Richard Spacey

I received an email from Royal Caribbean as well stating that Richard is the cruise director on the 11/20/11 FOS sailing. I assume he will be on Oassis in September and at some point moving to FOS. Not sure for how long....

Anyone else have access to his schedule?

I am pretty sure he is on Facebook. You can look there. :)

What I dont get is how Ken Rush is the other "good" cruise director. Could they be more opposite personalities?? I was hoping he'd be gone back to whatever else he does by the time of my October cruise, but apparently, not. :-( Grrr.

Richard and Alan Brooks are the only two cruise directors I ever remember "making" the onboard cruise experience.

I LOVE YOU

What I dont get is how Ken Rush is the other "good" cruise director. Could they be more opposite personalities?? I was hoping he'd be gone back to whatever else he does by the time of my October cruise, but apparently, not. :-( Grrr.

Richard and Alan Brooks are the only two cruise directors I ever remember "making" the onboard cruise experience.

I LOVE YOU

We had Alan Brooks for one cruise, he was snotty and boring.... It was on a the Mariner, and they were filming a tv pilot and wanted a male cruise director, so Becky got a week off, and Alan came one, awful...

I love Bingo Ritchie, ( when he was assistant CD on the Legend, and Ken Rush was CD,), he and Ken were a great Team... We were privileged to have Richard again on the Oasis last year... We hope Ken will be on the Allure in OCt...

Gordon Whatman is a treasure too! would love to cruise with him again...

Oasis....

Freedom....

Explorer....

Which is it?

I've also heard he'll be on Explorer at the end of October for 12 weeks. Ramjet - who did you email to get your info? I'd like to hear it from the horse's mouth -so to speak.

I just got off the phone with RCI and they said that Richard Spacey will definitely be on the Oasis of the Seas on October 29th. 2011.

Yeah!!! We get him too for our October 29th Oasis cruise!! I just got off of a RCI Chat and she said that he is on Oasis for the rest of 2011 for sure!!

I just finished a live chat with Abby at Royal Caribbean and she told me that Richard Spacey was to be the cruise director on our NYE cruise. Seems like someone from RCI needs to get their notes straight. He cannot be "on Oasis for the rest of 2011 for sure!!"[/ and be on Explorer for NYE (cruise begins Dec. 30) I wonder which version of the truth is right! :D

I wonder of Richard reads these discussions and if he knows we're squabbling like school children all laying claim to him on "our cruise" LOL

Honestly, the RCI chat is not the most reliable place to find out about who your cruise director is going to be. We were on the 8/20 sailing of the Oasis. I was told on the RCI chat twice that we would NOT have Richard Spacey, and someone else on our roll call was told we would. The two different people on the RCI chat that told me, said he would be leaving the week before our cruise for vacation. Well, he was on there for our cruise, and the week after, and now apparently for the rest of 2011.

Richard's tweet this weekend leaves me somewhat :confused:

As my time on the Oasis draws to a close I shall only remember the good times.

Almost sounds like he's ~not~ going back to the big O

Fortunately for us, the CD doesn't make or break a cruise, but since I've read so much about Richard, I was hoping to sail with him. I'd like to see Kirk Detweiler again (Mariner 2005) or Dennis Sciortino (who was a short-term replacement on Brilliance in 2008). Ken Rush is all right, but...

Guess we'll find out in March!

Fortunately for us, the CD doesn't make or break a cruise, but since I've read so much about Richard, I was hoping to sail with him. I'd like to see Kirk Detweiler again (Mariner 2005) or Dennis Sciortino (who was a short-term replacement on Brilliance in 2008). Ken Rush is all right, but...

We love Dennis Sciortino (who I hear goes by Dennis Charles now)....he's probably our favorite CD of all time (unless we are lucky enough to finally sail with Richard on our New Year's Eve Explorer cruise, as rumored).

Does anyone know where Dennis is now?

I've done 3 cruises - 2 with Ken Rush... and one with whatshisname and his wife... I need a little more excitement out of a CD!! Was leaning towards going back to the Oasis in the spring in attempts to have Spacey but maybe i'll lean back to my preferred Allure :(

Does anyone know Richard Spacey's facebook or twitter name? I haven't been able to find him on either. I'd love to "follow" him for the next 69 days while I wait for my cruise.

Thanks!

Not sure why people aren't finding him on facebook only one Richard Spacey pops up for me...maybe you were confused b/c his profile pic is 4 women in pink walk for the cure shirts but that's him...I know other crew members who have confirmed it BUT despite the fact that my daughter had several conversations with him on our cruise he never accepted her friend request so I'm not sure he's accepting new friends.

But you can follow him on twitter at @richardspacey

Archived