any b2b secrets??

ampleiwb

Not really a secret, but here is Carnival's b2b procedure.

https://www.goccl.com/irman/bookccl/...ack_Cruise.htm

We have our first b2b in November! Keem them tips coming. :)

Thanks for the link, I enjoyed reading it. I LOVE the fact about hiding out on Muster Drill...that is well worth doing the B2B.

I am going to have a REAL good time in December, a double plus..i will be Platinum, on my last leg, and my oldest cousin is going to join me, her first cruise. So she will be able to walk on VIP.

Melanie

Ok, now I'm really confused. It states in the procedures that the B2B's need to be cross-referenced thru IRBTB. How do I know if mine are?

We called Carnival and asked if the bookings were connected. They confirmed this.

You can also link them once you board the ship. Just go to the pursers desk.

MSRussel,

I see that your b2b's are shorter in length (4 or 5 day trips). I have been going back and forth between a 5/5/4 and a 7/7...may I ask what helped you make the decision to do three shorts as opposed to two mediums. (besides the fact that it brings you one step closer to platinum if you are not already there:)

I have a friend who I am sharing a room with, he lives in Cocoa Beach. So I am spending the pre cruise night there. I generally go Solo, but it is worth it to me, to get my Platinum requirements taken care of before the first of the year, they are thinking of changing them.

I live in Indiana so it is only one flight instead of 3.

Ironically, the Sensation was my first cruise, I really loved the ship.

My friend chose the ship, so I am in for a 3-4-3 cruises.

At least i can write down the trivia answers and maybe win a ship on a stick on the 2nd or 3rd leg.

Melanie

We called Carnival and asked if the bookings were connected. They confirmed this.

You can also link them once you board the ship. Just go to the pursers desk.

Thanks for the info about them linking them at the desk. I am going to print out my past cruises, just to make sure they will be aware of it, even though they will know by my guest number.

Melanie

Red Pelican.... you do not have to fear "the reembarking stuff" if you get off the ship for the day in the home port. Just ask anybody in the embarking lineup spot where to go as you are doing a back to back. As long as you have your new photo taken and s/s card you do not have to go through any lineups. There is a way to just get back on the ship. You must do security of course, but it is seldom a big lineup concern. We have done 4 BTB, all a week or more on each leg. We have gotten off and picked up rental cars in Alaska, gone on WONDERFUL local glacier trips in Alaska, stayed on the ship in Rome,( Mediterranean and trans altlantic BTB and we had had 5 days in Rome before starting our first cruise) and stayed onboard in Ft Lauderdale. Next BTB in Jan Mex riviera, I plan to shoe shop in long beach!!

Red Pelican.... you do not have to fear "the reembarking stuff" if you get off the ship for the day in the home port. Just ask anybody in the embarking lineup spot where to go as you are doing a back to back. As long as you have your new photo taken and s/s card you do not have to go through any lineups. There is a way to just get back on the ship. You must do security of course, but it is seldom a big lineup concern. We have done 4 BTB, all a week or more on each leg. We have gotten off and picked up rental cars in Alaska, gone on WONDERFUL local glacier trips in Alaska, stayed on the ship in Rome,( Mediterranean and trans altlantic BTB and we had had 5 days in Rome before starting our first cruise) and stayed onboard in Ft Lauderdale. Next BTB in Jan Mex riviera, I plan to shoe shop in long beach!!

On Victory out of SJU, they give the BTB folks a sticker to be worn on you shirt that allows you to re-embark after leaving the ship with out waiting in any lines.

:)

Off the boat to pick up a little wine at CVS across the street and back on in less than a half hour.

OSJ

Thanks MsRussel,

I had looked at a 5/5/4 but i am a little concerned at it being a little to "wild party" for me. Dont get me wrong, Im young and love to have fun-but i think it may be moreof a party atmosphere toward the end when i am in more of a relaxing state of mind...

lucky to live a life where these are the decisions I ponder:)

• 2 weeks later...

Gotta love the B2B...here is what I learned.

• Keep the same cabin that way you don't have to move
  • Do laundry on debarkation day...if the laudry is locked they will unlock for you.
  • You can get off the ship if you need to pick up anything at the port
  • Verify with the guest services desk the last night of the cruise that they have you confirmed for a B2B..we did and were not on the list. The quickly fixed it for us.
  • Yes, you may get a gift...you may not
  • Alcohol, purchase as much as you want the last day of your first cruise and take it to your room...no questions asked.
  • You may only bring on one bottle of wine per person at embarkation...some people believe they can bring 2 as they are going on 2 cruises...this is not true.
  • If you have a serenity deck...hang out there...it is a great place to be with no people!
  • Even thought they close the main doors to the rooms...you are allowed to go thru them...just keep the other guests out by telling them you are on a B2B. The rooms stewards will prepare your room quickly for the second voyage.
  • You will be seated at different tables for the two different legs of your cruise.
  • Tip well...you will see all these people next week!
  • Choose your shows...you can always go next week if you miss one.
  • The menu's for week one and week two are the same.

Our cabin steward told us to just stay inside our cabin and not come out until we heard the "all clear". It was very nice not to have to go out on deck and stand in those lines.:)

If you had a balcony cabin, could you sit on your balcony or is that a no no?

You will be seated at different tables for the two different legs of your cruise.

Liked your list except for above as we (and others) have been seated at the same table (you can always ask the maitre d' at the end of 1st cruise where you will be seated!)

On our b to b..we loved our waiters, so we went to the M.D. the last day and requested to stay at the same table..we did! It was great..like we were all good friends the second round! SO COOOLLL....also it can work the other way..if you don't care for your waiters just let them move you! Pretty good set up I think! You'll be hooked..doing another one Oct.! Nothing like it!

Confused.

I'm reading that people are staying in their rooms or at the least staying on the ship but the link that was provided (https://www.goccl.com/irman/bookccl/booking_procedure/BackToBack_Cruise.htm) states: "However, all BTB guests will have to go through the Customs/Immigration inspection in the cruise terminal at the end of each cruise."

So do we get off or not? We're booked on a 5/4 in April next year from Galveston.

Joyce

Confused.

I'm reading that people are staying in their rooms or at the least staying on the ship but the link that was provided (https://www.goccl.com/irman/bookccl/booking_procedure/BackToBack_Cruise.htm) states: "However, all BTB guests will have to go through the Customs/Immigration inspection in the cruise terminal at the end of each cruise."

So do we get off or not?

At some point, you will be momentarily off the boat to go through customs, then right back on again. New S&S card and the party continues.

Tell me all your B2B secrets:)

So far I have learned...

-the last night of the first leg feels SO good bc you dont have to pack up and get ready to leave

-it may be possible to buy alcohol on the last night of the first leg and take it straight to room for 2nd leg

Please give me all your tidbits of info so I can be totally ready to b2b!

Thanks--hope this one is fun!!

We did a B2B from Venice with NCL in 2010. We booked the same cabin for both weeks. It was great not to have to pack up as many folks did. We left the ship to sightsee but were able to get back on board sooner than new arrivals and bypass the queues.We didn't get the lovely gifts shown on one of the posts in this thread but B2Bs were given the opportunity to book a speciality restaurant for half price on the changeover evening. We weren't told this beforehand so check before booking it at full price in your first week if you are only doing the one. We were also excused the muster on the second week.

Archived