Another bringing soda on board question

Vt Rider

I'm a Diet Coke drinker and do not care for Pepsi which I'm told is what they offer on the Gem.

I'd like to bring a couple 12 packs of Diet Coke on with me and in reading serveral threads on this I see where people put a baggage tag on the box and check it in with their luggage. I'm under the impression that we are allowed two bags so would this count as one of the bags or are we allowed additional tags?

I could bring it on with me in a soft sided cooler but if it's as easy as checking it through as luggage that would be the easiest way to deal with it.

Just my opinion, but if you're bringing 2 suitcases each, you're bringing way to much stuff. :D

Just did a trial run with the packing last night. I can either take two carry on sized bags or large bag.

My girl friend will be getting back from a business trip late Friday night so she'll repack on Saturday and we head out on Sunday morning.

Thank you for the quick reply. It sounds like the easiest way is to check them through.

its suggested maybe but you can bring on more than 2 bags:)

we always do way more than 2 no problem-EVER

and looking outside at the luggage people have for just 2 people there is no limit--so dont WORRY about that!!--some people are over-packers and some are not--we fall into the over-packer category but that's us!!

also i carry on my soda in little cooler bags or a larger cooler bag (soft sided) no problem with that either.

I'm a Diet Coke drinker and do not care for Pepsi which I'm told is what they offer on the Gem.

I'd like to bring a couple 12 packs of Diet Coke on with me and in reading serveral threads on this I see where people put a baggage tag on the box and check it in with their luggage. I'm under the impression that we are allowed two bags so would this count as one of the bags or are we allowed additional tags?

I could bring it on with me in a soft sided cooler but if it's as easy as checking it through as luggage that would be the easiest way to deal with it.

I just put a couple 12 packs of soda in my smallest roller piece of luggage, added a luggage tag & checked it with everything else.

It's much easier to roll than to carry.

If you do decide to put a tag directly on the cartons instead, remember to tape the boxes to make them a little stronger. It won't do you any good if the ends open and the soda rolls around the dock. :D

Have fun!

Archived