Oasis: Deck 8 or 11

When we booked I chose a balcony room on deck 8. At the time I thought deck 8 was great but then realized just how big this ship was- basically the middle of the ship! We are so used to a cabin where we can run back quickly from the pool. It's $300 more to get a balcony on deck 11. Is it worth it?

We are booked on the Oasis later this month in a JS on deck eight and quite happy. This deck has Central Park and we enjoy the restaurants there and will eat quite frequently at them. Also I think deck 8 has easy ecess to the Boardwalk and Promenade.

Sorry, we are not pool people so can't comment on how easy it is to get up there. We have been on the Allure twice and never ran into elevator issues that can arise on other RCI ships

When we booked I chose a balcony room on deck 8. At the time I thought deck 8 was great but then realized just how big this ship was- basically the middle of the ship! We are so used to a cabin where we can run back quickly from the pool. It's $300 more to get a balcony on deck 11. Is it worth it?

from the sounds of it, you'd benefit from it. just ask yourself are you pool people or "everything else" people. if you're pool people, thats $300 well spent.

We were on the Oasis on Deck 8 and I loved the location. We were right around the corner from the Central Park Cafe for a quick breakfast sandwiches, etc. and the famous roast beef sandwiches! It was nice to walk through Central Park to get to our room. If you do a search you will see that deck 8 is very recommended (which is how I came to choose it ;)). Keep it!!

I also prefer to be near the pools so I was leary of booking Deck 8. No regrets and if I ever go on the Oasis again, I will again choose Deck 8. The only thing I would do different is choose a cabin further aft. We found that most of the time we headed aft to go anywhere (dining, pools, etc.) and those hallways are llloooooooonnnnnnggggg!! Look at the deck plans and see where you think you'll spend most of your time. If you're near an elevator it is not an issue to go up a few levels to the pool. It is long if you are constantly going from forward to aft or even mid-ship to aft :eek:.

No matter where you stay, you will have a great time and get plenty of exercise!!

I love deck 8 so much we have booked it again for our next cruise in May.

I didn't mind the extra bit of walking...the excersize is good for us and you have all day to do exactly as you please, there's never any urgency!

we used the stairs alot and never had any trouble with elevators to go up to the pools.

I don't think i would spend an extra $300 for deck 11...you could use that money to experience some restarants on the ship or towards your onboard account...frozen mojito anyone?!! ;):D

Funny, cause we booked deck 10 a year ago so we were 4-5 desks to the Promenade or 4-5 decks to the pool and solarium/gym. We walk everywhere so that was our consideration. But then my cousin decided to join us and booked an interior cabin in August. One of the few available was on deck 8 and now I'm a little jealous:rolleyes:- I sort of like the idea of bring so handy to the Central Park! Of course we have a balcony, so we will have less need to " go" somewhere to enjoy coffee or whatever!

So in the end I would say if you plan to walk and already have access to the outside- you'll be fine on 11; but if you were in an interior and plan to spend time in the park or on the promenade- go for 8

Thank you all for the advice! We have decided to stay put. I did some research and deck 8 reviews are very positive and I like the idea of being close to Central Park. Lord knows this body could use some exercise so I will smile through the trek up and down the stairs. The clincher for me was:

The only thing I would do different is choose a cabin further aft. We found that most of the time we headed aft to go anywhere (dining, pools, etc.) and those hallways are llloooooooonnnnnnggggg!! Look at the deck plans and see where you think you'll spend most of your time. If you're near an elevator it is not an issue to go up a few levels to the pool. It is long if you are constantly going from forward to aft or even mid-ship to aft :eek:.

We are aft and near an elevator- perfect for my lazy moments! :D

We had deck 8 on Oasis as well. It wasn't until we got on board that I had a bit of a panic because on our last several cruises we had been so close to the pool deck. I quickly learned it was not an issue. We weren't too terribly far from the elevators and it was never a problem to catch one. We rarely walked UP to the pool but frequently took the stairs down to the cabin. Deck 8 was convenient to Central Park and Boardwalk as everyone has said and a short walk on the stairs to Royal Promenade. Deck 8 is a winner! Glad you have decided to stay put. I think you will be happy.

Archived