BF cabin

m-mello

My husband and I are in BF category room...booked guarantee. Have never done the guarantee room choice before. The BF category is in the front of the ship. Any comments appreciated. We will be on the Caribbean Princess.

I have booked a BF guarantee three times. The first time I was assigned a BA. The second time I was assigned a BA on Lido and my TA got it changed to a BB on Caribe. The third one is next February and hasn't been assigned yet. Hopefully the upgrade fairy will visit you and you will get a balcony cabin on Caribe. Good luck! :)

My husband and I are in BF category room...booked guarantee. Have never done the guarantee room choice before. The BF category is in the front of the ship. Any comments appreciated. We will be on the Caribbean Princess.

There is only a slight chance you will end up in a BF category stateroom. Normally you will receive a higher category balcony cabin..............which one, you won't find out until it is assigned, it depends on which staterooms the ship has available or is not selling as well as others.

There are only 4 BF cabins (I am pretty sure), so chances are you will be moved to a higher category.

There are only 4 BF cabins (I am pretty sure), so chances are you will be moved to a higher category.
An upgrade is never guaranteed unless it's a specific promotion that gives you a category upgrade. Your chances are good that you won't be in a BF but you could still wind up in a BF or any other balcony cabin. As the advice goes, never book anything, even a GTY, that you wouldn't be happy in.

An upgrade is never guaranteed unless it's a specific promotion that gives you a category upgrade. Your chances are good that you won't be in a BF but you could still wind up in a BF or any other balcony cabin. As the advice goes, never book anything, even a GTY, that you wouldn't be happy in.

Correct! We booked a BF for our cruise on the Golden Saturday, and ended up with a BB on Caribe. We just wanted a balcony, so would have been happy with any category.

I am confused... the OP was simply asking what the BF cabins were like. I did not see the OP ask about the potential for upgrade, etc. nor indicate they would not be satisfied with getting a BF cabin. I have not sailed in a BF - so I can not comment. Maybe someone who has will be able to answer.

I am confused... the OP was simply asking what the BF cabins were like. I did not see the OP ask about the potential for upgrade, etc. nor indicate they would not be satisfied with getting a BF cabin. I have not sailed in a BF - so I can not comment. Maybe someone who has will be able to answer.

Good point. But there's a high percentage chance that the OP will not get a BF, so any information about a BF may be moot. I have not been assigned a BF, but I have booked a BF 3 times. I stated my experience. Hopefully someone who has been in a BF will post.

To answer OP's question, if you should happen to wind up in this cabin, the balcony would be the standard size and fully covered. The location, if you are prone to seasickness, might be the only issue, as the cabin is located the furthest forward and also where the wind on the balcony would be the greatest.:)

We have not had a balcony cabin near the front of the ship, but we have been in an inside cabin there--the second closest to the front that we could have gotten. I loved the motion when we hit rough seas, but someone prone to motion sickness might not like it.

We've booked a BE guarantee for our upcoming cruise on the Crown. I'd be perfectly satisfied to get one of those cabins. There are four BG balconies and four BF balconies (two of each on the port side and starboard side) and then the BE balconies start. To me, there's no real difference between the BE cabins closet to the front of the ship and any of the BFs.

And we could end up in a BD on the Aloha Deck, a BC on the Riviera Deck, or a BA on the Lido Deck and be closer to the front than a BF. Higher cabins are also more prone to movement in rough seas than lower cabins.

We've booked a BF Guarantee for the cruise following yours.

We like covered balconies and also have enjoyed cabins near the bow during our cruising career. We are not prone to seasickness.

Unlike some of the balconies on the bump-out sections of Coral/Island Princess, there is a wall forward of the cabin's balcony which should minimize wind, so we don't expect that to be an issue should we get one of these cabins.

Of course if Princess' Upgrade Fairy decides to visit us we won't object ! :rolleyes:

Archived