Carnival Wedding

Coolcruise02

Don't believe you can get married 'on the ship' while in Jamaica on the Triumph.. :(

She can however get married at several different places in Ocho Rios, as we did this past April. We were married below the falls at Shaw Park Gardens.

Absolutely wonderful.. and so easy to arrange. Carnival gets a thumbs up from us for their services, and Jasmine at Island Dream Weddings was great as well.. :p

17 days until our 1st Anniversary cruise on the Miracle... :D

Please make her aware of the risks. If a cruise wedding goes perfectly, it must be the greatest wedding experience EVER.

BUT....there are always chances of delays, missed ports, hurricanes....if you don't mind the risks, then by all means go for it, but be prepared for any and all possible glitches!!!!!

This info from the carnival site might be helpful

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Carnival_Weddings_-_Ceremony.aspx

Can I get married on board?

spacer.gifCivil Ceremonies - are performed in English by a notary public.

Non-Denominational Ceremonies - In the following ports are performed by a minister St. Thomas Galveston New Orleans California Barbados Nassau Jamaica Grand Cayman Note: Weddings are not performed on deck or in your stateroom, nor can they be performed by the ships' captains. A witness can be provided if necessary.

Information Packages - Information packages for your ceremony will be mailed directly to you. Please fill out all the forms and return to the address provided. A representative will then contact you to explain the ceremony procedures and answer any additional questions.

Ceremony Changes - Due to time constraints, no ceremony changes will be permitted on the day of the wedding.

Vow Renewal - Proof of valid marriage is required prior to performing your vowal renewal. Same wedding packages apply exempt license fees.

Time and Locations - All shipboard ceremonies are performed in port prior to sailing. Carnival has chosen several locations on board at which to have your wedding ceremony/reception. Locations are determined based on the number of guests attending., length of reception and entertainment requests. We will make every effort to honor specific requests for locations and times, however in the event there are multiple weddings on that day, requests will be considered on a first come, first serve basis. Ceremonies are scheduled and confirmed within two weeks of sailing. All times are approximate and can be delayed due to unforeseen events.

We were married on the Conquest in Nov 2003 in the port of Jamaica by a Jamaican minister that came on board. It was a beautiful port for outdoor pictures on deck (I like to start on a positive note). And we were very well treated by our room steward and his assistants and many other staff~ we kind of became celebrity's for the week. But, we did have many "glitches". Alot of broken promises after many emails and a few phone calls even, to Jamaica before leaving, to make sure everything was arranged. My flowers were wrong which I had paid an extra $$ amount for (to have white roses~ they were yellow with stems on them that were over 12 inches long). The minister was supposed to have information for me or something set up since we wanted to take our group of 8 out and about on the island afterwards~ he looked at me blankly when I inquired and knew nothing about my request. He forgot to have me say my vows so we had to perform the entire wedding again. Our marriage license arrived a few months later as they had stated, but it had the wrong date printed on it. There were no candlabras in the room which were in the picture sent to me that stated our wedding site would be identical to the photo. The photo package was decent~ alot of neat photos but they all had a kind of brownish/orange tone to them. We did oay extra for the videographer and that did consume alot of time (but made an impressive video). The videographer just had no personality and wouldn't really even talk to us other than to tell us what to do. He did a pre-wedding interview (which I had to do over because before taping my husband, he realized there was no sound on my interview). He took us around the ship for some "action" video out and about on deck, at a lounge (where he told us to order a frozen drink with the garnish for the taping, and they proceded to charge our S&S for it although we are beer/wine drinkers and wouldn't normally order something like that), to the gift shops, etc. Then he taped the whole wedding and reception and followed up with a post wedding interview. It was a very thorough video and worth paying for to save the menories, but like I said before, it did consume alot of time before and after the wedding (along with reviewing the photos and choosing which ones we wanted, then looking at the finals, to find we weren't happy with the color and a few flaws in printing that needed fixing, then had to meet again for final review). All in all it was a good time and we don't really regret having gotten married on the ship, we laugh about alot of it now! But do make sure to document (get names of people you speak to, and exactly what they say).

Thanks for all the responses!

stlrboo-Did Carnival arrange for everything "off ship" for you? Did they tell you that you could not get married on the ship while in port?

sea u onboard-I will check out that board.

Hbasket1-What room did they perform the ceremony in? My daughter's package is to include an hour of open bar and appetizers. I just wonder if they have the vows and the reception in the same room.

My wife and I were married in St. Thomas in 2003 while on a cruise on the Pride. Carnival did a super job making sure everything went perfectly. Our videographer was Radu, who was from Romania. He was really a professional and a great guy besides. We would reccomend a cruise wedding to anyone looking for something a little different.

As long as you understand the risks involved... On our cruise in Feb on the Miracle... there were several wedding parties. Well, the ship didn't get in port until 2PM.. originally these people thought they would be boarding at 11AM... they waited all day instead... I'm sure the entire day put a damper on the wedding. It CAN be unpredictable and as long as you are not expecting perfection, go for it!!

oooo I remember that one girl= she posted here regularly before we cruised and she was getting all kinds of wrong (very) wrong information about our cruise. She kept being told she will board at 10:30 and will be getting married at 11:30 onboard. But we all knew the Miracle wasnt even gonna be in yet. Poor thing didnt get on til after 3 (an youimagine her nerves) she was a beautiful bride though.

I thought that on a ship you can only get married on the ship at the departure port for it to be legal?

coolcruise02- Our ceremony was performed in a quiet private room (the Salon) and then the reception following was in another similar room that was already set up when we walked down there. We chose the smaller package that was for a total of 8 people and included cake and champagne. It was very nice~

My DH and I were married on the Glory in March 2004. We LOVED it! If we had it to do over, we would do it again in a second. The only "stress" I had to deal with was where to have my hair done and what color and type of flowers I wanted. I'll be happy to answer any questions you have.

Archived