Weight Watchers Point System anyone?

cruising mickey

I like this flurry of activity. Glad to see everyone posting. Great on the loss lmags, congrats! Nikki, glad you're able to get back to it. And a loss when you were worried about not being able to track and really do the program, that's great! Kath, so awesome about your B2B, and to only gain 3 after 2 weeks of cruising, I would take that ok. Downpayment, I can relate to the knee problem. I'm not doing any movement yet because one knee need to be replaced, right now we're trying cortisone shots. I always loved walking, but now it's agony. I'm hoping it will lessen a little when more of the weight comes off. Melody, congrats on the 25 lb loss!!! Keep it up, the rest will come off. And glad I could say something that helped you.

I'm out for my dinner tonight, have a good plan in place. I have the points available for a Cosmo, but unsure if I want to use 6 points up that way. I love Cosmos, but they go down so easy, I'm not sure I wouldn't want another. lol I haven't had a drink in a couple months, chocolate is my drug of choice. Definitely not going for dessert though.

Yay on all the losses here. This is a great program and it works when we do our part - like tracking. I have been busy and not got around to doing the measurements yet, but that task is on my list for today. I had a glass of wine last night but it is on my weekly allowance, so all is legal. Woke up to a light dusting of snow this morning. This is so NOT spring.

Nikki

Congratulations, Seavoyager! So now it's maintenance time?

I was down 2.2 lbs. at yesterday's WI as well. I got the little 5% milestone badge that said that I had lost 5% of my starting weight, but also got the warning that I'm losing weight faster than is recommended. Pfft. For one week, I'm not worried. I'll take what I can get, and I had a couple of weeks with a loss of less than 2 lbs. so I figure everything balances out.

After our anniversary dinner out yesterday, and a couple of other planned meals out before the next WI, I'm not counting on having as good of a loss as I've had the last couple of weeks. I figure I'll be lucky if I break even.

But you're right, it is amazing how well it works when we actually do the plan!

Edited by TrishOB
Adding a sentence

Congrats to all 3 of you, that's terrific. Hopefully I'll make it to close to my goal like you, it's a long way off. One foot in front of the other.

I'm turning 50 in Sept. I'm down 22.3 pounds since Jan 8th, and my goal was to be down 30 pounds by the cruise and the rest by my b'day!

I'm turning 50 in Sept. I'm down 22.3 pounds since Jan 8th, and my goal was to be down 30 pounds by the cruise and the rest by my b'day!

Please god modify that goal just a little to:

And my goal IS to be down further (maybe 30 pounds) by the cruise and down to or near my goal by my b'day AND THEN to keep control of portions, tracking, eating healthy and moving more FOR LIFE so I can maintain my loss and have a longer and healthier rest of my days.

Congrats on 50 in Sept by the way...I just hit 69 yesterday so next year I will be reaching "THE NEW FIFTY"

Please god modify that goal just a little to:

And my goal IS to be down further (maybe 30 pounds) by the cruise and down to or near my goal by my b'day AND THEN to keep control of portions, tracking, eating healthy and moving more FOR LIFE so I can maintain my loss and have a longer and healthier rest of my days.

Congrats on 50 in Sept by the way...I just hit 69 yesterday so next year I will be reaching "THE NEW FIFTY"

You're right near my goal weight by my birthday! I was concerned at first about the rapid weight loss, but I'm using all my 26 points per day and save my extra points for a glass of wine, or two. The key for me is the exercising. What I didn't think would ever be possible became possible. I suffered for exercise induced asthma and since last week I added jogging to my routine. Started out Only 30 seconds every 3 minutes and now I'm up to jogging for a minute ever 2 min 2-3 miles a day. Then I use a kettleball and 3lb hand weights. I haven't felt this good done my 20's! Happy belated 59th birthday!!!! Hope this year brings you great health and happiness!

lmags, I turn 50 in August. That's a big part of my motivation, in addition to the cruise next February. I just noticed that you're from PA too, small world.

Congrats on the exercise plan, sounds like you're doing great with it. That's where I'm lacking, just can't get any motivation to work out. I can't do much walking because of my knee. I'm hoping as the weight drops, the pressure on my knee will lessen, and I can do some walking.

Seavoyager, happy birthday! It's great that you're celebrating your birthday while being committed to healthy living.

WI this noon hour. As expected, I did gain last week. Just over a pound. I dipped into my weekly point allowance by 21 points. I know that if I use almost anything from here that there will be a gain especially if I ate a lot of fruit. And I did! Now to put those insights to use for this week.

Happy to see the great results that others are achieving. Keep up all the wonderful losses!

Nikki

I can't believe it, but I lost 5.4 lbs this week. I had to weigh myself 3 times to be sure it wasn't playing tricks on me. Definitely got the 'you're losing weight too fast' note when I plugged in the new number.

I'm just sticking to tracking everything, eating extra veggies and fruits, and have a water drinking app on my phone that I use religiously. That's 23 lbs in 8 weeks. I'll take it!

I can't believe it, but I lost 5.4 lbs this week. I had to weigh myself 3 times to be sure it wasn't playing tricks on me. Definitely got the 'you're losing weight too fast' note when I plugged in the new number.

I'm just sticking to tracking everything, eating extra veggies and fruits, and have a water drinking app on my phone that I use religiously. That's 23 lbs in 8 weeks. I'll take it!

Bravo

That is awesome!!! Congrats. Do you use your allowance points?

I've lost 2.6 for the past two weeks and I would LOVE to see a number like yours :)

Gobucks, I use a few of them sometimes. I think I may have used 5 this week. I pretty much try to stay away from them, I have 100 lbs to lose, and am trying to really stick to the basic plan. And I keep seeing on here that people who use a lot of them don't lose, or worse, gain. SO I'm being a good girl. :D

Gobucks, I use a few of them sometimes. I think I may have used 5 this week. I pretty much try to stay away from them, I have 100 lbs to lose, and am trying to really stick to the basic plan. And I keep seeing on here that people who use a lot of them don't lose, or worse, gain. SO I'm being a good girl. :D

I usually just use my activity points but sometimes I use some allowance points and when I do I abuse them, lol. Trying to break that habit.

Way to go! I did not lose a thing this week but I was bad...did not track this week. I don't know why, just did not feel like it.:rolleyes: Time to start over. I really need to lose these last few lbs.

A great big congrats to you on that weight loss!!! That's fantastic.

Wow Tracey!. You will be down your extra weight in no time. I continue to run into trouble and had to use some of my weekly allowance last night. I had people over for a dinner and although I cooked healthy and watched my portions, I had wine, appetizers and dessert. My WI on Wednesday will tell the whole story.

Nikki

Nikki, I know what you mean, it's hard to stay on program when you're socializing. To me, eating out equates to always choosing unhealthy options, and too much of it. At least you cooked healthy and watched how much you ate. Imagine how it could have been if you didn't. It could be worse. I'm just trying to avoid eating out because I know how bad it can be for me. I have too far to go to stray off plan this early!