Current cd on sapphire princess??

Mimg Pao

We are sailing on the SP on October 22nd and will have a large number of sea days on our 28 day itinerary. We love sea days but a good CD certainly makes a difference in planning activities, lectures, etc., especially with so many sea days.

I would love to know who the current CD is and if he/she will be on the SP for the Oct. 22nd sail. Also, any pros (and hopefully not too many cons) about this individual. Thanks.

Lynne

Princess Elite Passenger

Currently, Kelvin Joy is CD on Sapphire, but he is leaving after the current cruise and heading for the Dawn Princess in Australia. Too bad, I've been on the current cruise, and I would have to say he is the best CD I have sailed with since Sammi Baker on the Star many years ago. Very visible on the ship, and very entertaining.

Currently, Kelvin Joy is CD on Sapphire, but he is leaving after the current cruise and heading for the Dawn Princess in Australia. Too bad, I've been on the current cruise, and I would have to say he is the best CD I have sailed with since Sammi Baker on the Star many years ago. Very visible on the ship, and very entertaining.

Kelvin Joy is definitely a "joy", but Ron Goodman is good too.

What happened to Sammi Baker? We had her as a CD a few times, she was awesome.

Theo

Kelvin Joy is definitely a "joy", but Ron Goodman is good too.

Thanks all - I just contacted Princess and was given two names - Kelvin Joy and Tim Donavan. No mention of Ron Goodman and Princess Rep did not know which of the two (Joy and Donavan) would be the cd.

Any info on Tim?

Lynne

Princess Elite Passenger

We had tim Donovan on the Sapphire back in early May. I personally don't put that much value on a CD but that's just my opionion. I had not read good things about him prior to the cruise so really wasn't expecting much. But he was invited to and did come to the CC meet & greet. I thought he did a pretty good job with that and stayed around for about 30 minutes. We'd see him around the ship a bit and he was always friendly. I felt he did a real good job with the deck party. Over the years we've had a couple that were better and certainly some that were worse. I guess I would put him right about in the middle. I never watch the morning show with the CDs so can't comment on how he handled that.

We will be on that cruise. I think I read somewhere the CD will be Ron Goodman. We were with him on the Crown in Apr of 2010. We have no complaints about him. He was a good CD.

If Ron Goodman is the CD then that is great. We sailed with him on the Crown and he has been one of my very favorite CD's. He is very visible and friendly. Walks up on the decks and greets passengers, had good activites, etc.

Thanks all - I just contacted Princess and was given two names - Kelvin Joy and Tim Donavan. No mention of Ron Goodman and Princess Rep did not know which of the two (Joy and Donavan) would be the cd.

Any info on Tim?

Lynne

Princess Elite Passenger

Oops sorry - didn't see this post when I commented on Ron. We sailed with Tim in April on the Sapphire. I had read alot of bad press on him but I kind of liked him. I thought he did one of the best jobs with the late night deck party of any CD's

If Ron Goodman is the CD then that is great. We sailed with him on the Crown and he has been one of my very favorite CD's. He is very visible and friendly. Walks up on the decks and greets passengers, had good activites, etc.

Yeah I agree.. I've been on two cruises with Ron Goodman, and he's top notch

Srpilo

Archived