Bringing bottles of wine on NCL

zuggie

"Guests are allowed to bring wine or champagne onboard. These will be subject to a $15 corkage fee regardless of size.

Wines that are not featured on NCL's wine lists are subject to the corkage fee including wine sent directly to the ship by Travel Agents, friends, family, from another retail source, etc."

What does it mean when it says "wines that are not featured on NCL's wine are are subject to corkage....

Does this mean wines that are on NCL's wine list AREN'T subject to the corkage fee?

Excellent point!

Now all we need to do is get hold of NCL's featured wine list. Question is though....does the 'featured wine list' vary by ship and how do we know which wines are featured beforehand? Is there a wine list available somewhere from NCL?

"Guests are allowed to bring wine or champagne onboard. These will be subject to a $15 corkage fee regardless of size.

Wines that are not featured on NCL's wine lists are subject to the corkage fee including wine sent directly to the ship by Travel Agents, friends, family, from another retail source, etc."

What does it mean when it says "wines that are not featured on NCL's wine are are subject to corkage....

Does this mean wines that are on NCL's wine list AREN'T subject to the corkage fee?

I have never had them check the bottles against any kind of list.

One wine I have brought on many times is the chateau st. Michelle. Here it is $8 a bottle plus $15 fee makes it cheaper then onboard price. I figure if I am going to be bringing 1 bottle of wine it is the same amount of hassle to bring 6 or 8!:D

I have never had them check the bottles against any kind of list.

One wine I have brought on many times is the chateau st. Michelle. Here it is $8 a bottle plus $15 fee makes it cheaper then onboard price. I figure if I am going to be bringing 1 bottle of wine it is the same amount of hassle to bring 6 or 8!:D

How do you carry it on?

Do you get a refund if you don't open all of the bottles of wine that you paid the fee for? If I bring 6 bottles of wine on board and only open 4 do I get a refund of the corkage fee for the other 2 bottles?

Here is the link to NCL's full wine list:

http://www2.ncl.com/sites/default/files/NCL_WineList_2.pdf

Yes you do. Must keep your receipt showing you paid the corkage. If you don't drink, go to guest services to get refund.

Just ckecked the wine list it also say,s 15% tip and taxes,does that also includ the wine you bring on or just the corkage fee

When you bring your own wine onboard, you will pay a flat $15 per bottle corkage fee. No additional charges or taxes.

Am I reading this correctly? If a TA sends a bon voyage bottle,the guest will be charged a corkage fee???? I can't see how that is correct?

Am I reading this correctly? If a TA sends a bon voyage bottle,the guest will be charged a corkage fee???? I can't see how that is correct?

I have seen people in the Naughty Room use the "my travel agent sent this bottle to me" and it didn't work. Why would it have been in their checked bags? If your travel agent sends you a bottle of wine that has been purchased through NCL, no problem -- You will not pay the corkage fee.

I have seen people in the Naughty Room use the "my travel agent sent this bottle to me" and it didn't work. Why would it have been in their checked bags? If your travel agent sends you a bottle of wine that has been purchased through NCL, no problem -- You will not pay the corkage fee.

So.....You've been IN the naughty room!!:D

What about boxes of wine?

So.....You've been IN the naughty room!!:D

What about boxes of wine?

Three times! Not a big deal as we bring our own wine onboard and always put in the checked bags so we don't have to carry them around. We have no problem paying the corkage fee. We also know the routine about getting the letter in our cabin etc. We know to go ahead of the time indicated in the letter and never have had to wait. We don't bring on anything else as we only care about our wine.

We don't bring on anything else as we only care about our wine.

This is funny ... no clothes, only wine!!! Just kidding, I know what you mean.

Does anyone have a link to the full wine list, not the one posted earlier with the gift wine list? I want to see if it's beneficial for me to bring wine on and pay the $15 corkage or just order from the wine list.

Thanks,

This is funny ... no clothes, only wine!!! Just kidding, I know what you mean.

Does anyone have a link to the full wine list, not the one posted earlier with the gift wine list? I want to see if it's beneficial for me to bring wine on and pay the $15 corkage or just order from the wine list.

Thanks,

Not sure if this will help or not as I think it is two years old.

http://www.ncl.com/csimages/907/558/NCLWinelist09.pdf

Thanks,

Sorry, here is the full wine list. I attached the wrong one. OOPS.:rolleyes:

FullNCL_WineList.pdf

Does any have NCL's current wine list? Also if I BYOB and pay fee do I have to bring my own corkscrew too or will they provide?

See above postings -- the one before your message. It is not a big deal to bring your own corkscrew. We always do but I am sure your cabin steward would be able to provide one if needed.

We were recently on the Star out of Seattle.

We brought 6 bottles on board and no corkage was charged- not when we boarded and not when we brought them to different dining venues. We expected to be charged but the wine just went through the x ray, onto the ship and was opened and poured by the servers with no question or comment.

Even with corkage we would have saved about $100 over the cost of a higher end package. With no corkage we saved a lot more. I know we got lucky, but I wonder how many others that bring their own wine get a similar pass.

Archived