You Can Now Redeem Visa Points Electronically

I just redeemed 5000 points for a $50 on board credit. I had to enter my last name, credit card number and zip code. Then I was taken to a page that showed me my available credits and the different awards. I added the $50 on board credit for double occupancy to my shopping cart and used the 5000 points to pay. They asked for name, address, e-mail, phone number sailing date and ship name. I entered all and then was asked to confirm that info was correct. Confirmation page displayed on the secure web-site. 5000 points were immediately deducted and I received a confirmation email immediately. Easy peasy! :)

Nancy

I just talked with the Rewards Department to get clarification on how this program really works after currlee33 had some questions.

Once you have entered the number of points that you want to redeem and how you want to use these points, it will ask you for your name, address, booking ID, ship, etc. After you have completed the process you will receive an email confirmation detailing your transaction.

The information that you entered on the BofA Royal Rewards website is then sent electronically in a report to RCI where they will take the info and apply it "hopefully" to the appropriate booking ID.:D

The only time you may want to call the Rewards Department is if you are redeeming points for a Companion Fare, Upgrade or Free Cruise.

Points will still expire 6 months from the date they are redeemed, just like before.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, Patti! You starting this thread today is so funny...during a little down time at the office today I thought to pull out my RCCL Visa and call in for vouchers. After 15 minutes on hold waiting for a rep I got interrupted and had to hang up, and I vowed that I would not forget to try again tomorrow as I didn't want it to get too close to Oct. cruise time before requesting them. I just got home and signed on to Cruise Critic and there was the exact information I need to avoid another 15 minutes on hold! :D

Thanks, Patti! You starting this thread today is so funny...during a little down time at the office today I thought to pull out my RCCL Visa and call in for vouchers. After 15 minutes on hold waiting for a rep I got interrupted and had to hang up, and I vowed that I would not forget to try again tomorrow as I didn't want it to get too close to Oct. cruise time before requesting them. I just got home and signed on to Cruise Critic and there was the exact information I need to avoid another 15 minutes on hold! :D

Terri, glad it worked out in your favor. Just think, no more talking to BofA reps that have no clue what redeeming points is all about.

very nice! I should be receiving my new credit card this week and I have make a purchase before 10,000 points is applied. I have a cruise Oct. 2nd so I'm hoping to use it make a purchase, and get the points applied before my cruise for $100 OBC. I know I'm pushing it, but this new way may make it possible.

Terri, glad it worked out in your favor. Just think, no more talking to BofA reps that have no clue what redeeming points is all about.

Oh, I know. The last time I called the rep at first didn't know what I was talking about, then they tried to tell me I could only get a $50 certificate and a $150 certificate when cashing in 20,000 points (I was asking for tour $50 certificates and they couldn't seem to grasp the fact that either way it added up to the same number of points):rolleyes:. I am certainly not sorry to see those days behind us! :D

Oh, I know. The last time I called the rep at first didn't know what I was talking about, then they tried to tell me I could only get a $50 certificate and a $150 certificate when cashing in 20,000 points (I was asking for tour $50 certificates and they couldn't seem to grasp the fact that either way it added up to the same number of points):rolleyes:. I am certainly not sorry to see those days behind us! :D

Hopefully this new system will be much more efficient.:)

Watch Terri you will get yours credited before mine...I guess I did mine to early....last week...oh well next time. Now will still wait for my certificate to mail in...

This is great.

OK......It says that they send the certificate direct to RCI. I want to cash in 125' date='000 for a free cruise, but I don't exactly know when I want to use it yet. I'm pretty sure within the next year.....possibly for a spring break cruise or for one leg of a B2B in Europe next summer.............[/size']

I don't think you can use 125,000 points for a free cruise in Europe. That option has never been available when I have cashed in points for free cruises. I do believe you can only use the 125,000 points for a free cruise on Caribbean cruises.

As with most things related to Royal Caribbean and the web, this site is "temporarily unavailable." We'll see how long it takes it to become available. Seems to be the same story with Royal Caribbean related IS.

Same thing was happening yesterday. I guess with all new things there is bound to be a few bugs that need to be worked out.:D

Thank you for the very valuable information on BoA points and their redemption on-line. Sure would have been useful a couple of months ago when I cashed in one $500 and two $150 for an up coming cruise. Those were the only two denominations that were available for my total of $900 that I had available. So I only got $800 to bring the price of my cruise down.

Irene & Miles

Archived