Weight Watchers Point System anyone?

cruising mickey

Great job Janet!:) I know sometimes you feel just bloated all week then get on that scale and it shows weight loss, the body is a confusing contraption sometimes! Funny, I went shopping for jeans Saturday and a top for my birthday date, I walk into one of those stores, you know the one, they scream, "Ha, you really think you can find something in here to fit, we ONLY sell small, medium, large and that you are not!":mad: Well, haha, I was able to fit into a Large, take that stupid skinny fashion world! :D

Thanks Lindsyb, Mexican is my fav, just leave off the guac/sour cream, lot's of salsa and you should be fine. I go out to eat at least once a week w/co-worker, we order veggies and meat, usually drop the bread and can stay on point, good luck!

Just4kixx, wow that's alot of weight in 4.5 months, I hope I can do that well!

I've decided this week to try and stay on daily points only to keep my metabolism confused, I usually end up eating or (drinking) lol, all my extra points! I also managed to eat only a small piece of my birthday cake, the blackberry wine one, it was quite easy after I figured up it had 9 points!:eek:

Happy Sailing,

I cruise in 2 months... I am excited to say that I have no cruise clothes that fit me. My dress pants, formal wear, shorts and bathing suit all are too big. I think I have some figuring out to do on the clothes front! :D

So, at my WI this week not only did I make 25# and get my charm, I surpassed it by 2 pounds and made my 10% goal!!!!! I cried! I haven't weighed as low as I am since my daughter was born 16 years ago. I am really pleased.

Now, do you all think I should wait a little before buying new clothes, maybe another month? I know that one of my formal dresses I can have altered but I will need daily warm weather wear.

Good job to everyone that lost weight this week!:D

Diane

I cruise in 2 months... I am excited to say that I have no cruise clothes that fit me. My dress pants, formal wear, shorts and bathing suit all are too big. I think I have some figuring out to do on the clothes front! :D

So, at my WI this week not only did I make 25# and get my charm, I surpassed it by 2 pounds and made my 10% goal!!!!! I cried! I haven't weighed as low as I am since my daughter was born 16 years ago. I am really pleased.

Now, do you all think I should wait a little before buying new clothes, maybe another month? I know that one of my formal dresses I can have altered but I will need daily warm weather wear.

Diane

Diane CONGRATS!!!

You SO deserve new clothes, but if you can afford the time, I'd suggest you wait! You could easily be another size (or dare I say 2?) in a month, and you want to look like your cloths FIT when you're cruising, right? None of those saggy a$$ pants (and I DO mean that LITERALLY!!!) :p

I say WAIT!

:D

A~

I came across this new product. Has anybody tried PB2 by Bell Plantation?

It is basically pulverized peanuts, with the oil extracted. It contains 85% less fat than traditional peanut butter. It's ingredients are: Roasted peanuts, sugar and salt. The best part is... 2 Tablespoons prepared PB2 is only 1 WW Points +!!!! Compare that to 5 Points with traditional peanut butter, and it is a no-brainer!

I bought mine on Amazon, and have had a serving (sometimes 2) daily since my order arrived.

The texture is not your ordinary PB, but you have control over the consistency. SInce you mix the powder with water (or your liquid of choice), you decide how thick or creamy to make it!

It is worth the price (I paid $10.99/pound bag) if you are missing peanut butter in your diet like I was.

Just wanted ot share! :cool:

A~

Hello, Thanks for the advice on clothing. I think you are right, I will wait a month and see where I am at. I did go try on a few things today, just to see and boy was that fun. It feels good to know that clothes that looked like poo before look really nice now. :D

I so know what you mean about saggy a$$ pants. I finally broke down and bought 2 pairs of jeans that actually fit. I've gone from a tight 24 to a nice 18, you can imagine the sag there:eek:. My daughter, 16, was very happy to see me in new pants. hehe

As far as the PB2, I LOVE it. I use the chocolate PB2 mostly. I make a sammy out of it, put it on bananas, add it to my skinny cow, crackers, etc. My husband, he's doing WW too, put it in his milk. He thought he would get chocolate peanut butter milk but it didn't quite work but was still tasty. I think I might try a smoothie soon.

I am a peanut butter freak so this low point version is a wonderful for me.

Diane

Diane

I agree that you should wait for a while. Even 4 weeks can make a big difference in what size and style will work well for you.

Congratulations size 24 to 18 is a huge drop. You must have worked very hard to get there.

Janet

Has anyone seen the "Walden Farms" products. They were advertised in the WW Magazine. I tried a few and except for the little after taste of the "Splenda" they use for sweetner they are great. They have NO calories and NO fat.

You can purchase them directly from

Waldenfarms.com or another place is Amazon.com

Has anyone seen the "Walden Farms" products. They were advertised in the WW Magazine. I tried a few and except for the little after taste of the "Splenda" they use for sweetner they are great. They have NO calories and NO fat.

You can purchase them directly from

Waldenfarms.com or another place is Amazon.com

Hi Chris~!

I saw the advertisement too, and was checking out the reviews online. Tho some were positive, many said they tasted aweful. I'm glad to hear someone reliable (you ARE a fellow cruiser, afterall :p) give a positive review~ I realize that many people tend to do a review when they are disappointed... similar to reviewing a hotel or car rental or even a cruise! :eek: , so it is reassuring to find that you are pleased with the products!

