need more cruise options from west coast!

ampleiwb

We did the 7 Day Swine Flu Cruise "Inside cabin-Veranda Deck" at $199.pp on the Splendor. Seas were a little rougher than heading towards Mexico but nothing really bad. Really hope they do come up with some sort of Pacific Coastal if Mexico no longer becomes an option. Even a cruise to nowhere might be OK just to get away close to home. :)

what about doing cruises out of sandiego that could make stops in mexico, gautamala, and el salvador? I bet that could be fit in to a 9-12 dayer. there are also some islands off the coast of manzanillo in Mexico that are mostly uninhabited. what about making it into a destination? Sorta like half moon cay

I didn't realize it at the time, but when I finally went to the Dr. 4 days after the cruise was over, it turned out I did get the Swine Flu at the end of the cruise. Luckily I didn't get pneumonia (came pretty close to it though).

I'm glad you didn't get pneumonia. My coworker was really sick. I also got sick with a horrible cough but I didn't go to the doctor. I probably should have though because I felt terrible.

I like checking out the repo cruises for the month of May when all the west coast ships start to repo to get ready for the Alaska cruises.

I have already booked a April 29th,2012 repo cruise to Vancouver on the NCL Pearl.

The Carnival Spirit had a repo cruise to Seattle last year. Princess and NCL also have the pacific northwest cruises around May.

NCL has the best itenerary sp. I love visiting Victoria and Nanaimo. Yes, it is a bit cold but I have great weather in Calif. all year and it is nice to visit those ports. Lucy

LucyR, have you been on the Pearl before? If so, how did you like NCL? I keep looking at that itinerary because I have never been on a CA coastal cruise.

• 2 weeks later...

Flying in from Aus/NZ is already pricey. Visitors from that region like myself, to avoid the extra expense, would love more departures from LA.

Going from LA to Miami or something is damn pricey to throw ontop of an international airfare.

I agree ....I wish we had like a 7 or 8 day that went to like San Francisco, Monterey, Seattle, Alberta or Victoria there are several port ideas....I heard the water is rough going north so they dont do it...not sure the real reason...and I know it would be more money ...spend more on fuel and port fees...even if they did it just a few times a year....i wish they gave us more options...

Crystal Cruises used to stop in Monterey, but something happened with them dumping their waste in the Marine Sanctuary, so no more Cruise money for us!!! We have great outings too, golf, winery tours....It would be a gold mine!

I totally agree...but I'm also not excited about the east coast options either. I don't really want to take a cruise to go and sit on a beach...which I don't even like to do here in my home state, haha!

My wife and I are doing Alaska next summer and wish there were more scenic itineraries offered for us on the West Coast too.

It kills me how few options there are from California. I would love more U.S. coastal cruises, and would LOVE LOVE LOVE more cruises leaving out of San Francisco. If that happened, I might be able to achieve my personal goal of four weeks on a cruise ship a year (until I retire, then 50 weeks a year would be perfect.)

I agree ....I wish we had like a 7 or 8 day that went to like San Francisco, Monterey, Seattle, Alberta or Victoria there are several port ideas....I heard the water is rough going north so they dont do it...not sure the real reason...and I know it would be more money ...spend more on fuel and port fees...even if they did it just a few times a year....i wish they gave us more options...

Sorry no cruise to Alberta.. its land locked :D

Archived