Large GROUP reservations for Qsine?

lobster129

Can anyone tell me how they were able to arrange Specialty Dining for a large group (around 20 adults) for members of your roll call??

I have talked with three people in Specialty Dining over the phone and they tell me that EACH person/couple would need to book their own reservations....or wait until we board the ship.

Help me with other ideas. Our cruise is next summer....but I am not foolish enough to "wait".

Sorry, the topic search feature does not seem to be working right now.:o

I am not sure if that many people can be accommodated in a specialty restaurant as that might overwhelm the demands of the kitchen to have to try to have food ready for that many people at the same time. It might be prudent to split into two groups of ten. That may not only make it more realistic, but likely will result in a better experience for your party and for the restaurant staff. I am not sure if there is a way to guarantee seating together for large groups in advance at Qsine (hopefully someone will chime in if they know how it can be done), so one option would be to have everybody interested pre-book online for a given day/time, and then when you board the ship have someone speak to the Maitre'D about arranging a group table for those that booked. You would need the names and stateroom numbers of those that booked to facilitate this.

I am not sure if that many people can be accommodated in a specialty restaurant as that might overwhelm the demands of the kitchen to have to try to have food ready for that many people at the same time. It might be prudent to split into two groups of ten. That may not only make it more realistic, but likely will result in a better experience for your party and for the restaurant staff. I am not sure if there is a way to guarantee seating together for large groups in advance at Qsine (hopefully someone will chime in if they know how it can be done), so one option would be to have everybody interested pre-book online for a given day/time, and then when you board the ship have someone speak to the Maitre'D about arranging a group table for those that booked. You would need the names and stateroom numbers of those that booked to facilitate this.

I would recommend the same. The largest table is for 12 and the size makes conversation almost impossible. Don't know how others will react to what I say now, but feel I must say it. I think it's great that the people on your roll call want to dine together, but even if the Qsine staff can handle the numbers, do you believe that you are being fair to others who unknowingly dine in Qsine the same evening? The more people dining together, the louder the conversation. I felt sorry for those in Qsine with us when we had 12. The table did become loud. We were the center of attention and I believe that the enjoyment of other guests was compromised. Perhaps you can arrage a special party for your group held in an appropriate space. Of course you have every right to do what you want to do, I'm just suggesting that you give it some more thought. I know you will enjoy your fellow cruisemates.

We had a similar dilemma last May. The answer was for one cabin to make their reservation and then we waited until we boarded and I went right to QSine, talked to the Maitre'd and had no problem moving their 6:00pm reservation to a slightly later time (which we'd agreed upon before I did this) and adding us to make a table of 4. The 6:45pm reservation turned out to be a good thing because I think we were in there for 4 hours! LOL! We went early in our 2 week cruise out of Southampton - and QSine was pretty empty, surprisingly - only 3 other tables were occupied with a total of 6 guests plus us 4. I guess it depends on where you are cruising because I've heard of Caribbean cruises where they were completely booked out BEFORE the cruise even started. But on our Med Cruise out of Southampton, the specialty restaurants seemed mostly unused.

However, a group of 20 may be too many at one time for QSine. You're going to have to ask the Maitre'd what they can handle and which is the best night for your large group.

What we did was make reservations for 6 since that was the maximum we could book, and the rest of our party of 10 booked their own reservation for the same time. We then went to Qsine when we boarded and arranged for us all to be seated at the same table. If the largest table is 12, then they may not be able to accomodate everyone at the same table, but as has been suggested two 10's might work out too.

It can't hurt to ask. I would just have everyone book their own (or maybe several groups of 6) for the same time as soon as possible so that time slot does not fill up and then you can make arrangements for putting your party together.

I don't know why people are thinking 20 is "too many" for the restaurant to handle. That really doesn't make sense. The restaurant can hold X number of passengers at each reservation time. It doesn't matter if they all sit together or not.

Book Qsine and don't worry about it. Celebrity is great at making sure you are a happy passenger and will accomodate you if they can.

Enjoy Qsine. We loved it.

What we did was make reservations for 6 since that was the maximum we could book, and the rest of our party of 10 booked their own reservation for the same time. We then went to Qsine when we boarded and arranged for us all to be seated at the same table. If the largest table is 12, then they may not be able to accomodate everyone at the same table, but as has been suggested two 10's might work out too.

It can't hurt to ask. I would just have everyone book their own (or maybe several groups of 6) for the same time as soon as possible so that time slot does not fill up and then you can make arrangements for putting your party together.

I don't know why people are thinking 20 is "too many" for the restaurant to handle. That really doesn't make sense. The restaurant can hold X number of passengers at each reservation time. It doesn't matter if they all sit together or not.

Book Qsine and don't worry about it. Celebrity is great at making sure you are a happy passenger and will accomodate you if they can.

Enjoy Qsine. We loved it.

