Weight Watchers Point System anyone?

cruising mickey

Wow, great weight loss everyone, you are rockin' this "diet", but all cruiser's rock...:p

I made some lentil/beef soup last night, added tomatoes, oregano, beef broth, carrots, frozen chopped onion/celery/bell pepper, barley, touch of corn & macaroni, salt, pepper and garlic. Very filling & tasty! Simmer 40 min. 6pts a serving (1 1/2 c).

Welcome newbie's!

"DIETING IS NOT A PIECE OF CAKE" :D:p;)

I just got back from my weekly WI and I lost another pound! Yippeeeee!! The more I lose before the cruise will be helpful to me, 57 more days!

Good for you, Diane! Each pound counts and you are doing great. Keep it up and those new clothes are going to look fantastic on the new you.

Ciao,

Nikki

Edited by gubby

Hi everyone,

My name is Suzanne and would love to join your board. I am cruising on Oct. 29 on the Miracle out of NY.

Several years ago I lost 110 lbs on WW points system. Of course some of the weight found its way back. I tried the new pp but couldn't take to it.

So I am following the original points system on my own and I have already dropped 7 lbs. I am shooting for about 50 or so by my cruise.

Hope to get to know some of you here.

Suzanne

Welcome, Suzanne. Good luck with your weight loss. I know it will work for you as you have already been successful at an awesome loss. It is so wonderful to have the encouragement that is on this thread.

Ciao,

Nikki

Yay! I had my weigh in this morning and lost again. I have now met my 5% goal and hope to make 10 pounds next time. I am noticing that my pants are fitting much looser and think I may need to buy some new ones. I hope that everyone has a good week.

Ciao,

Nikki

Down another lb for me today. And I had a real CRAPPY day at work..almost drove thru the MickyD's drive through..BUT,, thought better of it and came home and had a sandwich and strawberries with cool whip. Feel much better about myself than if I had that valuemeal!!!

Suzanne

Hi everyone,

My name is Suzanne and would love to join your board. I am cruising on Oct. 29 on the Miracle out of NY.

Several years ago I lost 110 lbs on WW points system. Of course some of the weight found its way back. I tried the new pp but couldn't take to it.

So I am following the original points system on my own and I have already dropped 7 lbs. I am shooting for about 50 or so by my cruise.

Hope to get to know some of you here.

Suzanne

Good luck to everyone with their weight loss goals. I've just started reading this thread because I am planning to join WW (again) when I return from my cruise. My husband needs to lose at least 100 lbs, and I finally got him to agree to go to WW to try it. The WW near my house has a men's evening meeting, but I think he's afraid to go without me. He exercises a bit, but will not diet. I need to lose about 50. I do eat healthy foods most of the time, but portion control is my problem.

Suzanne, congratulations on your big weight loss, even though you've gained some back. I think the important thing is that you know how to do it so you can do it again.

Welcome Sled Dog. I think that the portion control thing is a problem for all of us. It is way too easy to eyeball a portion and then we wonder why the weight creeps back on. I know I suffer from that. But keeping to the correct size and tracking everybite that goes into my mouth accounts for a successful week, which in turn breeds the correct results on the scale.

Good on your DH for deciding to take that first big step! All I can do for my DH is stock the correct foods and dish up the right amount. There is no way to keep all the chips and the beer out of the house. However, he has recently decided that fried fish and french fries are not what he wants to eat when we go to a restaurant. He told me that they didn't taste nearly as good as fish I prepare by grilling or baking.Yay!!!! I will take what I can get.

Ciao,

Nikki

Welcome Sled Dog!

Congratulations to all who have stayed with the program this week even if you did not loose.

I only lost 0.2lb this week (I know, I know 0.2!) but I am taking it. I was doing very well all week until DH tried a new recipe on Sunday out of our Italian cookbook. YIKES! Pasta, olive oil, lots of butter and a glass of wine. It was delicious, but....

Still a positive week though, we got a price reduction on our cruise and I finally have enough FF miles to book both our flight tickets. I had to buy a few miles but the cost was still considerably lower than buying a ticket.

Janet

Hi friends!

Sorry I didn't check in last week. Stayed the same at WI... been happening alot lately, but I'm okay with that. Less to lose is resulting in a much slower rate of loss!

Wanted to share a recipe site I found today... http://www.skinnykitchen.com/ I hope you all enjoy it as much as I will!

I promise to check in tomorrow with this week's WI results! Hopefully, it will be something :rolleyes:

A~

WI this morning was wonderful! Reached 2 mini goals!!! Finally got BELOW 160 AND passed 50# LOST!!! I'm SO over the moon about this personal accomplishment. :p Now I am just 3 pounds from my WW goal!!! I can only imagine how long it will take to reach that, but I am determined! :cool:

I hope everyone else had an equally successful week!

