All Access Tour - My Review from the Allure's Tour

Another shot from the helipad:

1000630p.jpg

Next up, our final stop, the Bridge!!!

We took the main passenger elevators up to deck 12 where we split into two lines again, men and women. Security had to screen each one of us again. On the way to the bridge, we passed these cabins just outside of the bridge. They sleep one officer each.

1000642ba.jpg

Then we entered the bridge where one of the second officers was our bridge tour guide. We started off on the port side wing.

1000643m.jpg

Leading to the port side wing they have this specially commissioned Britto painting:

1000658h.jpg

Here is a view of the ship from the port side while standing on the bridge:

1000649o.jpg

Here is a view looking straight down from the port side wing:

1000653a.jpg

More to come!

Thank you for the fabulous recap! Was this an adults-only tour?

No, it is not adults only. There is no age limit. We had one child on our tour, although he did look like a teenager. But I did check RCI's website, and it states that anyone of any age can participate, but you should consider physical limitations (requires a lot of walking, climbing stairs).

Still on the port side, here is a video screen they have up above. I believe they use it to help with docking. Speaking of side views and sideways, the Allure can travel sideways up to 7 knots!

1000651dpaxm.jpg

Here are the port side controls:

1000655ji.jpg

1000656u.jpg

1000657l.jpg

Heading back over towards the main part of the bridge, here is a room facing aft. They said that they use this room for briefings and drills and such.

1000661y.jpg

Here is the bridge facing forward:

1000660k.jpg

More to come!

More from the bridge:

1000664y.jpg

1000665g.jpg

Weather screens showing Hurricane Irene:

1000668i.jpg

Apparently we had 8335 people total on board this week!

1000666.jpg

View of the helipad from the bridge:

1000644l.jpg

View of the starboard side wing from the center of the bridge:

1000671o.jpg

More to come!

More from the center bridge. Someone must always be on duty to stare straight ahead and watch the path ahead. They run in 4 hour shifts.

1000672i.jpg

1000677r.jpg

1000678i.jpg

And finally from the bridge, here is the wheel that they use when docking the ship. They allowed us to sit there and take pictures with our hands on the wheel!

1000673a.jpg

1000676tj.jpg

More to come!

Leaving the bridge, we had one final stop. We all piled into the main passenger elevators and took them down to Deck 5 to the On Air bar. Here we could ask any final questions to our main tour guide and she handed out our parting gifts.

We received a straw type tote bag (decent quality), a Royal Caribbean pen, and a white cloth apron. We also got to keep our All Access passes and lanyards.

1000902y.jpg

The tour lasted from about 9am to about 12:20pm. It was supposed to end at noon, but people in our group had extra questions throughout, so we got a little bit backed up.

The only things we would recommend that RCI change about the tour is adding a tour of the actual engine room if possible and scheduling the Captain to be on the bridge when we stop there. We did not get to meet the Captain on this tour and considering that there are only two tours a week and they are within 20 minutes of each other, I can't see it being that difficult to have the Captain there to talk with us for even just 5-10 minutes. We would have loved to get a picture with him. I know that we could have done this on the first formal night in the Promenade, but I think it would add even more value to the tour.

Overall we felt it was worth what we paid and we really did enjoy it. All the staff were very friendly and were happy to answer any questions.

Hope you enjoyed all the pictures!

Great pictures, thanks!

When you say you were separated and screened before going onto the bridge are you talking "pat downs"??

This sounds like a great tour!

No, they didn't pat us down. They used one of those portable metal detector wands and waved it up and down along each part of our bodies. If it beeped they gently patted where it beeped to make sure we weren't hiding a gun or something.

I purchased the All Access Tour on MOS at the begining of Aug. It was well worth the $75 they charged. There were 5 if us on the tour led by the Activites Officer.

From your photos, you saw alot more of the workings of the ship than we did, but still feel my tour was well worth the price. We were the second tour given under the new program. We saw the Officer dinning area, crew bar, garbage disposal area, galley, and bridge.

OP: It appears that you alot more than I did, but my tour was $75 on the smaller ship. Thanks for the pictures,

I would recommend tis tour for anyone that who would be interested in the inner works of the ship.

Very nice tour.

I'd likely try it on Allure. I've been most of the places on other ships...including the actual engine room which is generally never visited. The desal plant and wastewater cleaning plans are neat to see...I understand they are so incredibly improved on Allure over what we saw. In fact the Enviro officer said the new Allure version is going on the other ships over time.

DD got to blow horn and steer the ship on one of our Summer cruises. She had a blast as did the crew who convinced her to steer the ship...just a turn of the dial to adjust course a few degrees. We were sailing in a very boat populous area at the time thus a few degrees this way and that way every so often. Those are the moments to remember...

Wonder if they will auction the All Access Tour in the next round of Make a Wish Auctions.

that aft facing room looks very similar to what you might expect to find on a military ship (situation/operations room) :cool:

would be mighty handy if the ship was ever aquired by the government for war operations :D

i sense a conspiracy :eek:

you can just see the fbi or the cia or the generals sitting in there directing war operations

no need to retrofit :D

yeh yeh i know, im totally crazy

Archived