I really appreciate your encouragment that we might actually be able to do our GROUP dining plan.:D Thanks you also for the "how to" tips. :D I will bring your ideas back to our roll call!

I did email Host Anne last night too, since it was reported to me that she has also been able to arrange group dining for ther roll call in a specialty dining location.

I too do that believe it would NOT matter that much who is filling those seats. Especially since Qsine is more of an endelss array of shared appetizers ....served in various courses over the evening. It's not like it would be coordinated "butterfly service" for 20.:p

We managed with our roll call last November. It took a lot of persistence by he wondeful Host Anne (of CC) on our behalf but we managed! We were 24, I think, and they sat us at two large tables. We probably accounted for less than half of the diners that night and it was a great way to try so much of the delights on their menu.

Perhaps if you get in touch with Anne via CC she will tell you how it's done?

We're doing this for our Roll Call as well. I don't really think it will be an issue since they can handle that many passengers anyway and perhaps we'd like a slower meal since there will be so much food!

What we were told to do by Cruise Enhancements was to make our original booking (which we did) and then each couple wishing to join us called Cruise Enhancements and gave them our booking number and paid to add themselves. We're up to 9 people so far and they've confirmed us all at 6pm. Our group may increase as the sailing gets closer- we're not going until January!

I would recommend the same. The largest table is for 12 and the size makes conversation almost impossible. Don't know how others will react to what I say now, but feel I must say it. I think it's great that the people on your roll call want to dine together, but even if the Qsine staff can handle the numbers, do you believe that you are being fair to others who unknowingly dine in Qsine the same evening? The more people dining together, the louder the conversation. I felt sorry for those in Qsine with us when we had 12. The table did become loud. We were the center of attention and I believe that the enjoyment of other guests was compromised. Perhaps you can arrage a special party for your group held in an appropriate space. Of course you have every right to do what you want to do, I'm just suggesting that you give it some more thought. I know you will enjoy your fellow cruisemates.

Maybe the quality of your fellow guests at the table had something to do with the loudness?

Sounds like a rude bunch to Me!!!

Maybe the quality of your fellow guests at the table had something to do with the loudness?

Maybe a dumb question but I will be a first time cruiser on Celebrity Infinity next year and so wanted to get an idea. Are these speciality restaurants including in Qsine an Adult only restaurant or are kids below 10 are allowed?

I would like to be on a cruise with you Orator - you sound a very considerate travelling companion.

On the Solxtice in July we booked a table at Silk Harvest for four of us. When we arrived we thought it was strange because the Maitre'd said he had 'tucked us away' against the wall as there were a couple of groups in that evening.

All soon became obvious.

One group must have been for at least 12 and they were having a birthday celebration (we know because we all joined in with the Happy Birthday song). No problem.

The second group then arrived - again about 10-12 adults on one table and right next to us a table of small children (all well under 10 years) who proceeded to run riot, breaking the wooden chop-sticks and 'planting' them round the bonsai trees. The waitress did her best to control them but she was fighting a losing battle.

Whilst the planting of the chopsticks was actually quite funny to watch the behaviour and noise was not and it spoilt an evening that we were looking forward to and had booked and paid for well in advance.

The staff were very apologetic and offered us another meal but it was towards the end of the cruise and as the menu is limited we really didn't want to eat there again.

There is nothing at all wrong for showing consideration to your fellow cruisers and I applaud you for it.

you should be fine with 2 tables of 10. Either collect all information needed from your roll call: full names/reservation numbers/room numbers or have them call it in themselves and say..i am adding my information to the reservation made by soandso.

That being said: i could never eat in this restaurant with strangers. I am somewhat of a germophobe and the food is served family style YES there are plenty of utensils supplied but people have a tendency to "double dip"

hope you get what you want :D

*sweet*

The people at this table are usually quite inward. I think the fun atmosphere contributed to the voice level. I would join this unique group in a heartbeat :)

Maybe a dumb question but I will be a first time cruiser on Celebrity Infinity next year and so wanted to get an idea. Are these speciality restaurants including in Qsine an Adult only restaurant or are kids below 10 are allowed?

One of the restaurants is restricted to 12 and up (or might be 13 and up), the others are open to people of all ages.

you should be fine with 2 tables of 10. Either collect all information needed from your roll call: full names/reservation numbers/room numbers or have them call it in themselves and say..i am adding my information to the reservation made by soandso.

That being said: i could never eat in this restaurant with strangers. I am somewhat of a germophobe and the food is served family style YES there are plenty of utensils supplied but people have a tendency to "double dip"

hope you get what you want :D

*sweet*

SWEET!!!!!!!!!!! You scally wag, I was looking for you on the 12/10 Summit with your other pirates but couldn't find you. I have a couple of questions for you re: San Juan for our 11/18 sailing out of Bayonne. If you don't still have me email zip over to the roll call (Silhouette, 11/18/11 from Port Liberty) and I"ll give it to you.

thanks,

Luigi

Archived