A~

Hi ya'll,

Glad to see everyone is having nice weight loss.

Just4kixx, awesome, gosh 50lbs is so exciting! You are almost there! Congrats Gubby! Engrvrgal, you go girl, that is great you so "NO" to Mickey D's, you are in control. Janetlm, hey a weight loss is a loss right?:)

WW really works! I feel my new jeans starting to get loose now! I think I will be in a size 14 soon! Had a good week, I still use all my points (extra + activity) every week, mostly in tequila on the weekends.:p I tried to get in more veggies this week, bought some turnip/collard greens at the farmer's market last weekend, this week it's cabbage and eggplant. Also had some purple Cherokee tomato's, grilled, yum!

I haven't really started exercising too much yet, but yesterday I walked about 3 hrs visiting some museum's and I dance some to the WII. My WI this week showed a 2.4lb loss, so that's 13.8 lbs in 8 wks or 54 sticks of butter!!! I am a few lbs away to make my 10%. Hoping to be at 200 by the May cruise. Going to help my son get his first passport next week. This will be his first cruise, so am hoping he will like it.

Happy Sailing,

Well, Rats!!!1!! I knew it was going to happen, but still disappointing to learn that I gained a little over a pound last week. Now I need to stay on track this week and gear up to a loss for next Monday. It is good to know what I did wrong and without tracking and using my point total, I would be in the dark as to what caused this. I just hate losing that pound all over again. There are only 4 weeks left until we do the trek back to Canada and I wanted to be 15 pounds lighter when we returned. Oh well, I will continue to plug away and lose whatever I can. At least I will weigh less than when I came to S.C. in January, and I know that by the time my cruise rolls around in October I will be at my goal or even maintaining that weight. This is a setback, but with determination it will be a short one.

Good for you Keystonemama and just4kixx. Keep up the good work. Those loose fitting jeans and new cruise duds are worth the work. And it is work. But so worth it in the long run.

Ciao,

Nikki

Congrats to Keystonemama and just4kixx. Good job.

Grubby, we all have weeks like that and you just have to keep it going and keep moving.

I lost 2 pounds as of my Monday weigh in. I have not been this light in 6 years or so. I have lost over 10% of my body weight and am about 8 pounds away from 15% which is my next goal. I cleaned out my closet last week and put away several things that were too big for me to wear. I was also able to pull out other things that I have not worn in a few years. I may be wearing some odd outfits to work :rolleyes:

It is very encouraging but I am still getting very tired of the same foods. I must find the time to do some experimenting with different recipes.

On a high note, I booked our flights. So now I know that we are definitely going !!!:D

Keep counting everyone...

Janet

Hi everyone! :)

I started doing the points+ the end of Jan. I am now down 13 pounds with a goal of 60 lbs. I'd like to lose as much of that as I can by Aug 26th when I cruise again. I know it can be done at the healthy 2 lbs per week rate. I just hope I can stick with it!!!

Hi "Ya'll" :D Was happy to see the Weight Watcher Points Plus thread on CC! I started Weight Watchers in January before we even had a cruise booked. We booked for cruising in May shortly afterward and its given me incentive to stay on track. I've been on Weight Watchers many times but have never been so excited with a program as this one. I've lost 13.6 pounds so far and have 9 weeks before cruising with a 1.5 pound average goal in mind.:eek: I'm not on this to lose for the cruise but for a lifestyle change and it's the first time ever I just don't feel like it's a diet at all.

It's really good to have all you fellow weight watchers here. There are some great recipes on the weight watcher site; very easy to find something good. It helps to continue when the food you eat tastes good. Looking forward to sharing with you guys!

Pam

We started a Weight Watchers at Work group last week. Today was my first weigh-in and I am down 5.4lbs. I am not letting myself get too excited about it, because I don't want to get demotivated later. This is my third time doing WW, and I always lose big the first week.

My biggest issue is my tendency to NOT eat for the majority of the day, and then grab whatever because I am starved at night. WW forces me to eat throughout the day by making me think about my food before I become ravenous.

My only issue is that we seem to have THE WORST WW@W leader ever. She goes into tangents that have nothing to do with the program. If I hadn't done points before I would be SO lost.

I like the idea of free fruits and veggies, and I like that they're more focused on protiens and how the different food types interact for long term weight loss. Week two starts tomorrow.

Does anyone else build in a "Cheat Day?" There has to be at least one day/wk that I can eat something I love, or I end up sabotaging myself.

I have been taking one day a week to eat pretty much what I want. It's usually a night that I go out with friends. Like tomorrow I'm going to a movie and I've counted in a small bag of popcorn and then after we may go out to eat so I'll use my weekly points for that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk