? on onboard booking/onboard credit

tooalto

We booked two FCC on our last cruise. Our first cruise will be coming up in March, which we booked on board along with the extra future cruise deposit, and the appropriate onboard credit has been applied to our accounting for this cruise. My question is, if we book the next cruise here at home (we already have one picked out) will we get the onboard credit or must we book the cruise onboard to get the credit?

TIA for any help.

If you have a future cruise deposit already booked with HAL, you can tell your TA that you have one, and use that as part or all of the deposit for your next cruise. You will then get the onboard future cruise credit applied to your invoice. That is what I have done for my next cruise in March 2012. Sometimes the TA requires a larger deposit than just the $100.00 per person. If you have used up all of your future cruise deposits, then you must pay for another deposit onboard, in order to get more future cruise credit. Some cruisers pay for several cruise deposits in advance, so that they always have one when they book their next cruise. I usually have two deposits paid for in advance.

I'm sorry, I must have been unclear. We purchased two sets of FCC. The cruise we actually booked onboard was a BtoB, not yet set up as a Collector's Voyage so we had to purchase the two sets, totaling $400. Once the cruise appeared as a Collector's Voyage we then had the extra two FCC, totaling $200 a left on our record to be applied once we picked our next cruise. When booking a FCC on board, we also get onboard credit, based on the cabin category we booked. My question was, if we book our next cruise through our PCC at HAL, will we get the onboard credit, again based on the cabin we pick. I know the FCC is already on our account.

I apologize for being unclear and also if this is still not clear. maybe I should have a little more wine :-)

I'm sorry, I must have been unclear. We purchased two sets of FCC. The cruise we actually booked onboard was a BtoB, not yet set up as a Collector's Voyage so we had to purchase the two sets, totaling $400. Once the cruise appeared as a Collector's Voyage we then had the extra two FCC, totaling $200 a left on our record to be applied once we picked our next cruise. When booking a FCC on board, we also get onboard credit, based on the cabin category we booked. My question was, if we book our next cruise through our PCC at HAL, will we get the onboard credit, again based on the cabin we pick. I know the FCC is already on our account.

I apologize for being unclear and also if this is still not clear. maybe I should have a little more wine :-)

Yes.

You will get the OBC based upon what you indicated.

We purchased two sets of FCC. The cruise we actually booked onboard was a BtoB, not yet set up as a Collector's Voyage so we had to purchase the two sets, totaling $400. Once the cruise appeared as a Collector's Voyage we then had the extra two FCC, totaling $200 a left on our record to be applied once we picked our next cruise. When booking a FCC on board, we also get onboard credit, based on the cabin category we booked.

We did the exact same thing a couple of months ago. Bought 4 FCDs in Sept 2010, assigned them to to two 7 day B2B cruises, which weren't a Collectors Voyage at the time. When they became a Collectors Voyage about 5 months after our original booking, our TA got the booking changed to a single 14 day cruise, and credited back the unneeded 2 FCD to our account. We plan on using them shortly to book our next cruise.

Sail, we saved a couple hundred dollars when it went to Collector's. Nothing else. We just wanted to make sure we got the onboard credit for the new booking as well. We don't want to wait until our March cruise to book the next one for Oct. 2012. We may not find our favorite cabin location and dining time available then.

We have had the same situation...... b-to-b switched to a Collectors.

What is the benefit to us? :confused: What is the benefit to HAL?

Sail, we saved a couple hundred dollars when it went to Collector's. Nothing else. We just wanted to make sure we got the onboard credit for the new booking as well. We don't want to wait until our March cruise to book the next one for Oct. 2012. We may not find our favorite cabin location and dining time available then.

We also saved a couple of hundred dollars on the fare, our insurance went down about $50, we saved the $200 in unneeded FCD (for our next cruise) and will get more OBC for shareholders and FCD use. I think the total gain to us was over $500.

Archived