Cruising Canada in October

sue cubic

I'm curious as to what kind of clothes you packed for this cruise. Debating whether to sacrifice style, warmth or luggage space!

Sue

We will be sailing Canada/New England the first week of October. For going ashore on port days, one of which will include a whale watching excursion, I'm packing jeans, l/s tees and turtlenecks, a fleece pullover and a lined windbreaker type jacket. Gloves and a scarf too, just in case. I hate to be cold and tend to get chilled when others say the temps "feel great."

For evenings onboard, we will be inside so the weather outside won't be an issue. I'll take nice jeans and long pants with casual tops, probably a maxi dress for one night, and a dressier dress or two for "formal" nights. We will also take swimwear, as we enjoy the hot tubs, and will probably visit the Solarium pool on sea days.

Of course, it helps that as Delta medallion members, we don't have to pay checked luggage fees, even if our bags are overweight, so I can take my "big" cruise suitcase and stuff it full. :D

Layers, layers, layers. Early October you can have warm days but once the sun sets you'll need a sweater or jacket. Unless you really feel the cold your rain coat with a sweater will be sufficient. Bring a pair of gloves "just in case". The fall colors should be lovely in early October. The leaves are just barely starting to change in the Boston area.

Please come to Europe. You cruised 5 times in 2010 so it can't be for a lack of funds.......

Wow, that's quite a presumptuous statement to make, IMO, and has nothing to do with the topic. Yes, Europe is fabulous but not everyone has the means to go there. It is expensive. You have no idea the financial status of any poster here. Maybe the five cruises in 2010 were short ones, or gifts? Gee.

OP Sue, layers as everyone has suggested. They can be removed or put on as needed.

Have fun.

Archived