You Can Now Redeem Visa Points Electronically

I just did 5000 to see how it works before I do the rest. So my understanding is that it goes right to RCCL. I guess I should wait a week to call and see if its there. I have the email from them but there is no cert number or anything which I am worried about. Someone come back here and let us know when its showing up on cruise. Thanks for the info cuz if it works it was so easy!!!!

So I just got my certificate for 125,000 for my free cruise. Do I book it then send it in or can it be done electronically? Also - if I book a cruise - I just need to have it booked within 6 months. The cruise can be 11 months out though right?

So I just got my certificate for 125,000 for my free cruise. Do I book it then send it in or can it be done electronically? Also - if I book a cruise - I just need to have it booked within 6 months. The cruise can be 11 months out though right?

Since you have received a paper certificate with a number on it, you will have to fill it out and send it to the address shown on the front. Make sure you make a copy.

The date of the cruise you want to book using your certificate can be booked for any departure date, but your certificate will expire 6 months from the date that it was issued.

I had posted yesterday that I was getting an error message on the link, but I got in this morning and requested my points in onboard credit. I guess it was an overload to the system with everyone checking and requesting points yesterday.

I had posted yesterday that I was getting an error message on the link, but I got in this morning and requested my points in onboard credit. I guess it was an overload to the system with everyone checking and requesting points yesterday.

Glad to hear it is up and running today.:)

Okay, so I tried redeeming my points, but they've "lost" almost 5000 of them.

Grr.

Be aware that the right hand is not talking to the left hand. My experience is here.

I am sure this is going to happen to other folks when they have a point total that is not correct. And if/when it happens, you can not avoid calling BofA and speaking to a rep to get it corrected. Unfortunately, like at RCI, not all reps were given the same training manual. And if they were, they didn't read it from start to finish.:p

You experience, as frustrating as it was, did not affect your ability to redeem points. It did, however, make you aware of the fact that you were missing points from just checking the totals in the upper right hand corner after signing on.

I keep track every month on my calendar. When the bill comes I mark down our monthly total and running total underneath.

I am sure this is going to happen to other folks when they have a point total that is not correct. And if/when it happens, you can not avoid calling BofA and speaking to a rep to get it corrected. Unfortunately, like at RCI, not all reps were given the same training manual. And if they were, they didn't read it from start to finish.:p

You experience, as frustrating as it was, did not affect your ability to redeem points. It did, however, make you aware of the fact that you were missing points from just checking the totals in the upper right hand corner after signing on.

I keep track every month on my calendar. When the bill comes I mark down our monthly total and running total underneath.

Actually, it has affected my ability to redeem points (they aren't credited to my account yet - I posted a few more details on the other thread). But you are absolutely right that we should all check our points each month! The main point I'm trying to make is that this new system is great for convenience, but if you have any issues with points, then you should be prepared for the run around. Hopefully they'll all have things figured out soon enough.

Actually, it has affected my ability to redeem points (they aren't credited to my account yet - I posted a few more details on the other thread). But you are absolutely right that we should all check our points each month! The main point I'm trying to make is that this new system is great for convenience, but if you have any issues with points, then you should be prepared for the run around. Hopefully they'll all have things figured out soon enough.

I really appreciate that you brought this up, but sorry it had to happen to you.:(

I've got 6,000 points pending. The only reason i applied for this card was for the 10,000 points for the first transaction. Could these be missing points or is it only 5,000 points after the first transaction?

It is supposed to be 10,000 after first transaction but I had to call and get the run around to get the second 5000 for me and am now in the process of doing the same thing for my husband who opened a card more recently. I have also experienced the BOA shuffle to RCCL and then back to BOA. What a pain but hey, for a $100 OBC I will do it. I think there is a fair amounT of incompetence among those who man the phones but wonder if the initial promise of 10,000 points but only posting 5000 is a deliberate scam on Corporates part in hopes we will not notice.

I've got 6,000 points pending. The only reason i applied for this card was for the 10,000 points for the first transaction. Could these be missing points or is it only 5,000 points after the first transaction?

Sometimes it taked 2 billing cycless for the 10,000 points to show up. Don't know why that is, but it is.:)

I do hope this speeds up the process. I requested my certs before this feature, and did receive them within a week. Mailed them off immediately to RCCL. That was about about 6 weeks ago. Just called, and they are still not applied for my October sailing. :( All they will tell me is that they are backlogged, and that if it's not there by the end of September, they will take further action. Sigh.

Archived