Weight Watchers Point System anyone?

cruising mickey

Welcome newbies. I have found that the absolute best way to lose those pounds it to track every bite that passes you lips. If I get lazy or careless, I do not experience success at my weigh-in. since I began in January, I have lost 10 pounds. However, 2 of them I have lost a total of 3 times. It annoys me to think that had I stayed on track, I could be down 15 or 16 and be at goal. I am determined to reach this goal before we head back to Canada so tracking for me, is essentail. However, the good news is that I am down a dress size and need to buy some new duds. I have been picking up stuff in some upscale consignment shops because if I do what I should, I will need to buy a smaller size in the next few weeks.

Good luck in your losses everyone!

Ciao,

Nikki

Edited by gubby

Just had my WI. First gain, and I'm cool with it :cool: .2 pounds (which equals 3.2 ounces). I stayed on track, didn't use any "extra weekly points", and actually walked some. I will keep on keeping on and know that losing these last few pounds are like "training" for maintaining :p I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!

A~

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

Happy St. Patty's weekend everybody,

Well, this has been a challenging week for me, las weekend I went out w/friends and ended up drinking too many margarita's,:rolleyes: and by Tuesday I had a 5lb fluid gain.:mad: Well needless to say, I started hydrating w/lot's of water & green tea, I also read this week that studies show drinking 3-4 c of green tea a day results in an extra 50 calorie a day burn. My WI this morning showed 1/2 lb loss, so I'm good w/ that, slow, steady and consistent is key. On my WW blog, I stated, "Together we are building maintaining habits", health & weight loss go hand in hand and I keep reminding myself of that. I'm hoping to have 20 lbs down by the May cruise, I'm now at 14.4 in 9 wks.

I also read a tip this week about using paper towels on your food. For ex. I have a turkey sausage patty for breakfast every morning, microwave, pat it down on a paper towel for excess grease decreases the calories by 20. Cooking beef for say chili or soup, tacos... cook almost done, pour into collander, rinse w/hot water and then finish cooking decreases calories by 100. I'm learning to add barley, black beans, spinach to almost everything I cook, for fiber and filler up foods.

I am challenging myself this week to drink 8-10 g of water, 3 green tea day and dance every day to my WII. I also am changing my WI day to Fri, since splurging on tequila on the weekends sets me up for fluid gain by Sun a.m., hopefully this will help.

Welome newbies! Sounds like everyone is having great weight loss so far, as for the person asking about a day of splurging, I usually do that on Saturdays, mostly margarita shot's so I don't feel deprived of any drinking, I save my extra pt. or activity and use them, if I crave something like chicken wings or pizza I just work it in my points, eat lower pts stuff during the wk like soups, this week I had a pizza night & ice cream and still lost. It probably slows down the weight loss, but I'm ok w/that, I'm not on a time limit, it's taken me 25 yrs for weight gain, but if I can get it off within a yr w/o feeling deprived, well that's awesome.

71 days till cruising Paradise,

Happy Sailing,

Had my WI this morning. Stayed the same and was a little miffed at myself. Leader told me to drink more water. That is something that I do not do and must really try to get into the habit. I will pick up some Crystal Light as I don't like plain or sparkling water, and that is the most economical way to add flavour.

Other than to keep on tracking and walking more, I will have a little bit of a challenge this week as we have company coming later today, and then more towards the end of the week. Thank goodness for those extra points.

Great work to keystonemamma, cruisinnancy and just4kixx. I hear you all!

Ciao,

Nikki

I haven't weighed for this week. Will prob do it tomorrow however the other day when I weighed (unofficially) I was still the same. :( I'm starting to get a little bummed and discouraged. I've sat at the same weight for about 3 weeks now.

Hi, I am new here. I joined weight watcher 2 weeks ago. I have lost 5lbs so far and weigh in tonight. I am crusing with my sister in Feburary. My husband didn't want to go this time, I am hoping to lose enough that he will say "Dang! I should of booked with her, she is looking good!"

The cruise is not the only reason I am losing weight, but a good motivator!

I plan on booking in 2014 on the bloggers cruise and will want to look good for that also!

I think my sister is going to join WW also!

Hi, I am new here. I joined weight watcher 2 weeks ago. I have lost 5lbs so far and weigh in tonight. I am crusing with my sister in Feburary. My husband didn't want to go this time, I am hoping to lose enough that he will say "Dang! I should of booked with her, she is looking good!"

The cruise is not the only reason I am losing weight, but a good motivator!

I plan on booking in 2014 on the bloggers cruise and will want to look good for that also!

I think my sister is going to join WW also!

Welcome LJ! :)

Tell me about the bloggers cruise you mentioned, I am curious! :p

A~

Hello everyone. I weighed in last night and lost 2.4. That means I have lost 7.8 pounds, I have so much more to go, like 80 to 90 more,but I thought about it last night and an average baby weighs 7 pounds and it takes 9 months to grow! Also I have to keep telling myself it took awhile to put it on!

