How to Kill Some Time

Pather

We fly out of Barcelona at 1:30 PM to Amsterdam. Sounds like trip from port to airport only 20 minutes or so. Should get to airport about noon. Anything that we could do around port for a couple hours rather than sitting at airport from about 9-1:30? RC Liberty, get in at 6 AM - how late could we stay on ship? Thanks.

You might not have as much time as you think. You may not get off the ship until 830-900 at the earliest. You are on an international flight so 2-3 hours is required to be at the airport. So you may have an hour or so. You might just stay on board as long as possible. I am assuming you also embarked in Barcelona so not much you can do that you didn't do earlier.

Request the later departure luggage tags (9:00-9:30am) off the LOS..These are very popular so request them at guest services at least 2-3 days prior to disembarkation..The taxi line can take you approx 1/2 hr or more at that time..depending...You really won't have as much time as you're assuming. Also LOS offers a later extend your day option to stay onboard (I believe for a charge but we had no interest so not sure of the details)..My personal experience is based on last months cruise in/out of Barcelona on LOS...Enjoy and Good luck :)

Yes 20', don't forget long lines for taxi. You really don't have as much time as you think.

I guess a nice sitdown breakfast if available than off the ship by 9am would be my plan. Figure get my taxi by 10, airport at 10:30 that is about right.

We fly out of Barcelona at 1:30 PM to Amsterdam. Sounds like trip from port to airport only 20 minutes or so. Should get to airport about noon. Anything that we could do around port for a couple hours rather than sitting at airport from about 9-1:30? RC Liberty, get in at 6 AM - how late could we stay on ship? Thanks.

I would just get off the ship at normal time and get myself to the airport and avoid any potential delays (and stress!!!). You're flying International, you'll have to check in a couple of hours early.

So you have an hour to kill, go for coffee or look at the airport shops.

My favorite pastime in an airport is people-watching. I never get bored! :D

Actually the OP isn't flying international in the true sense of "Transatlantic". The OP is going to Amsterdam. This is a flight between two Schengen countries, so it is like a domestic flight in the US. The OP shouldn't need be at the airport 3 hours prior to the flight.

Actually the OP isn't flying international in the true sense of "Transatlantic". The OP is going to Amsterdam. This is a flight between two Schengen countries, so it is like a domestic flight in the US. The OP shouldn't need be at the airport 3 hours prior to the flight.

Good point but still ot a lot of extra time.

Missed this, sorry!

No probs. If someone is not familiar with intra-Europe travel, it is easy to think going between certain countries is treated like an International flight. I honestly can't remember how early I got to the airport in Barcelona for my flight to Pisa last spring. I think it was under 2 hours (we were flying Vueling). I know their check-in starts at 2.5 hours and you have to be checked in 40 minutes prior to flight. Since we had assigned seats and had checked in online, there was no need to be there right when check-in started.

To the OP: Go the website for the airline you are traveling on. See if you can find out what their check-in times are. That will give you a good idea of how much time you'll have to play with.

Completely agree. I come in on a TA in April to Barcelona and flying back home to Paris. The thought of having the toddler at the airport for so many hours is making me nuts. What to do for a few hours???

Archived