Can balcony partitions still be opened on S Class ships?

Boiler Fan

A few weeks back there was a post about Celebrity not allowing balcony partitions to be opened after September 1st. I don't know if it applied to all Celebrity ships, or just some - maybe M class. We had adjoining cabins with my sister on our Eclipse cruise last winter and really enjoyed having the balcony partition opened and will be really disappointed if we can't do it on our upcoming cruise. Does anyone have any info about this?

I know that partitions on M class ships have never been openable - I guess that's why I thought maybe the earlier poster was refering to that. But the September 1st date kind of threw me - I am afraid that they may have decided against allowing the S class partitions to be opened. That would really be disappointing. We truly enjoyed being able to share our balconies.

Yes, your cabin steward will handle this.

What we're waiting for are actual reports from cruisers who've been on S class ships since this rumor started who will report their actual experience.

I someone does not report sooner I will report when I return from my Nov. 6th cruise. We have three aft balconies rooms booked together and we will be disappointed if we can open the partitions. I would really be surprised if they would not allow us to open them.

A few weeks back there was a post about Celebrity not allowing balcony partitions to be opened after September 1st. I don't know if it applied to all Celebrity ships, or just some - maybe M class. We had adjoining cabins with my sister on our Eclipse cruise last winter and really enjoyed having the balcony partition opened and will be really disappointed if we can't do it on our upcoming cruise. Does anyone have any info about this?

We did a Trans Atlantic with friends on the Equinox last October / November and had adjoining staterooms. We asked the Steward to open the partition and he did so. We are doing a Caribbean cruise in December with friends on the Eclispse and will have adjoining cabins as well. We will ask the Steward to open the partion as well. We hope the answer is yes.:)

I someone does not report sooner I will report when I return from my Nov. 6th cruise. We have three aft balconies rooms booked together and we will be disappointed if we can open the partitions. I would really be surprised if they would not allow us to open them.

Thanks for volunteering to report back! We would have been extremely disappointed if we had not been able to open the partitions between our three adjacent cabins on the Eclipse in May/June.

Archived