Am I Crazy

mozzer

So we are booked for the 11 night on Dec 10th and I guess the return flight is full. So PG says we can either end our cruise early to which they will give us a total of $200 on board credit (even though it costs us 1k a day) or we can extend our trip 1 day and pay for a night at the Radisson in order to take a flight the next day.

Am I crazy but this doesn't sound like "Enjoying free airfare from LAX." It is isn't our fault PG did not reserve enough seats. I feel like PG should either refund the full cost of 1 night if we leave early or it should pay for our hotel to stay one extra night. Am I off on this?

Stick to your guns.

We were in exactly the same boat (literally as we are in fact on the same cruise as you).

We negotiated a $200 OBC plus a cabin upgrade before we agreed to leave a night early.

PG Cruises also offered us a complimentary overnight at the Radisson if we left a night later but that did not work well for us. If you do decide that you want to stay an extra day, ask for a complimentary hotel room and meal allowance as food in Tahiti is EXPENSIVE.

Leaving the day you arrive in Tahiti does have some positives as you dramatically shorten the shuttling around that normally occurs on the last day of the cruise. However, it does cost you the last evening entertainment, morning breakast and lunch, and Tahiti tour / Radisson day room.

Good luck and stop by the Roll Call: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1359154

So we are booked for the 11 night on Dec 10th and I guess the return flight is full. So PG says we can either end our cruise early to which they will give us a total of $200 on board credit (even though it costs us 1k a day) or we can extend our trip 1 day and pay for a night at the Radisson in order to take a flight the next day.

Am I crazy but this doesn't sound like "Enjoying free airfare from LAX." It is isn't our fault PG did not reserve enough seats. I feel like PG should either refund the full cost of 1 night if we leave early or it should pay for our hotel to stay one extra night. Am I off on this?

No you're not crazy. They are nuts to offer you that. I agree with the previous poster. Stick to your guns. I'm on the cruise the previous week. I kind of wish that happened to me, I want the upgrade and OBC. We'd just leave the next day ;)

Not sure if would help in your situation, but PG gave us a $1450 pp air credit in lieu of using their air program. For a variety of reasons, taking this credit and flying on Air France worked out better for us. Not sure of your travel dates and the cost of al a carte airfare, but maybe you could see if this would be a finanically attractive alternative.

We are on the same cruise...dec 10...have our seat assignments....would be happy to trade & stay an extra day if PG pays for the room & a generous food allowance. :D

I'm on a Dec 3 cruise and no seat assignments but I just booked 2 weeks ago. Did yours come in the mail? Is it online?

If you can go a day earlier suggest you ask them to put you on the flight the day before and book you at the IC. You will get included breakfast and lunch and then can board at 3 pm. On the way back its not a bad idea to leave the ship in the evening and fly out that night. My DH is always talking about doing that and we may consider it the next trip.

YOu will miss the Tahiti tour but I would put the IC day before above the last night and the Rad which currently has a lot of mosquitoes. This is especially true if your incoming flight comes in late ( 10 or so pm)

Due to a schedule conflict at home, we had to leave the night we arrived back in Tahiti. I actually preferred this to shuttling around to a day room the next day. After I'm on a cruise I really dislike moving to a hotel as it is always such a let down. I would also stick to your guns (an upgrade would be great along with the OBC!), but I would choose to leave the night before rather than the day after. Good luck!

I totally agree with Emdee ! We just did the "day room" thing at the Radisson two weeks ago. We would have much preferred to have flown out the night before. It really wasn't worth staying the extra day. Didn't use the pool or anything, just used the shower to freshen up before heading the airport at 7:30 with 2 busloads of people for an 11:30 flight. And then sat for 2 hours waiting to board. With this said, we did do a pre stay at IC for two nights and it was pretty nice and relaxing. I would definitely try to do this as Emdee has suggested. Have a great a trip. FP is outstanding !!!!:)

Archived