Richard Spacey

He is by and far the best I have ever seen!!!!

Matt Baker used to be with RCCL but is now with NCL. He plays a mean harmonica and makes a great Austin Powers. He also is hilarious in "Fountains" and the skit "If I Were Not Upon the Sea". He is my favorite CD ever in 35 cruises with 6 different lines. Richard, however, looks like he is just as good as Matt. I have not had the pleasure yet to have Richard as our CD unfortunately.

Thanks for letting us know...I think Ive talked with you on your Meet&greet board. I am sailing the week before you on Oct 22nd Oasis Eastern. I think Royal had to do some emergency juggling because they were going to replace Spacey with another really great CD named Mike Swarjeski (spelling?) but Mike had responded to me on another post that unfortunately he gave his resignation to Royal and wont be our CD afterall. So my best guess is that the easiest thing for them to do right now was to ask R. Spacey to stay on Oasis until someone else was out of their current contract. ...Anyways if we cant have Mike then I am glad based on the reviews to be sailing with Richard Spacey also.

Why are they replacing Richard on the Oasis? Did he ask to be replaced? His tweet said he's looking forward to his last hoorah on the Big O!

I'm personally glad because he'll be on the Freedom of the Seas Thanksgiving week when I'm sailing. I'm just curious why the "best" CD only has one last hoorah on the Oasis.

.. they were going to replace Spacey with another really great CD named Mike Swarjeski (spelling?) but Mike had responded to me on another post that unfortunately he gave his resignation to Royal and wont be our CD afterall. So my best guess is that the easiest thing for them to do right now was to ask R. Spacey to stay on Oasis until someone else was out of their current contract. ...Anyways if we cant have Mike then I am glad based on the reviews to be sailing with Richard Spacey also.

Man...I'm sailing 1/7/12 and my only consolation to hearing Richard would not be there was that his replacement was Mike...now we don't know who we'll have, they told me it was too soon to know

am i the only one who finds it quite amusing that people get their panties in a hizzy about going on a cruise with the spacey guy working their ship? i've gone on plenty of rccl cruises and every CD was good at his job. I say be your own CD and get out there and discover new things and try things you have never doen before.....don't se how one cd compard to another cd would make that much of a difference........and hes i have been on a cruise with spacey as CD....

am i the only one who finds it quite amusing that people get their panties in a hizzy about going on a cruise with the spacey guy working their ship? i've gone on plenty of rccl cruises and every CD was good at his job. I say be your own CD and get out there and discover new things and try things you have never doen before.....don't se how one cd compard to another cd would make that much of a difference........and hes i have been on a cruise with spacey as CD....

Well .... that is how YOU feel. I feel differently! :) I really enjoy going to all the CD run activities and games, and the style of the CD for those really does make a difference to MY enjoyment! So each to their own, and if you don't care who you get, then this thread is probably just not for you.

I thought we were going to have Richard as our CD last week on the Oasis but instead we had Amy Fickert.

On our Oasis cruise, she was the Activities Manager while Richard Spacey was the CD. I'm surprised they bumped her up to CD while he was missing.

...yes! But...MADE YOU LOOK!!!! LOLLOLLOL

Archived