anybody get Crown Princess pricing yet?

S.S.Oceanlover

mucho $$$ for mucho sea days.... the times at port are not very enticing to me. The only port we haven't seen is Turks and Caicos and it leaves at 2 pm.

Oh well, I'm sure the ship will fill up quickly with those who haven't had the opportunity to sail this itinerary.

My thoughts exactly. San Juan is like another sea day for us. Not worth the money even with 1.5 drive into New York.

Yes this is expensive!!"

7/20/06 9 Day sailing Princess Crown from NYC

Cabins for 2-people

Inside 3165.00

Oceanview (Non -Obstructed) 3945.00

Balcony 4265.00

All with taxes included

********* to provide 200.00 Shipboard Credit per cabin!!!

You better believe it's expensive. We paid for a balcony last year for 12 days Med. cruise $4000.00 for 2 people, not including air. Now they want $175.00p.p per day for an inside????? Way too much.

Hi, My TA also said for July, with a balcony, I'm looking at around $2000 for the 1st and 2nd traveler. (I have 4 in my cabin) She is still working on her group rates so she hasn't given me anything solid yet. I was sooo excited about this ship and itinerary, but I have to say, I'm not loving the port times at all! They all seem so short, and I couldn't care less about San Juan, which is the longest! At least if I had nice, long, full days, it would be worth the very high (and it is high!) price. Well, I'll have to see the final outcome. Take care.

Susie

I just spoke to a Princess rep on the phone and she stated that no info would be online for approximately 2 weeks. Since I couldn't quite understand her accent I asked again to make sure she said 2 weeks... Yes, 2 weeks :(

We have pricing from TA for the fall, Oct. 9/06 sailing to the Eastern itinerary and it's much more realistic than the summer pricing being quoted here. I guess if you want to travel in peak season then you pay peak season pricing. We're planning to go on this sailing and stay in New York for a few days as well which will also be cheaper in the fall.

sueandkent,

We live in Nova Scotia and we received prices for next July and August from our TA last night. These prices were in line with our cruise this summer on the Caribbean Princess if figured on a daily rate.

Just wondering if you found them comparable to past Princess cruises that you have taken. Thanks.

Well it looks like I won't be sailing on the Crown first year. I could go on 2 Cruises for those prices and I cruise 3 times a year. Would like to know if the rates in Sept./Oct.'06 are more in line with other Princess Cruises. Just got off the CP and plan to redo Her next winter. Have 2 more Cruises planned for this year in Sept. and Dec. Happy Cruising everyone and hope you get a "Great Deal"! Will be keeping my eye on the "Crown" rates.

We found the rates comparable if you figure out to basically a per day rate. Most of the carribean cruises are 7 days so you have to account for the extra couple of days. I think the June prices are really high because of the ship being new. If the ship doesn't fill up, the prices will come down anyway. Everythings refundable until final payment date anyway so really, we figure there's nothing to lose. Book a cabin now for $100pp (week of April 18th according to our TA) and if we change our minds we can always transfer the booking to another cruise or get our money back. For us, this cruise is not as much about the ship as where it goes. Coming from Western Canada, sailing out of New York is a treat in itself. We decided tonight...we're booking!

We have pricing from TA for the fall, Oct. 9/06 sailing to the Eastern itinerary and it's much more realistic than the summer pricing being quoted here. I guess if you want to travel in peak season then you pay peak season pricing. We're planning to go on this sailing and stay in New York for a few days as well which will also be cheaper in the fall.

Sue,

What kind of price did you get for October?

If you want a fall sailing out of NYC, price the 7 day round trip New England on Princess, it has been the Golden the last couple of years. I dont' remember what we paid a year ago but the daily cost was no where near this high. I always calculate the daily rate and then try to decide if something is priced correctly. If anything I would have thought the initial sailing would be slightly cheaper since there are bound to be problems.

These are the prices quoted from our TA and I suspect they will likely come down once the dust settles a bit. They include all taxes, port charges etc and also include wine and canapes in the room plus $50 on board credit.

Cat. JJ inside $1060pp

Cat. GG and FF outside $1188pp

Cat. EE outside $1256pp

Cat. BC balcony $1358pp

Cat. BB balcony $1392pp

Cat. BA balcony $1426pp

Cat. AC minisuite $1528pp

Cat. AD minisuite $1570pp

Spongerob - so glad to hear New York left a lasting impression on you. That's exactly what we're expecting from this sail. New York is awesome (I have been, DH has not) and I can only imagine what it will be like to see if from sailaway. I'd rather go to New York in the fall anyway as it is unbearably hot and muggy in the summer. If any of you wish to get a quote from our TA you can email me directly at smorin00@shaw.ca and I will pass along her info.

sueandkent -

since you mentioned in your previous post you are sailing in Sept. and you quoted prices for that cruise I guess when can all come to terms that those quoted prices will be the lowest prices offered, since Sept - Oct usually offer the cheapest rates due to prime hurricane season along the East Coast and in the Caribbean.

sueandkent,

We live in Nova Scotia and we received prices for next July and August from our TA last night. These prices were in line with our cruise this summer on the Caribbean Princess if figured on a daily rate.

What were the prices you received for next July?

I am also booked on the 9/30/06 cruise sailing to the Eastern Caribbean. For us the price was reasonable - 9 day cruise and no airfare (since I live in NJ). We went with an inside cabin and were quoted a little over $1000 per person. We are traveling with another couple who goes on at least 2 cruises a year. They felt for a new ship that this was a good price. My T/A did not mention anything about $50 onboard credit with wine and canapes, but I will call and find out tomorrow. They also wanted a $900 deposit, a big difference from the $100 deposit as stated above.

Princess was having trouble getting the deposit to go through with the credit card. Is anyone else having problems? Right now they have our 2 rooms on hold.

I just got the following information off of the Princess website.

Western Caribbean - sail date 2006: Jun 14, Jul 11, Aug 16, Sep 12, Oct 18

Eastern Caribbean (stopping in Bermuda first) -

sail date 2006: June 23, Jul 20, Aug 25, Sep 21

Eastern Caribbean (2 sea days and then Grand Turk ending with Bermuda)

sail date 2006: Jul 2, Jul 29, Aug 7, Sep 3, Sep 30, Oct 9

I hope this helps!!!

It will be the sister to the Caribbean Princess.

Here is the Western Itinerary:

1 New York

2 At Sea

3 At Sea

4 null (whatever that is - I don't know)

5 Ocho Rios

6 Grand Cayman

7 At Sea

8 null (again!!)

9 At Sea

10 New York

I just went to the Princess website and looked under Plan Your Voyage - If you go into date it will bring up the Summer - Fall sailings!!

Archived