An Owl on Voyager of the Seas!?

Cannedpears

Love this thread, but hope it doesn't encourage anyone to try "owling" on their balcony..... (Google it if you haven't seen this yet)

I don't have a problem with it... just as long as they don't leave any owl droppings in the balcony below. :D

Man this is a great thread. LOL. And I love the butterfly story! Seeee, you just have to be there to appreciate a story like that! haha

I just have to tell my owl story quickly. haha. Try to bear with me! I was with my stepmom when she passed away at 2:15 AM on a Tuesday. Exactly 3 weeks to the minute that she passed away (and no, I haven't figured out why 3 weeks...haha), I was startled out of bed by this unbelievable noise that I had never heard before. I woke up my husband to listen to it and he said "honey, that's just a hooty owl." It was my first ever experience with an owl, and I just thought it was crazy that it was 2:15 AM on a Tuesday. I proceeded to fall back asleep and have a very beautiful dream about my stepmom, and it seemed a little too real. When I woke up in the morning, I looked up what owls might "mean" and it said stuff about owls being the keeper of the afterlife and signifying the passing of a loved one. I realize it could all just be an odd coincidence, but it's just one of those things that just doesn't really mean much to someone else, but makes you smile to yourself. :)

LOL...I just googled owling. Definitely sounds like it could results in some droppings! hahaha

Man this is a great thread. LOL. And I love the butterfly story! Seeee, you just have to be there to appreciate a story like that! haha

I just have to tell my owl story quickly. haha. Try to bear with me! I was with my stepmom when she passed away at 2:15 AM on a Tuesday. Exactly 3 weeks to the minute that she passed away (and no, I haven't figured out why 3 weeks...haha), I was startled out of bed by this unbelievable noise that I had never heard before. I woke up my husband to listen to it and he said "honey, that's just a hooty owl." It was my first ever experience with an owl, and I just thought it was crazy that it was 2:15 AM on a Tuesday. I proceeded to fall back asleep and have a very beautiful dream about my stepmom, and it seemed a little too real. When I woke up in the morning, I looked up what owls might "mean" and it said stuff about owls being the keeper of the afterlife and signifying the passing of a loved one. I realize it could all just be an odd coincidence, but it's just one of those things that just doesn't really mean much to someone else, but makes you smile to yourself. :)

LOL...I just googled owling. Definitely sounds like it could results in some droppings! hahaha

Aww that's really cool! I'm not familiar with the "hooty owl" breed. :rolleyes:

Last December i took a cruise on the Voyager going out of Galveston. About 500 miles out i was eating at Johnny Rockets and noticed an Owl flying around the ship in broad daylight! Here's the vid i took of the incident.

Has anyone ever seen that before?

That is really cool! I remember the owl incident in the Oasis but it was docked in FL at the time. I hope this owl was able to make it back..

My husband found and rescued a sparrow in the Viking Crown Lounge on Serenade while we were in Alaska. He released it in the Solarium. The crew said that they rescue the birds that get trapped on the ship into the Solarium and then release them when they get to port.

That is a really cool picture :eek:! How did he catch the little guy?

I have seen one little bird on a Westbound Transatlantic cruise on the Navigator last fall eating crumbs underneath the chairs at the main pool. The little bird had plenty to eat while seven days at sea... I just worried the little fellow would get accidentally stepped on :eek:

Have seen small birds near the pool on the Explorer several times.

On our April cruise on the Explorer there were bee swarms on the sports deck. They seemed to like the light poles around mini golf. When we reported them to Guest Services, they said this was not uncommon. There were bees, dead and alive, all over the mini golf area.

We were in the ocean about 2 hours north of Puerto Rico.

I have seen one little bird on a Westbound Transatlantic cruise on the Navigator last fall eating crumbs underneath the chairs at the main pool. The little bird had plenty to eat while seven days at sea... I just worried the little fellow would get accidentally stepped on :eek:

That's incredible that he was able to stay on the ship that long.

Archived