The Blogger cruise is with John Heald. he is a crazy funny cruise director. He get a bloggers cruise every year. It doesn't cost extra to be in the bloggers group, but they have special activities for them and a free T Shirt and prizes. I have never been to one but want to go. I can't do the next one in january because my cruise i am booked on is a week later. So I am planning on going in 2014. Not sure yet who is crusing with me. if my husband doesn't want to go than I will find someone else to go.

Check John out at :

http://johnhealdsblog.com/

Hi there! Great job to those that have been losing weight! I also had my weigh in last night. I was down 2 pounds which brought my total lost to 31.2 pounds!

I have started buying clothes for my cruise which is 35 days away. I am a true 18, down from a 24/26!!!! I am so excited to wear my new fun clothes on my cruise.

You know what is really weird though... Not one person has noticed I have lost weight, or at least they haven't said anything. Does anyone else find this?

-Diane:D

Hi there! Great job to those that have been losing weight! I also had my weigh in last night. I was down 2 pounds which brought my total lost to 31.2 pounds!

I have started buying clothes for my cruise which is 35 days away. I am a true 18, down from a 24/26!!!! I am so excited to wear my new fun clothes on my cruise.

You know what is really weird though... Not one person has noticed I have lost weight, or at least they haven't said anything. Does anyone else find this?

-Diane:D

Yes, I have found the same thing. I was also wearing a 24 and am now just barely into an 18. Very few people have noticed the change in me either. I think that some of it in my case is the fact that I have lost the weight over an 8 month period. Kind of a bummer :mad:.

Janet

Good Job guys!

I know you want everyone to notice your weight loss but consider that the people like you for what you are not how much you weigh?

I am not good at noticing others who lost weight unless it's a huge amount. Some one will point it out and then I am like "oh, yeah".

Hold your head up high and have fun shopping!!!!

Jenny

Congrats to Janet, Diane and jslight. You gals have done an awesome job! It would be fantastic if others noticed, but the important thing is that you have persevered and can now love your body again. Not to mention the true benefit and that is much better health!!! I love the analogy to the average weight baby. I have given myself myself 8 months to lose 15 pounds and I am at an 8 pound loss so I really hope that I am successful at not only losing the excess, but at learning to maintain the loss so that I never have to do this again. Lose I mean. I have promised myself that I will track no more than 26 points a day if my weight goes 2 pounds over my goal weight for the rest of my life. But first i have to continue the fight to get to that goal.

Ciao,

Nikki

Hey Guys! Just found this thread I joined WW

March 14 2012. I'm set to cruise April 29,

Whatever I lose I'm happy. I've learned so

Tips from this thread like ensuring you eat

The right amount of protein, drink plenty

Of water and stay at your assigned points

And sometimes below to trick your metabolism.

My CW: 189

My GW: 135

Congratulations to just4kixx!!! What a great accomplishment. You have done a great job and must be very happy with the weight that you have lost since joining WW. Your goal is almost there. Continue to lose that extra weight. Enjoy all the new wardrobe and the new cruise.

Ciao,

Nikki

Great job on all the weight loss everyone! Stick in there those of you who are in a plateau, I did that for a couple of weeks then all of a sudden my weight moved. As a female we tend to fluctuate with our fluids due to our lovely hormones.;)

I drank 3 glasses a day of green tea this week, kept my points in tact, still used my weekly, but I managed to lose 2.4 this week! That's 15.4 in 10 weeks or.....64 sticks of butta! lol

I made a recipe today using quinoa, it was good and only 2 pts a serving. It's low in carbs, calorie, fat and high in protein. Going to use this more.

Think positive thoughts ladies, negative thoughts bum you out. You can do this, we can do this! Have a good week!

Happy Sailing,

Congratulations to all on their weight loss. Looks like everyone had a good week.

Walked my buns off this week and lost 3 pounds. I tried on some of my older cruising clothes and am back into most of them!! :D It is a great feeling to have clothes that you have not been able to get into in years fit!!!

Janet

Congrats to keystonemama, Janet and serapdot. Great work all of you. I weighed this morniong and while it wasn't a great amount, it still was a loss of .8 lbs. That is better than the last 2 weeks. Now to just keep building on that, and I will be happy. I don't know what I will do when I return home after we leave our winter resting place here in Myrtle Beach. I live in an extremely rural town and it seems as if everyone has finished with WW there. If there are not more than 15 participants, there is no meeting. I can only hope and pray that I will be in luck from mid-April on.

Welcome to vivavegas. You are correct. Sometimes the flesh is weak but there is a lot of support here and it helps. A LOT!!!!! Good luck with your endeavours.

Ciao,

Nikki

gubby - I live in a pretty "rural" town too. I am doing WW on my own. We have a meeting here but I went to my one free meeting and it was full of not real pleasant people and people who have been doing this for years and kinda stuck to themselves. So, I'm doing it alone. I have confidence that you can too. :D