Weight Watchers Point System anyone?

cruising mickey

As for today's weigh-in: down 3.4 for a total of 122.6 since Jan. 2010. :D Lord, help me not to focus on that fact that goal weight is still 85.6 lbs away!

That is an amazing weight loss...

Keep your head high and your eye on the prize, you have every right to be proud.

Janet

Hi Everyone,

I just started WW this week - my first weigh-in is on Friday! We are cruising to Hawaii in October and although I am not losing specifically for the cruise it sure would be nice to be a size (or three) smaller by then.

I'll try to catch up on the recent posts to this thread as I find the message boards on the WW website very difficult to use.

:) Well done to all ... changing a lifestyle/habit is sometimes challenging. Keep it up.

I use WW online and iphone app and now - thanks to your posts and encouragement - back seriously onto the Points.

97 days to lose about 10 kg / 22lbs or as much as I realistically can.

"Operation Fit Back into my Evening Dresses" is on - so no more snacks, sweets, cakes or biscuits :eek:

I am a 'grazer' and always seem to gravitate towards the fridge when I go into the kitchen, so huge doses of willpower and self-control needed! Here goes.....

:) Well done to all ... changing a lifestyle/habit is sometimes challenging. Keep it up.

I use WW online and iphone app and now - thanks to your posts and encouragement - back seriously onto the Points.

97 days to lose about 10 kg / 22lbs or as much as I realistically can.

"Operation Fit Back into my Evening Dresses" is on - so no more snacks, sweets, cakes or biscuits :eek:

I am a 'grazer' and always seem to gravitate towards the fridge when I go into the kitchen, so huge doses of willpower and self-control needed! Here goes.....

Princessbunnit, welcome!

If you are a grazer, keep lots of fruits and veggies around to help with that. You can do it.

I am envious of your cruise, I have always wanted to sail on Cunard. Well maybe some day!

Janet

Hi Everyone,

I just started WW this week - my first weigh-in is on Friday! We are cruising to Hawaii in October and although I am not losing specifically for the cruise it sure would be nice to be a size (or three) smaller by then.

I'll try to catch up on the recent posts to this thread as I find the message boards on the WW website very difficult to use.

Three sizes smaller, won't that be grand! I am aiming for 2 myself.:rolleyes:

WW does work, you just have to stay with it and count your points faithfully.

Keep checking in with us.

Janet

I joined WW Jan 1, 2012. I am doing the online program. THe results have been terrific. My concern is that I have lost 21 pounds in 6 weeks. The online program tells me that it is not safe to lose more than 2 pounds in a week. I follow the points plus and always get within 2-3 points of the target (Usually under). I eat lots of fruits and vegies, including bananas. I walk as much as I can, so I score extra points that way, but never use them. I keep thinking that eventually I will not lose that much in a week, but it has consistently been 2-3 pounds per week. Should I slow this down? Or will it do it naturally? This is my first time on WW. I cruise in July and would like to lose another 15-20 pounds.

I joined WW Jan 1, 2012. I am doing the online program. THe results have been terrific. My concern is that I have lost 21 pounds in 6 weeks. The online program tells me that it is not safe to lose more than 2 pounds in a week. I follow the points plus and always get within 2-3 points of the target (Usually under). I eat lots of fruits and vegies, including bananas. I walk as much as I can, so I score extra points that way, but never use them. I keep thinking that eventually I will not lose that much in a week, but it has consistently been 2-3 pounds per week. Should I slow this down? Or will it do it naturally? This is my first time on WW. I cruise in July and would like to lose another 15-20 pounds.

They do not recommend that you lose more than 2 pounds a week because of the danger of loosing lean muscle. I have found that I tend to lose quite a bit of weight when I first start (or restart the program). Some of the weight that you lost was likely water. I frequently lose a little over 2 pounds a week and get the same warning.

I would suggest that you make sure that you are eating your minimum points, take your vitamin and do not go hungry. Make sure that you are getting your protein! Do not deprive yourself because remember that you are in for the long haul with a program that can last you the rest of your life. You will likely see your weight loss slow down naturally in the next few weeks.

If you are feeling well, exercising and doing everything that you need to, then continue what you are doing. If you are feeling unwell, weak or nauseous slow down on the program or perhaps you should speak to your doctor.

Janet

I just uploaded the WW bar scanner on my Iphone. WOW what a great tool. I went over to the grocery store and anything I was concerned about I just scanned the ar code and it told me what the points are. If I wanted it I could even upload it into my daily tracker or just save it in favorites. I makes shopping wasy easier for things your not sure if you could have them. It even had Wal-Mart brand Non-Dairy creamer in it's database.

LOVE that app!!! so far it's helped me get rid of 15 pounds....and I still have about 8 months to go!!

Lost 2.2 this week. Total of 10 lbs lost over 7 weeks. I am hoping to be down another 10 by our trip to Disneyland mid-April. Would love to lose 30 total by our cruise the end of June. It would just be wonderful to have to go buy all new clothes for the trip!

Ok, I am absolutely luvin' WW. I splurged on Valentine's dinner this week, did not get all my weekly exercise in, went out last nite with Dh & son to dueling piano bar for my birthday, (and yes I ended up on top of the piano, lol), drank way too many tequila shots/margarita's...:p and WI this morning I had lost another 2lbs.!!!

That makes 10.8 total lbs in 5wks or 42 sticks of butta!!! Doing the happy dance!:)

My DH is baking me a blueberry wine cake today, hoping I call only eat a small piece,:eek:

My co-worker gave me a WW calculator as a birthday gift, awesome! She has lost 25lbs so far too.

I am also in the double digits till we cruise!!!

This has been an awesome week!

Congrats on all the weight loss for everybody, Let's do this thing!

Very Impressive Keystonemama!~

At my WI, I was down 1# today! That's 46.8# to date, 6.6# to goal... soooo close i can taste it! HAHAHA!!! Compared to my weight loss over the first 4.5 months, I feel like I am moving at a snail's pace! :rolleyes: But I KNOW that the slower consistant weight loss is soooo much more healthy and likely to stay off, so I'll continue to crawl :p

Shared a "before" picture (a formal pix from a cruise 2 years ago ;) )with my fellow WW at today's meeting. That's a real ego booster!

Hope you all are doing well!

A~

Great job to Keystonemama and just 4kixx.

I went to the mall today. I did try on some clothes and I am definitely down one size. What a great feeling!! I did not really buy much because I want to get down another size.

The scale has not moved well this week. I am not really sure why. My weigh in is tomorrow and I am a little nervous.

Janet

Great job Keystonemama and Just4kixx!!!

I am hoping for similar results as I have a girls' night at my fave Mexican restaurant this week. This will be my first meal out since starting WW and then next week I have to travel for work so that is every day/all meals out for a full week. Going to need major willpower and will track points as best I can.