Finally, our cruise photos from Galaxy

CajunLiner

Donna, thanks for posting. Great photos and even better memories!:) I love the ones of Grand Cayman. The water really is swimming pool blue, isn't it? Also the one of Raymond and Sarah asleep after a day at the Fun Factory. I think there may even be one of the back of my head looking at the Panama Canal:p

Hope you are all keeping well. Countdown now on for your Transatlantic!:cool:

Phil

What wonderful memories you must have. We will be doing the same route at approximately the same time of year. Was the weather as good as it looked? It was a concern when we booked this trip, but your pictures have eased that concern.

Is there anything you think we shouldn't miss?

Please keep on posting, you album was wonderful.

What wonderful pictures! I'm surprised you had time to do anything except take pictures--1700 is quite an accomplishment! Thanks so much for sharing them--they brought back wonderful memories of traveling with our kids when they were younger. Now we're looking forward to just the 2 of us on our Panama Canal trip in just 3 weeks. Hope we have as much fun as you obviously did. Shari

Carole the worst weather was actually in Galveston. It was freezing, and of course, we were not prepared. We are from Louisiana, and it was a little chilly when we left, but we only had light jackets. Once we left, the weather was great. The only day it "rained" was the Panama Canal day. I say "rained" because it was more of a very heavy fog or a very light drizzle, just enough to make your hair frizzy! If I remember correctly, later that day when we were in Puerto Limon, it did start to drizzle again, but nothing to ruin the day. We were told that we were lucky, because it usually rains every day there. The buildings were mildewed from all the moisture there.

Everyone goes ziplining in Costa Rica, but with our kids, we couldn't do that (and after seeing the photos of Phil from the UK's face, I'm glad I didn't do it!!!). Instead, we went to this wonderful little "resort" that they are building in the rainforest. There was so much to see and do there, and it was sort of relaxing as well. The resort wasn't open yet when we were there, and the price was very reasonable. If you search on our roll call board, I've posted a review there with an internet address.

Another thing we did that I think everyone should do is rent a car/jeep/etc. in Cozumel. It is so cheap ($45 for the jeep) and you get to see the abandoned eastern coast of Cozumel. We went beach hopping all day long and had a fantastic time! The east coast is not safe for swimming, but we did find a protected spot where the kids could get in the water and play. I wish I could remember the name of the place because it had the most fantasic coconut shrimp I have ever had, and the chips and salsa were even better than the ones at my sisters Mexican restaurant (Please don't tell her I said that!!!!!).

1700 pictures may seem like a lot to some, but I am snap happy. Even at home, I always have at least one camera handy. I've had to rent a climate controlled storage building to keep my photos in because Justin was complaining about the lack of space for his stuff in the house!! Remember, this was a 12 day cruise, so on average, that was just about 150 pictures a day! I took double that in the Canal!!! I've just purchased a Canon EOS 20D, and can't wait until it arrrives in the mail!! That makes 4 cameras now. My friend has at least 10 hanging around her house!

Carole, I know you will have a wonderful time on your cruise! You are actually leaving the day we get back from our TransAtlantic crossing. What is your cabin number? Maybe I will leave a surprise for you in your room!!

Donna

Donna ~ thanks for taking the time to post your photos. They are wonderful. i can tell your entire family had a great time. Makes us look even more forward to our cruise on Mercury next February!

Thanks again for sharing!

Archived