POM to Miami Aiport

CRUISING71

There are five of us. Will there be large cabs available or is a shuttle our only option? If we take a shuttle, what time do you tell them to meet you?

I am a family of 5. In November I got outside, told the porter I needed a taxi for 5. He flagged the first minivan in line to come over, we loaded and off we went. There are lots of large taxi's at the port when you get off the ship.

• 2 weeks later...

We're renting a car before the cruise at MIA with a shuttle to the pier. Will the car rental companies let you take their shuttle back to MIA, even if you aren't renting from them a seond time? Has anyone done this? Is it easy to make your way to the terminals/gates from the car rental center?

We're renting a car before the cruise at MIA with a shuttle to the pier. Will the car rental companies let you take their shuttle back to MIA, even if you aren't renting from them a seond time? Has anyone done this? Is it easy to make your way to the terminals/gates from the car rental center?

The new car rental center is not right at MIA - I believe that you need additional transportation (shuttle bus until dedicated rail is working?) to get from the rental center to the terminal building. Save yourself the hassel and just spend the $$ on a cab. ;)

The new car rental center is not right at MIA - I believe that you need additional transportation (shuttle bus until dedicated rail is working?) to get from the rental center to the terminal building. Save yourself the hassel and just spend the $$ on a cab. ;)

It actually sounds pretty easy, plus our flight isn't until 3pm, so we have plenty of time. Here's a link to the announcement that the People Mover is open and connected to the Rental Center -- but -- it only talks about getting people to the center -- not back to the airport. If people drop off their car at the center I have to guess they can take the people mover back to the airport -- but I can't find anything in print to confirm that! Hopefully someone will comment here who has done that!

http://www.miami-airport.com/cip_mia_mover.asp

There are free shuttles from the Rental Car Center to Miami International Airport. At the Port Of Miami there are shuttles to the Rental Car Center. On some occasions the shuttle drivers ask to see your car reservation papers before you can board the free shuttles. If you are only looking for transportation back to Miami International Airport you can either pay for a taxi, commuter shuttle, limo service, or bus transportation thru your cruise company. The bus transportation per person thru the cruise company is usually the most expensive form of transportation back to the airport.

What I've seen officially is that you have to be renting a car again to ride the shuttle back to airport. They state you will have to show a print out of your reservation. When we rode the Alamo shuttle after our cruise I don't recall that the driver asked to see our paper, but he did ask if we were renting. So it might work, but I wouldn't count on being able to do it.

Also, when we got to the rental center, the driver was helpful in making sure we got to the rental counter; which could be awkward if that's not where you're going.:o

You could call the rental center (direct, not the nationwide number) and see what they say. If they tell you something different I would be sure to get the employee's name.

Can I make a noon flight out of Miami debarking the Valor on a Sunday in January?

I haven't done this personally so someone else may be able to give you a more authoritative answer, but I don't think you'll have a problem.

Traffic was not bad on Sunday and the shuttle to the airport only took about 20 minutes. I'm sure you could catch a taxi right away. So as long as you are able to get off the ship reasonably early you shouldn't have a problem. On the Valor I think we started disembarking around 7:00. We were one of the last ones off the ship (11:15 or so) and we just about made it to the airport by noon.;)

Can I make a noon flight out of Miami debarking the Valor on a Sunday in January?

Yes! You need to be at MIA by 10-10:30 and it is only a 15 minute or so cab ride ($24+tip flat rate) from POM to MIA. Unless there are delays with customs/immigration you should have time for breakfast, and then walk off the ship after the early crowds die down. Good luck! :)

Our daughter needed to show her reser. papers before being able to use the car rental shuttle when she and dh were in Fl.

Lots of people used to hitch a free ride, causing actual paying customers to wait for a ride if a shuttle filled. :rolleyes: Not great for business. Thus, especially on busy days, the drivers will ask to see some paperwork.

Take a cab.

Archived