Pre-cruise obsession

Sonicked

I'm totally obsessing over the cruise I'm going on next month. It'll be my first cruise. I've been unable to fall asleep at any normal sort of hour because I'm so excited I can't stop thinking about it! Any new information I stumble across is like cruise crack lol :D Enjoy the build up, OP.

I'm totally obsessing over the cruise I'm going on next month. It'll be my first cruise. I've been unable to fall asleep at any normal sort of hour because I'm so excited I can't stop thinking about it! Any new information I stumble across is like cruise crack lol :D Enjoy the build up, OP.

No, no no!!! Please don't call the necessary medication for Cruise Brain such a bad bad name. It's all a perfectly legal substance, and without it youd be even more miserable. :D

Totally suffering from it!! Looking at this website and the website of the Cruise ship every day. Looking at the webcam and the doing google maps to see exactly where the ship is berthed in order to PLAN!! All part of the fun I would guess - I'm not a regular cruiser - my last 'Ocean' cruise was on the SS Canberra 1964!!

My DH and I are both totally obsessive once we book a cruise. I'm on CC every day and there isn't a day that goes by that we don't discuss our plans.

We once met a couple that were booked on a cruise at the same time we were and we thought we'd settle in for a great cruise discussion with them. We eagerly started asking them questions about their cruise and they couldn't answer a single one. They were going with family and one of the other family members had booked the cruise for the whole group. The couple we were talking to didn't know anything about the itinerary; they didn't know the name of the cruise line or even the ship they were sailing on!!! What's more, they didn't really care!

DH and I just looked at each other and shook our heads. We were totally unable to understand their attitude and I'm sure they felt the same way about us. :confused:

My DH and I are both totally obsessive once we book a cruise. I'm on CC every day and there isn't a day that goes by that we don't discuss our plans.

We once met a couple that were booked on a cruise at the same time we were and we thought we'd settle in for a great cruise discussion with them. We eagerly started asking them questions about their cruise and they couldn't answer a single one. They were going with family and one of the other family members had booked the cruise for the whole group. The couple we were talking to didn't know anything about the itinerary; they didn't know the name of the cruise line or even the ship they were sailing on!!! What's more, they didn't really care!

DH and I just looked at each other and shook our heads. We were totally unable to understand their attitude and I'm sure they felt the same way about us. :confused:

I found your 'port holes' most distracting while trying to read your post.

john

Yeah, I'd be confused too! I too am on cruise critic every day, thinkign about the cruise, dreaming about the cruise, I think I know the layout of the ship already 'cause I've looked at the diagram so often. I can hardly stand that it's so far away except I'm having a ball planning where we'll go before the cruise (we get to Australia a week before departure) and on the port days! It's all wonderful!:D

Pam

• 4 weeks later...

Only 149 days to our cruise (I downloaded the app for my phone) and I already been shopping online and I have hit this website twice...

BTW, we booked yesterday!!!! I enjoyed this site last year when we were taking a Celebrity cruise.

Honestly, my co workers and family roll their eyes when I babble about our ship, what I am gonna pack and etc...but here you all understand.:D

Hello, my name is Donna and I am cruise prep addict.

But I do love it, and the wonderful people on this website appreciate the anticipation and preparation!

Cant' wait til our cruise!

Donna

I love to plan so I get the obsession. We are doing a Baltic cruise and visiting ports that we've never been to and may never return to so I'm in full planning mode. What are the best ports, what is a "do not miss" in each of them, how much will it all cost?

My husband is not a planner but he appreciates all the work I put in. :)

The funny part, is that after 8 or so various cruises, I have never been disappointed. I have been cruising since the early 90's (before these fun boards) and I haven't really been on a "bad" cruise. More "interesting" than others.

I have found that our preparation and planning ALWAYS adds to our cruise experience and helps us make more informed decisions.

Can't wait...

Pre cruise shopping completed to date: 2 new pairs of shoes, 1 pair of shorts, new makeup carrying case, new purse...BTW my cruise is in March!

Donna:eek:

Phew i thought it was only me that constantly looked at cruises thought cruises anything to do with ships in fact ..i was looking at our next cruise before going on my first (which has changed of course) my two suitcases live permanently in my bedroom with stuff i can scrunch up already in & i'm buying things for a colder climate for next May ,when at my friends i make her put on the holiday cruise channel or the Sky travel channel just to get my fix of cruises :eek: .....doctor i have a problem :D

Phew i thought it was only me that constantly looked at cruises thought cruises anything to do with ships in fact ..i was looking at our next cruise before going on my first (which has changed of course) my two suitcases live permanently in my bedroom with stuff i can scrunch up already in & i'm buying things for a colder climate for next May ,when at my friends i make her put on the holiday cruise channel or the Sky travel channel just to get my fix of cruises :eek: .....doctor i have a problem :D

Perhaps, but you are in great company! I have a shelf in my closet reserved for my travel accessories and cruise stuff!

