For the ladies. a question

iluvdoxies

Hi sailing on the Sun this Sat.

How is the hair contd they give you in the cabin ? We have a suite. Is is good or should I bring my own ?

Thanks in advance.

Take your own just in case. In a suite you MAY get the small bottles, or you may have a combination shampoo/conditioner dispenser in the shower. Either way I wouldn't risk having a BAD hair day on the ship and just not feeling yourself. ;)

It's ok, very thin, more like a creme rinse than a conditioner really.. Works for my short, easy-care hair, but daughters prefer their own conditioner for their long hair. Also, on some cruises we haven't had it, only conditioning shampoo - I always bring a tiny bottle just in case. Best part about conditioner, you don't need much, so a tiny 3oz. travel bottle can easily last two weeks.

Robin

Edited by Fishbait17

We were in an OV, not a suite, so I don't know if you get separate conditioner. Ours was a shampoo/conditioner combination in a dispenser.

Worked fine for my hair, but mine is short. Yours might need separate conditioner. I'd recommend bringing some of your own in that case.

I have long hair and always bring my own where ever I go. I never take the chance that I won't be able to comb my hair out after a shower especially if you are crusing in a hot climate. Sun and salt water will take their toll on your hair and unless it's very short, you should always use a good conditioner that you know works for you. (Hairdresser in my previous life :p)

I don't normally use conditioner on my hair so I didn't bring any the first cruise, just used their 2 in 1 which again would normally have been fine. My hair is pretty cooperative. Sea air is extremely unkind to hair, mine felt like straw.

I decided a good quality conditioner is on my high recommendations for cruising, I definately brought my own the next cruise.

I think you are wise bringing your own.

Bring yours....the ship's hair dryers do get hot...but they don't BLOW...and that's the whole point of a "blow dryer"! Your husband could breathe on your hair and get as much blowing action as the dryer's have!

So, should you bring your own blow dryer too?

Phew, that is what I was thinking about suites, having different hair care products. I have heard things about those products. I am hoping to pack very lightly so I didn't want to be bringing conditioner with. When I cruised before my hair was short and no problem with product in regular rooms. Hair is longer now and definately need conditioner. I looked at pictures of the suites and they show a tray with all the extra product on there so I am just gonna trust it will be good.

I am usually in suites and have longish hair. I bring my own condtioner, sometimes I will use there condtioner but I need alot of it for my hair. If I am drving to port I bring my own blowdryer and styling tools. When I fly I try and get a blowdry at the salon during their port specials, I can get 2 days from a good blow out, if I bring my velcor roller maybbe 3 days. I also learned a trick. I bring a real good condtioner/treatment for hair, I put it in a small container not the whole botte. Then I go to the sauna with the treatment on my hair and a showercap it aint pretty but after 1/2hr go back and wash and style my hair and it is so soft and amazingtry it I use ojon treatment

Anyone have a good recommendation for shampoo and conditioner? My hair is getting brittle and dull from meds. :(

I like the John Freida "Brilliant Brunettee/Blonde" line for when my hair needs good shine.

I just started using a Loreal hair mask in a jar a few times/week because my hair has been wrecked by a hairdryer that was getting old and running too hot.

So, should you bring your own blow dryer too?

When my hair longer (almost to mid back) I do. If I'm sporting a shorter haircut (shoulder length or so), I don't and it's ok. If I wasn't flying, I'd definitely bring my own. But since I fly, I try to leave those types of clunky things at home if possible.

I am usually in suites and have longish hair. I bring my own condtioner, sometimes I will use there condtioner but I need alot of it for my hair. If I am drving to port I bring my own blowdryer and styling tools. When I fly I try and get a blowdry at the salon during their port specials, I can get 2 days from a good blow out, if I bring my velcor roller maybbe 3 days. I also learned a trick. I bring a real good condtioner/treatment for hair, I put it in a small container not the whole botte. Then I go to the sauna with the treatment on my hair and a showercap it aint pretty but after 1/2hr go back and wash and style my hair and it is so soft and amazingtry it I use ojon treatment

Great idea for giving yourself a treatment! But can you only use the steam room if you have a spa pass, or the day you have a spa treatment?

Is it true that in the NON-suite staterooms there is only liquid soap, no actual bars?

I have heard the same - haven't sailed in a non-suite cabin in a long time so can't be sure. But I have also heard that you can ask your steward for some bar soap. And packing a hotel sized bar of your own won't add much weight.

Robin

Bring yours....the ship's hair dryers do get hot...but they don't BLOW...and that's the whole point of a "blow dryer"! Your husband could breathe on your hair and get as much blowing action as the dryer's have!

Both the Gem and the Pearl had great blow dryers... which ship has the bad ones... I am sailing on the Jewel and would like not to have to pack one but will if necessary.