Miami Hotel Shuttle

gebo

No downtown hotel will shuttle to the Port of Miami. If they did, that is all they would be doing all weekend long. If you insist on a shuttle to the pier, you will need to look at staying out by the airport (La Quinta East Miami Airport is mentioned frequently here drawing mixed reviews).

IMO a free shuttle is not a good enough reason to book a hotel. Cabs to the port in the morning from DT will run about $15.00 plus tip, certainly reasonable.

Also, please feel free to use the "Search this forum" function back on the main page. There are literally hundreds of threads about Miami hotels here. :)

I don't want a shuttle to the port. I am sailing out of FT lauderadale and will spend the night in Miami. I will use the airport shuttle to go from and to the hotel. I will use the cruise line shuttle to take me to the port.

I use a hotel when in Tampa which will shuttle me to nearby restaurants/shopping, that is what I was looking for.

Look at hotels in the Blue Lagoon area near MIA - Hampton Inn, Sofitel, Hilton, Homewood Suites and others. There is a local shopping mall within walking distance (across the street from the Hampton Inn) that offers all the usual choices - grocery store, drug store, Starbucks, liquor store :D, as well as several dining option (Cuban, Chinese & Italian) plus fast food options. All of the hotels located there will offer free MIA airport shuttles.

Good luck! :)

Holiday INN Port of Miami is very conveniently located. Dining is readily available at the outdoor mall across the street and wine to carry aboard can be purchased at the CVS just a couple of blocks away. If you ask for a port side upper floor room you can watch your ship and have great views. Nothing downtown is cheap. Internet prepaid rates are the best. I paid $170+tax. I was very satisfied with the room and the desk ordered me a taxi that quickly took me to the port, which is very close.

Holiday INN Port of Miami is very conveniently located. Dining is readily available at the outdoor mall across the street and wine to carry aboard can be purchased at the CVS just a couple of blocks away. If you ask for a port side upper floor room you can watch your ship and have great views. Nothing downtown is cheap. Internet prepaid rates are the best. I paid $170+tax. I was very satisfied with the room and the desk ordered me a taxi that quickly took me to the port, which is very close.

I think $170 is a bit pricey for a hotel in that area. Many people get rooms for much less. I have stayed at the Marriott Biscayne Bay for $99, at the Hyatt for $88 and at the Intercontinental for $114. All of these are an easy cab ride to the pier.

Archived