You Can Now Redeem Visa Points Electronically

I do hope this speeds up the process. I requested my certs before this feature, and did receive them within a week. Mailed them off immediately to RCCL. That was about about 6 weeks ago. Just called, and they are still not applied for my October sailing. :( All they will tell me is that they are backlogged, and that if it's not there by the end of September, they will take further action. Sigh.

We have three consecutive cruises coming up beginning 9/27. I redeemed points for all three cruises. They have been added to the 9/27 but not to the 10/15 nor the 10/31 cruises. They have been loaded into the system, just not applied. I was told to check back the beginning of September.

Points are posted from earliest to latest sailings.

I redeemed my BoA points online and have confirming email. However, I'd like to see that it the onboard credit has actually been applied to my cruise. Is there anyway to check this? Royal Caribbean has not been helpful.

Here are the codes that appear under Booking Charges on My 9/27 Confirmation Invoice from RCI. I redeemed a 30,000 points and requested a $250 certificate and a $50 certificate.

This is the code for the $250 Certificate C30C - $$$ - OBC - P-P and this is the code for the $50 certificate C10C-L1 0BC $$$ P-P

As I said above, they post the points from the earliest sailing dates to the latest sailing dates.

About 4 weeks prior to your cruise, request another Confirmation Invoice and then check to see if the codes have been applied. Unfortunately I don't know the code for a $100 certificate.

I'm either a little puzzled or just anal (maybe just anally confused). I just went online and redeemed 10,000 points for OBC (2 x $50 ) for my upcoming November cruise. Nowhere was my booking number requested, only my name, sail date and ship. I did include the booking and stateroom numbers in the comment field just as a backup. I received the confirmation email, but it had no transaction or certificate number on it or any way to identify it. The instructions indicated that I needed to call 7 days prior to the sail date to have the credit applied. I am interpreting other posters here that the credit will be applied automatically with no further action on my part. What is the protocol after completing the online request?

Thanks,

Richard

I'm either a little puzzled or just anal (maybe just anally confused). I just went online and redeemed 10,000 points for OBC (2 x $50 ) for my upcoming November cruise. Nowhere was my booking number requested, only my name, sail date and ship. I did include the booking and stateroom numbers in the comment field just as a backup. I received the confirmation email, but it had no transaction or certificate number on it or any way to identify it. The instructions indicated that I needed to call 7 days prior to the sail date to have the credit applied. I am interpreting other posters here that the credit will be applied automatically with no further action on my part. What is the protocol after completing the online request?

Thanks,

Richard

You can call the Royal Rewards Department at 1-888-305-4626 and they will be happy to answer any/all questions.

Thanks for posting this Patty! We are almost within the 6 month time frame for our cruise, and I was really dreading the whole points redemption process...this seems like it will be a lot better.

Now I just have to decide how many points to redeem for OBC - and I keep looking at those RCI robes too! If I knew for sure that they were the waffle-weave terry robes (not the regular cut terry), I would get those too. ;)

• 1 month later...

I redeemed 30k points for OBC online on 9/10 and just called the rewards dept to make sure they had been credited correctly. I was nervous, as someone else suggested, because there is no confirmation number nor any other identifying info on the confirmation e-mail you get. It had all been applied correctly, so this is indeed a much easier way to have your points redeemed. Much faster and no paperwork. Yay!

I am almost at the 50,000 marker, but I dont think Ill make it before the Nov cruise I want to go on.

I want the points to be used for the cost of the cruise. I want to use the 15,000 for $150 off, but am I able to get any more and put then towards the same cruise?

Ex. 2 or 3 15,000 points for 2 or 3 $150 certificates off?

Does that make sense?

Thanks!

I just tried going online and checking it out and it didn't work for me.

I entered my cc number with no spaces and entered my last name in both small and all caps (trying twice) and my zip code and it kept coming back saying my info. did not match up. I was staring right at my credit card and typing in the numbers and double checked them before I hit submit. So, who knows. It didn't work for me to check out.

I have redeemed points for the "free" cruise 3 times now and it is great but I have always done it by calling RCCL booking the cruise, then call B of A and have them send me the certificate and then I send it on the RCCL. My third cruise to use it on is coming up on November 26 on the Oasis. I was thrilled that they would let us use the certificates for the Allure (used on the Allure last January) and the Oasis.

Well, anyway, can't think of anything I did wrong inputting my info.

Redeemed online 21 Sep, was cerdited today 28 Sep. Never asked a booking #, just date and ship. Worked great for me!;)

ARGH!!! I actually called the rewards department yesterday to inquire about the redemption I made on Sept 9th (I though it was the 13th) and she said it was there but had no idea why it hadn't been processed. She was trying to push it through again, but I have not heard or seen anything today :(

• 3 weeks later...

Archived