Hotels Close to the Pier @ Ft. Lauderdale.

Happy2Crews

How do you know what hotel you will be getting on Priceline? I have never used those sites before. For example what info did you put in to get a beach hotel? Thanks for any info.

Better than having someone explain, read Bidding for Travel dot com (everything is connected) and there you will find just how to do it.

I checked all over for our Christmas cruise and with six ships departing that day, decided I better just book something and picked the Embassy Suites. It's $279 plus taxes. And there were several other suites that were higher.

I tried to get something on Priceline but was up to $150 and no luck. Last November I got the Renaissance for $85

I checked all over for our Christmas cruise and with six ships departing that day, decided I better just book something and picked the Embassy Suites. It's $279 plus taxes. And there were several other suites that were higher.

I tried to get something on Priceline but was up to $150 and no luck. Last November I got the Renaissance for $85

When you need accomodations around Christmas time, you must book early. There are thousands of rooms in FLL, but also lots of ships.

Royalcruz: you know you can get rooms for less than $100 off season at the Ritz. We always get ads for that and the pink hotel in Boca.

Royalcruz: you know you can get rooms for less than $100 off season at the Ritz. We always get ads for that and the pink hotel in Boca.

I've never received an ad with prices like that for the Ritz. Where do the ads come from? I have seen rooms at The Boca Resort for as low as $99 but with resort fees and parking it was another $45.

I've never received an ad with prices like that for the Ritz. Where do the ads come from? I have seen rooms at The Boca Resort for as low as $99 but with resort fees and parking it was another $45.

Don't know where they come from, but Florida resident's get local stuff all the time. Travel Zoo sends lots of stuff.

the Embassy Suites as far as I can remember cost $350 for the one night.

I booked online for 8/20/11 pre-cruise and paid $110. Because our flight home after the cruise was canceled due to hurricane Irene, we just showed up there on 8/28/11 and got a room for $150.

Since we're a family of 4, it was nice to have the larger suite room - a regular hotel room might have been too small, and we might have needed to book two rooms.

It was the 4th January 2009 when two of us stayed there and as I said it was about $350. [included in that was the transport to the ship] I suspect it's a busy time of the year. If ever I go to FT.L again I'd search for much cheaper accomodation.

Hyatt Place North: just off 17th street, very near Embassy Suites. Breakfast is included, free shuttle to/from the airport and pier, close to restaurants, Total Wine and supermarket.

I agree with Pam, the Hyatt Place North is an excellent choice. I have stayed there twice and will be staying there again in November. The hotel is next to an outdoor mall with many food options as well as a Publix and Total Wine. It is across the street from another mall with A Dollar Tree and Ross Dress for Less. The hotel shares the parking lot with Outback Steakhouse, but there are many dining options within walking distance - both fast food and finer dining. The hotel is also within walking distance to a Walgreen's and CVS. For those who love to walk, it is about a 30-45 minute walk to the beach...or if you are there on the weekend there is a Trolley that will bring you to the Boardwalk and the beach - A MUST DO!!!...As for the hotel, there rooms are large and spacious with a sitting area, there is an adequate breakfast of bagels, mufiins, cereal, oatmeal, fruit, coffee and juice - you will not leave hungry. Some people have complained the airconditioning may be a bit noisy - but it was ok for us. There is a gree airport shuttle but there is now a fee for the cruise terminal shuttle of $6 a person.

I was able to book my room through Hotwire for the end of November for $55 a night...IT IS A 3 STAR LOS OLAS/DOWNTOWN HOTEL: smokefree rooms, shuttle, breakfast, fitness centre, business centre...

Hope this proves helpful to you.:)

When did you book this on hotwire? They have a 3 star right now for 57.00 in the Los Olas/Downtown area.

We loved the Embassy Suites. We did it on our last cruise and have booked again for the next. We booked through Princess so it is cheaper than the posted rates and includes transfers from the airport and to the pier.

The transfer to the pier does include a bit of standing around, but it is a great chance to chat with other passengers and start getting geared up for the cruise. The ride to the pier was a riot, we had a bunch of jokers on the bus with us and they were hilarious. :D

We just booked the Crowne Plaza. Have you stayed there before? It looks nice. Is it pretty close to the pier?

Yes, we stayed there in April before flying to San Juan for a cruise. We arrived late the night before and left pretty early but we still thought it was very nice. The beds were very comfortable. Would love to stay there again as it was extremely close to the airport/port.

Just booked 1 night for the end of Jan. 2012 at the Crown Plaza FLL Airport/Cruise Port on Hotwire for $103. Has free airport shuttle, pay $8/pp to cruise port. May get a taxi instead for about $10. No free breakfast but I don't care because I'll be eating a lot on the cruise!

Has anyone got any advice to help me choose either the Rennaisance or Sheraton Hotel. We want to be able tp walk to restaurant and maybe some shops. We will only be there from late afternoon on Friday until we pick up our cruise the next day. As we are flying from UK we'll probably be quite tired:)

Has anyone got any advice to help me choose either the Rennaisance or Sheraton Hotel. We want to be able tp walk to restaurant and maybe some shops. We will only be there from late afternoon on Friday until we pick up our cruise the next day. As we are flying from UK we'll probably be quite tired:)

Renaissance; hands down. Closest hotel to the port entrance and lots of shopping and restaurants nearby. Walgreen's drugstore across the street has everything, including wine. Supermarkets within a few blocks and walkable.

Renaissance is your best choice - Bravos Italian is a 2 minute walk from there. A great restaurant with reasonable prices.

BTW - PIA why would you stay there when you are driving distance from Port Everglades??? Just curious.

Renaissance is your best choice - Bravos Italian is a 2 minute walk from there. A great restaurant with reasonable prices.

BTW - PIA why would you stay there when you are driving distance from Port Everglades??? Just curious.

I don't. But I know the hotel and I know the neighborhood. And occasionally we do spend a night before a FLL early flight down in that area. Our closest airport is PBI, but if there's a considerable difference in fares we use FLL.

Archived