Weight Watchers Point System anyone?

cruising mickey

Hi all! I am new to the WW system as of last week and am hoping to lose 10-20lbs by end of May for the first fitting of my wedding dress and then want to keep it off for my wedding in August and cruise honeymoon in September! So far in the past week I am down 2.7lbs! I am really liking WW so far and would love to be part of your WW community!!

Welcome to all the newbies. I walked on the beach for an hour and a half this afternoon. The weather here certainly is cooler than it has been and it felt refreshing to walk in the wind for a change. Most of our friends are packing up to head back north. We have 2 1/2 weeks left in the sun before we go home. What a great non-winter it has been all over.

sarap, I will have to do it on my own as well, but that will likely not work out as well as attending meetings. I am the type of person who needs the interaction with others and the accountability. I do thank all here for the great support and know that it has made a great difference to me. I bought a pair of jeggings this morning and I feel wonderful in them. So even if the scale is not moving as much as I want it to, my body is changing and for that I am grateful.

I hope that all have a good week and that their next WI gives you what you want.

Ciao,

Nikki

Great job everyone! I last 4 more pounds for a total 11.4 in the last month!

My husband is doing WW, but he is has not joined, just doing what I am doing and following the plan on his own.

I am at 234 and my goal weight is 150. I have a long way to go but my cruise isn't untill 2/2/2013 so I have time to work on it.

I have a bad knee which keeps me from moving much. I see an ortopedic dr next week, so hopefully he can get me up and moving without pain.

My husband and I are going out of town to Omaha and we will be eating out all weekend, that has me a bit nervous. But I an going to try to make healthy choices! Say a prayer for me!

My husband and I are going out of town to Omaha and we will be eating out all weekend, that has me a bit nervous. But I an going to try to make healthy choices! Say a prayer for me!

4 Pounds is incredible! Good job!

As for going out of town... Just make sure you track everything and bulk up on your power foods! Power foods have more fiber and the fiber will keep you fuller longer. You can do it!:D

Hi Everybody. Sounds like everyone is doing great on their program. I weighed in today and lost 1.6 pounds for a total of 17 since second week of January. I am amazed at how well this program works without the feeling of deprivation. :rolleyes:

Have about 7 weeks until cruise so hoping for 10-11 more pounds loss. I have already started thinking about a plan for eating during the cruise. OH MY! My intention now is not to count points but not have a free for all either. And exercise every day some way. But for now I'm just keeping on keeping on. Another couple is going with DH and me and the wife is also a WW lady so hopefully we can encourage everyone.

My clothes from last year are too big; next size down is too small....so no shopping until a few weeks before cruising...this will be easier said than done! :confused:

Do ya'll do the weight watcher recipes on E-Tools? They have some great ones and really help with the satisfaction factor.

Wishing everyone a great week. Stay focused; make it fun. !

Pam

Today was my third weigh-in. I didn't expect to lose anything at all because I have been ill and very "screw the diet". What I have always liked best about doing points is making a game of it. How much food can I possibly eat for my points. Points+ makes it a much easier game to win... if I find I am running low on points, I grab some fruits and veggies.

We've been doing WW at work, and my office-mate has been doing it vicariously through me. I share my handouts with her. All the items in our fridge are labled (3 pt per serving, 1pt per serving). I think that if we renew for another 10wk, she would join and do it officially.

I am thinking of downloading a tracker from the google marketplace. Anyone using a good one?

Karma lady - I hear ya on the clothes problem. The stuff I was wearing is to big but a size down is still a title tight. So I've been walking around in baggy clothes hoping my pants don't fall off. ;)

It's exciting but also annoying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

!

Great job. You are doing fantastic. I must try harder to stay completely on track as you do. Everyone is doing well- even little losses count. At least it is not a gain.

Hi,

I recently joined WW and had my first weigh in this week, I was thrilled and surprised to hear that I'd lost 4.4 pounds in the first week. I have been following the plan pretty well and making sure to get my daily excercise in. I'm hoping to lose 30 pounds before our Novermber cruise.

Karma lady - I hear ya on the clothes problem. The stuff I was wearing is to big but a size down is still a title tight. So I've been walking around in baggy clothes hoping my pants don't fall off. ;)

It's exciting but also annoying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I am in the same boat. My slacks are all 20-22W and they are very baggy in the butt. I may have to buy a brand new fashion accessory, A BELT!:rolleyes:, I have not worn one in years.

I actually slithered into a pair of 18W pants today. It has been a long time since I wore that size. I ordered a couple of blouses on-line a full size smaller than I was wearing and they are way too big. I have to return them. :(

I does not feel that I am any smaller, but I guess that I am. :o

I do not cruise until October and I still want to lose at least 20 pounds. I do not want to buy a lot of clothes in and in between size. So, I have to stop shopping for a while and wait till I get closer to the cruise. But, the problem is that all the summer (cruising) clothes are starting to come into the store now. It is very hard to wait.

Janet

Welcome to ddaisykat, july2012 and raytownlady.

Weight Watchers does work if you follow the plan. Congratulations for joining and on your weight loss.

To all of the folks who feel that they have to do it alone, WE ARE HERE.

I admit I miss a weekly meeting but my schedule just does not allow me to plan on the same meeting every week. I tried hitting a series of different ones every week, but did not like it.

I am now doing WW totally on-line. It is working for me.

Janet

Welcome to all the new losers. You will find lots of encouragement here. WW is a great program and I would do so much better myself if I tracked every single bite. However I have lost over 11 pounds since mid-January, and that is with 2 weeks of gaining over 3 pounds. I hate the idea of losing those 3 pounds twice. It was hard enough the first time!!! I will persevere and take every victory I can.

I started frequenting some consignment shops where it is possible to buy nice clothing at bargain prices. This way, I have clothes that fit better, are cute and don't cost a lot. Also for stylish summer clothing, if you wait another 6-8 weeks, closer to your goal, you will find clothing that is on sale. What a great deal, that will be------new clothes, new size, better prices.

Ciao,

Nikki

Well today I am wearing my new pants. My old work capris were so big and baggy that I had to get new ones. The new ones are approx 1-2 sizes smaller. Hard to figure since I went from womens sizes to regular. Anyway, I'm proud to say that the new ones have a little extra room in them too. :p

Congrats to our "losers!" I had a .6# loss this week. I am now 1.2# from goal!!! I hope everyone is having a "Glass half full" kinda' day!

A~

Yay and congrats!!!!!! That is fantastic! You should be so proud of yourself! Here is to continued success for the last little bit!

Ciao,

Nikki

Just returned from my WI. I only lost .4 but that is not a gain so I am happy. I only tracked for 4 days last week so it could have been much worse. I will try much harder to track everything this week because I only have one more meeting here until I return home. Then I may be on my own and it will be more difficult for me as I won't have as much accountability.

Ciao,

Nikki

Congrats to our "losers!" I had a .6# loss this week. I am now 1.2# from goal!!! I hope everyone is having a "Glass half full" kinda' day!

A~

Wow!!!! I bet it feels so good to have all your hard work pay off! I am so happy for you!!!:D

Well, I was worried about our weekend in Omaha. But With all the walking in the old market area and leaving the french fries alone I did lose weight this week. I lost 3.5, so my total so far is 15 pounds gone!! I have 304 more days till I cruise and I lot's more to lose.

But every lose is a victory! Even .5 so hang in there everyone!

Jenny:)