Mark Conroy's new boss

DaveFr

I regard it as a positive sign, that PCH is growing to the point that FDR needs help. Essentially, PCH started out with just 3 or 4 people, with Frank doing just about everything. Capable as he is, I think he's carefully filling out the ranks to handle the growth.

As the article points out, he has recently moved Bob Binder from President of Oceania to Vice Chairman of PCH. He also hired Gary Gerbino away from Lou Hammond Associates to be PR VP. He recently lost one of his right-hand me in Tim Rubacky, who moved to American Steamboat Company, and probably jumped at the chance to re-hire Kunal, who had previously worked closely with him at Oceeania.

I don't think anything will change for Conroy -- he previously reported to FDR (President, CEO and Chairman of PCH) and is now reporting to the new President and COO.

I just can't help remembering, about 12 years ago, when my position in the company I had been with for a few years changed. I went from reporting to the President to reporting to a bean counter, the COO. For me it was doom, the writing was on the wall, and shortly after I resigned.

I have nothing against bean counters, but when they get involved with the creative processes of a company, it's never a good sign.

I just can't help remembering, about 12 years ago, when my position in the company I had been with for a few years changed. I went from reporting to the President to reporting to a bean counter, the COO. For me it was doom, the writing was on the wall, and shortly after I resigned.

I have nothing against bean counters, but when they get involved with the creative processes of a company, it's never a good sign.

:) Wendy I hope this time it turns out well...When I had my own company prior to retirement, Rob's rule No. 1 was "Let no MBA in the front door and if he/she is from Harvard...Then shoot'em !"...:)

Kamlani only stepped down from his CFO position at PCH a year ago and, apparently "accomplished a tremendous amount with the financial integration of the brands."

Perhaps someone could remind us of of his accomplishments after Regent was purchased? I'm specifically interested in learning his accomplishments in the areas strategic marketing, sales, e-commerce, public relations, promotions and procurement since this is the area he is now responsible for.

This is a person with a recent history with Regent -- hopefully his past record will assist us in being able to speculate on what he may do in the future.

Kamlani only stepped down from his CFO position at PCH a year ago and, apparently "accomplished a tremendous amount with the financial integration of the brands."

Perhaps someone could remind us of of his accomplishments after Regent was purchased? I'm specifically interested in learning his accomplishments in the areas strategic marketing, sales, e-commerce, public relations, promotions and procurement since this is the area he is now responsible for.

This is a person with a recent history with Regent -- hopefully his past record will assist us in being able to speculate on what he may do in the future.

.....Whatever his accomplishments were they must have pleased Mr. Del Rio....I think that may be a good thing for the Company as a whole.

.....Whatever his accomplishments were they must have pleased Mr. Del Rio....I think that may be a good thing for the Company as a whole.

I think that increasing revenue and gaining new customers for both cruise lines is more important than simply pleasing the CEO. Was hoping to hear some substantive information -- particularly on the Regent side (since this is a Regent board).

AWED23, on point comment about the IPO, my sources say next year..will see.
....Next Year makes sense due to the present financial climate....The original target, I believe, was November/December of 2010...It will be an interesting company to watch over the next 12 months....Crystal is running heavy promotions for the first time since it was started and still the ships are only averaging 75% occupancy I have been led to believe. ....Regent is doing more things right than wrong I believe. Also, Oceania is doing quite well. the two new builds have been a real shot in the arm....We are going on their Marina next January and again in July...

I think that increasing revenue and gaining new customers for both cruise lines is more important than simply pleasing the CEO. Was hoping to hear some substantive information -- particularly on the Regent side (since this is a Regent board).
....It would be nice to read a company mission statement from the new COO.....Maybe it is time to consider a PCH board...???

Archived