Maybe I'll check them out again~ The one product that seemed to get consistant positive reviews was the Caramel Syrup... go figure~

WI is tomorrow... fingers crossed~

A~

I stumbled across this thread this morning when I got up early after a restless night. I am so impressed with all the sucesses that others have had with WW. I joined in mid-January and have had my ups and downs- a total loss of 5.2#. I had hoped for more, but given that we are in South Carolina for the winter, and tend to eat out a lot and socialize with our winter friends over some great meals, I will count this as a success. It is only because I try to track my eating every day that I have lost any weight. It is amazing how weight creeps on when I am not aware of every bite I put in my mouth. Our next cruise is coming up in November so I hope to have met my goal and learned to maintain it by then. Like others commenting here, it would be great to buy some better-fitting cruise clothes. DH and I are also beginning to start packing light as we are tired of hauling luggage around for pre or post cruise travels. This seems like a good time to buy lighter clothing. Everyone keep up the good work. I am happy that I found this site and count on all the encouragement that abounds here.

Ciao,

Nikki

I joined in mid-January and have had my ups and downs- a total loss of 5.2#.

I think 5.2# is really great! Keep up the good work. Tracking has been my one of my biggest weight loss helps. We tend to eat out at least once a week and I love how I can fit it into the game plan by tracking.

Anyhow, well done!:D

Has anyone seen the "Walden Farms" products.

Years ago I tried a few of the products and I didn't like them at all. I wonder if they have changed? I have seen some positive reviews. My local grocery store has some products and I might have to give them a try again.

Hello all,

It's a rainy day here in FL today, but we need it. Curled up with coffee and a book this morning before all the "men" of the house arose.

I stayed on point this week, even cheated a couple of times w beer/wings and a celebration cake at work, but I managed not to use my activity points.

May I suggest buying Lee's classic stretch boot cut jeans. They are very slenderizing. I bought a pair last week and wore them to work Friday, I had at least 3 people ask me how much weight I had lost. ;) Talk about motivation!

At WI this morning I showed a loss of 1/2 lb this week, but I also met my 5% goal! I'm averaging about 1.6 lbs per week. That's 11.4 lbs in 7 wks or.....45 sticks of butter!!! lol :p

Good luck this week to everyone, remember this is a life change and it's a daily process, we are getting healthier & slimmer together!

89 days till Paradise!!!:D

Happy Sailing,

May I suggest buying Lee's classic stretch boot cut jeans. They are very slenderizing. I bought a pair last week and wore them to work Friday, I had at least 3 people ask me how much weight I had lost. ;) Talk about motivation!

At WI this morning I showed a loss of 1/2 lb this week, but I also met my 5% goal! I'm averaging about 1.6 lbs per week. That's 11.4 lbs in 7 wks or.....45 sticks of butter!!!

Yay 5%!! That is so great, Congratulations!

I am always looking for a great pair of jeans. I may have to search of and find a pair of Lee's to try on.

Hello all,

It's a rainy day here in FL today, but we need it. Curled up with coffee and a book this morning before all the "men" of the house arose.

I stayed on point this week, even cheated a couple of times w beer/wings and a celebration cake at work, but I managed not to use my activity points.

At WI this morning I showed a loss of 1/2 lb this week, but I also met my 5% goal! I'm averaging about 1.6 lbs per week. That's 11.4 lbs in 7 wks or.....45 sticks of butter!!! lol :p

Good luck this week to everyone, remember this is a life change and it's a daily process, we are getting healthier & slimmer together!

89 days till Paradise!!!:D

Happy Sailing,

Congrats on losing the weight. Slow and steady wins the race, and you are doing very well! I need a new pair of jeans so will keep my eye out for Lee's classic while out shopping this week. A pair that makes me look slimmer is an added bonus. Remember that even though these new jeans may have made made you look slimmer, you ARE slimmer. I have my WI in the morning and am hoping for some better news than last week when I had a 1 1/2 pound gain.

Ciao,

Nikki

Hi Everyone,

I did my weekly weigh in this morning and I lost 2.4 pounds :D:D

Being extra careful over the weekend paid off.

Congratulations to just4kixx, keystonemama and everyone else fighting the good fight.

Janet

Hi everyone! I just started WW 2 days ago. I am looking into cruise for next Fall/Winter. We just got back from a great cruise on the Liberty but

I ate the Guy Burgers everyday. I am so excited to find this. If there is

anyone out there that needs help I will be here. I have always loved cruise critic. So this is awesome!!! I am 5 "10 and 195 lbs Would love to be at 170 by Sept.

Good Luck Everbody!!

Good work on the losses to Janet and just4kixx and anyone else that made good numbers this week. I did my weighin this morning and lost 3.4 pounds last week. I am now 1.1# from my 5% and hope to achieve that next Monday when I will need to renew my pass. By the time we leave Myrtle Beach I would like to ultimately have lost my 10%. but I will be happy with any loss. I didn't put these extra pounds on in a couple of months so will not lose them that quickly. I am learning to track every bite that I consume and must keep up that habit when I reach my goal. There were 2 ladies at WW this morning who each have lost over 75 pounds. What an inspiration to all! I just made al arge pot of chili using 92% lean ground beef. With all the beans and veggies, that will help me stay full, lose a pound or two and keep DH happy with our food choices. I also picked up some ground turkey at the market and plan to make a lasagna with light ricotta cheese for a dinner party on Thursday. That should help to keep me out of restaurants this week.

Ciao,

Nikki