anybody get Crown Princess pricing yet?

S.S.Oceanlover

The only prices that seemed ALMOST reasonable were during hurricane season. The prices during July seemed VERY high considering the not too exciting itinerary!

We always pay more for cruises. We can only cruise in the summer, Christmas, and Easter Seasons because of working in education. The prices for this cruise are not very much more than our last cruise and that was four years ago and seven days.

We actually picked this Itinerary because of where it was going, and the many sea days (our favorite part). You have a choice to take a cruise or not and what you will pay for it.

We've booked the inaugural sailing -- June 14, 2006. The festivities and send off for this sailing should be wonderful!! I've always dreamed of sailing on a big new ship out of New York harbor. I agree the prices are a bit high, but opportunities to sail on a maiden voyage don't come along very often.

Laura

The prices will not come down....if anything ....they will go Up! Even if either one happens, you will be protected, when you book, it's usually guaranteed if prices drop, your price will be adjusted. If they go up.....then aren't you the early bird! I always book early, not only to get better rates, but to ensure my cabin. I need a quad and triple, and most ships are very limited with these. Even the larger ones have limited quads.

Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar pricing experience with the Crown. I called up the on the first day prices were available, I received 1995 for a BE and 1495 for a K. I called back 2 days later to get prices on a different date. I received 1395 for a BE and 1049 for a K. I was very surprised and had a 10 minute discussion how I was so surprised it would be so less 60 days later and had her reconfirm the price and also priced some suites. I check with my wife on the date and had to switch two weeks earlier. When I called back I was given again the same lower price but only for the last week of July and first week of August. Again I checked with my wife first to insure the date would work and when I called back the next day no one could find that lower price. I have check back 4 times now and only quoted the higher first price. I know the agent was looking at the correct ship, we confirmed the itinerary and the date. Has anyone experienced the same or has anyone confirmed that lower price?

Thanks for your input!!

Funduo, take a look at travelocity they have the $1395 BE rate for some sailings in Sept.

Herb, my TA said that Princess is doing a big computer update over the weekend. Hopefully then the Crown Princess prices will be available on all the online websites.

Laura

Archived