any b2b secrets??

ampleiwb

Tell me all your B2B secrets:)

So far I have learned...

-the last night of the first leg feels SO good bc you dont have to pack up and get ready to leave

-it may be possible to buy alcohol on the last night of the first leg and take it straight to room for 2nd leg

Please give me all your tidbits of info so I can be totally ready to b2b!

Thanks--hope this one is fun!!

I will also (hopefully) be doing one in the not too distant future:)

I am really hoping to get some carnival specific advice-a lot of the things that come up in the searches are for other lines.

Do you happen to know if a FCC can be used when you book early saver?

I will also (hopefully) be doing one in the not too distant future:)

I am really hoping to get some carnival specific advice-a lot of the things that come up in the searches are for other lines.

Do you happen to know if a FCC can be used when you book early saver?

Yes, it can be applied to ES rate, though not sure what that has to do with a B2B?

I changed cabins both times and got no help. Folks on CC said tip the cabin steward $20 in advance if you expect some help moving to another cabin for the 2nd leg.

We got a B2B gift both my Carnival B2Bs. chocolate covered stawberries on Triumph and fruit basket and champange on Conquest.

Well, actually doing a B2B2B. From what I've learned on here, you can go to the shops and buy your liquor the last night of the first leg of your cruise, when they let you carry it back to your room, and you'll have it for the second leg.

You can check out different shows/entertainment - esp if there was a conflict the first week and you had 2 things you wanted to see and do - just do it on the following cruise.

You definitely want to stay in the same cabin - for me that was a big perk! Not having to pack or stress out about it.

And the presents are nice too!

2487268520059010061S600x600Q85.jpg

How about muster drill....

Not trying to be bad-I will of course go and do my time--but....if there was a way out of it the 2nd time around I would jump all over that. Ive heard that if you have the same steward he will let you just stay in your room...has anyone else done this/know about it?

Not trying to be bad-I will of course go and do my time--but....if there was a way out of it the 2nd time around I would jump all over that. Ive heard that if you have the same steward he will let you just stay in your room...has anyone else done this/know about it?

Our cabin steward told us to just stay inside our cabin and not come out until we heard the "all clear". It was very nice not to have to go out on deck and stand in those lines.:)

We have done two B2B's and will be doing another one on the Glory in Feb. We love it!! We are driving down this time and will be parking at the pier. I'm wondering if you can get off the ship in Miami? We never thought to asked on either of the other ones. We thought we would have some clean clothes in the car to swap out so we would just want to go to the parking garage. Seems like you should be able to do that, has anyone done that on your B2B?

Our cabin steward told us to just stay inside our cabin and not come out until we heard the "all clear". It was very nice not to have to go out on deck and stand in those lines.:)

Same here - we were on the Glory in 6/2010 and our cabin steward asked us to stay "undercover" til the announcement came that the drill was over.;)

We have done two B2B's and will be doing another one on the Glory in Feb. We love it!! We are driving down this time and will be parking at the pier. I'm wondering if you can get off the ship in Miami? We never thought to asked on either of the other ones. We thought we would have some clean clothes in the car to swap out so we would just want to go to the parking garage. Seems like you should be able to do that, has anyone done that on your B2B?

That's a great idea. We should be able to do our first B2B in another couple of years....and I would love to have new clothes for the second week. Besides, I don't have great luck with the onboard laundry services. They're great for some things, but not anything that requires any special attention.

That's a great idea. We should be able to do our first B2B in another couple of years....and I would love to have new clothes for the second week. Besides, I don't have great luck with the onboard laundry services. They're great for some things, but not anything that requires any special attention.

I THINK that the only way they let you off the ship carrying anything other than a purse or small backpack is if you actually "Check Off" (e.g. if you're going out on an excursion or to a store or whatever and are officially "in transit"). You then MIGHT have to wait until the new passengers start boarding to get back on which could kinda mess up your "back-to-backness"! :rolleyes:

As a b2b cruiser you are able to 'get off' to visit Miami (or go to your car to find clean clothing? :) ) - just let them know and I believe they will give you something that allows you to 'skip' the long embarkation line and get on board quicker! (e.g. I think thru a crew entrance or something like that?).

...and no you don't have to attend the 2nd muster drill as mentioned (of course I forget that minor detail and as a rule-following, law-abiding Canadian there I was standing in line again - oh well - not that painful in the end :D)

When you disembark after the first half, you are just another body leaving the ship. There is no way they would be able to identify that you are getting on again later in the day. Many people use the turn-around time to sightsee, rent a car,go for a special lunch if somewhere exotic etc etc. When you return to the ship you already have your new room key (even if you are in the same cabin) and photo was taken when you got the new identity card.. So, you can just walk to the front and go through security etc as you don't have to register and get all set up with accounts etc. Speak to a rep, and they will show you where to go to bypass the mobs of new people. I don't know this, but I suspect if you brought a new clothes suitcase back to the ship you could get a pierside luggage tag on it, and find it in your room when you really want to get back on. The new suitcase, of course goes through security, as checked or carryon.

You can also just stay onboard if the city doesn't excite you, and enjoy the peace and quiet for awhile. have a great trip!.

Well, actually doing a B2B2B. From what I've learned on here, you can go to the shops and buy your liquor the last night of the first leg of your cruise, when they let you carry it back to your room, and you'll have it for the second leg.

When you buy the alcohol, do not mention anything about staying on for another week or they will keep it. :rolleyes:

On a B2B stay up late and have a an extra cocktail or 2 the last night while everyone else is stressing trying to pack and get their luggage out in time.

Sleep in till we feel like getting up. Take our time walking upstairs(elevators full) to grab some coffee and something to eat. Mosey around the ship with not a care in the world.

Do the quick(sometimes) checkin for second leg.

Walk back to the cabin to hang out on the balcony and watch everyone leave.

Walk around our private ship and Find my favorite bartender and get the first DOD of the new cruise. Hog all the loungers next to the pool and watch all the new cruisers walk past us with a look of how did you beat us on the ship we were in line @ 9am:D

On one of my B2B, I was in the hotub long before anyone else was one the ship.

On the other one, I was the last one off and the first one back on the ship.

New Orleans is a great place to do a B2B, get off and go down to the French Quarter and explore and then get back on, while bypassing everyone else.

Yes, we got the alcohol on the last night...saved us a lot of money on the next cruise. We absolutely loved doing the b2b!

We also did not go to the muster drill..just sat on our balcony. We really loved the ship when everyone was gone. I did not know leaving the ship was an option, but I would not want to go through all that embarkation stuff again.

Best tip...do your laundry on the last day of your first cruise...there is no one there!

We also got a fruit basket, but was not impressed really. There was nothing in it that you could not get off the buffet line.

Hope to do it again in the future!;)

Archived