories over dinner.

i got a text from home on the last day asking if i was OK and not too lonely. It made me realize that i hadn't felt lonely at any point on the entire cruise, that was the first time the word lonely had entered my head since leaving home. It made me laugh to think of them sitting at home worrying about me when i was having the most amazing holiday I've had in ages! i did, of course text them back to reassure them!

I'm not sure what else to say other than, if you're in 2 minds about going solo - just do it! i have no regrets at all other than wishing i had booked a longer cruise :D!

Fantastic to hear. Now I know I have nothing to worry about.

MrsP,

Glad to hear you had a wonderful first solo experience. What ship did you sail, itinerary, etc.?

Roz

Hi Roz

It was on RCI Vision of the Seas, only a short, 4 night, cruise from Stockholm to Estonia and St Petersburg. I wish i had braved a 7 day one now though!

Glad you had a great time. Reminds me I need to plan my next solo adventure. I like cruising with others, but I had such a great time with my solo last year, I'm ready for another.

Glad you had a great solo cruise.

I have been on a solo cruise a couple of years ago, going on another one next year and even planning one for 2013.

I love going solo especially on a cruise as there are tons of things to do, and you can do as little or as much as you want.

I love the way you can be selfish and do what you want.

Glad you had a good cruise.

Glad to see you got over all your fears and apprehension.

Now I bet you wish you had taken a longer cruise.

Am going solo 12/4/11, Navigator OTS.

Can not wait.

Thanks for sharing your experiences with us..

My first solo is on the cruise before yours!!! So excited!! :D

Archived