Pre cruise shopping completed to date: 2 new pairs of shoes, 1 pair of shorts, new makeup carrying case, new purse...BTW my cruise is in March!

Well, my cruise is in May and I haven't bought anything yet but I will take this as a stamp of approval to go ahead and start shopping!

Confess here...what have you purchased and done (hotel reservations etc) in preparation for your cruise and when do you cruise...:confused:

I am on the verge of booking a private shore excursion in St. Petersburg! I just have to get other people to join me!

The hotel room has been booked for 3 weeks & i have insurance already , bought O/H two new jackets , me i new jacket & two chunky cardigans for hanging around the deck (we seem to do that a lot ) not taking the thinner stuff this time though ...so have to buy some more new stuff ....oh the pain of cruising ;)

LOVE this thread!

My first cruise is coming up in January. I'm so excited. I'm on CC, RCI's site, and TripAdvisor every day. I've snorkeled and taken helicopter tours on Youtube.

My husband is tired of hearing about it, I'm sure. He just nods his head.

My Mom laughs at me. She'd my cruise buddy. Hubs had/has no desire. She's cruised two other times with Dad. She said she never realized all the information out there (she's not a friend of the internet). She and Dad just go with it. They always have a nice time, but I'm pretty sure we're going to exceed nice due to my obsessive research. ;)

Do you check everyday or almost everyday on this site...

I think my obsession is tied directly to the kind of day that I am having at work or with my kids...

the worse the day the more I dream/shop for/read about our upcoming cruise.

anyone else?

Donna:cool:

Hi all! I'm another completely obsessed cruise anticipator. I hesistate to call myself a planner because most of what I do is totally unrelated to my own trip. I just can't stop reading everything on the Royal Caribbean thread even about other boats and intineraries. I went on a Sandals vacation last year and did the same thing memorizing the website and living on tripadvisor. It feels good! But it's a little hard to get my work done sometimes...

It's so strange to me that DH has no interest in coming on here and obsessing about it with me. He's excited about going but doesn't feel compelled to think about 24/7. I try to only tell him I've learned once or twice a day.

As far as prep - my cruise in January and I've bought a shoe thing to put over the door in the bathroom and started a running list of things to pack. I don't think I have much else to buy and our hotel/flight is booked so there isn't really much else to do right now. I keep stalking the website and waiting for entertainment reservations to open up so I can plan evening activities.

Hi all! I'm another completely obsessed cruise anticipator. I hesistate to call myself a planner because most of what I do is totally unrelated to my own trip. I just can't stop reading everything on the Royal Caribbean thread even about other boats and intineraries. I went on a Sandals vacation last year and did the same thing memorizing the website and living on tripadvisor. It feels good! But it's a little hard to get my work done sometimes...

As far as prep - my cruise in January and I've bought a shoe thing to put over the door in the bathroom and started a running list of things to pack. I don't think I have much else to buy and our hotel/flight is booked so there isn't really much else to do right now. I keep stalking the website and waiting for entertainment reservations to open up so I can plan evening activities.

My fiance and I have decided that my obsession/hobby is a good thing and adds to our trips. I did the same thing (like you) when we took a 7 day trip to a Sandals in Jamaica two years ago. I had the layout of the property memorized before we landed in Ocho Rios.

My shopping needs to calm down a bit but he never complains about how I dress or what I pack...(this will be our 6th cruise together).

I hope you enjoy your first cruise!

Donna:D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Jeeze... I am diagnosable w/ my cruise obsession! I need to always have one or two in the works! I am going on my 4 (or 5th) Mexican Rivierra cruise but I am exploring it like it is my 1st :p I enjoy this part (almost) as much as the actual cruise! The best part is when you get to 20 days and less until sailing! I had the opportunity to go on a last minute cruise a few months ago and turned it down because I just don't think it is enjoyable w/o all of the planning.

• 4 weeks later...
Yeah, I'd be confused too! I too am on cruise critic every day, thinkign about the cruise, dreaming about the cruise, I think I know the layout of the ship already 'cause I've looked at the diagram so often. I can hardly stand that it's so far away except I'm having a ball planning where we'll go before the cruise (we get to Australia a week before departure) and on the port days! It's all wonderful!:D

Pam

I was starting to think that perhaps I should tone down my enthusiasm for my World Cruise SYDNEY/SYDNEY MAY 2012. After reading these posts I see Im not alone and guess what? im getting more enthusiastic and I LOVE IT so there non cruisers....LOL

Blogging about the cruise is almost just as fun as going on the cruise, I read every aspect of every part on the ship, cruise and ports. When I am at work I wonder off thinking about the cruise and I get on CC everynight. I would not book a cruise on short notice because I would feel like I was getting ripped off not getting my "pre Cruise" excitment:D

• 2 weeks later...

Archived