Ever call CCL & wonder if the person on the other end actually works for CCL?

wife2b

Ok, not literally but... I've always experienced professionalism in the rare occasion that I've needed to speak with a CCL representative. This time was different-

I had a question about Fare Viewer. The representative came on the line and said "Hello". Didn't ask for my booking number or anything. Odd...don't they follow a script?... Not only did she NOT answer my question but I had to EXPLAIN to her what the Carnival Fare Viewer was, as well as the Price Protection Claim Form- after explaining she'd respond with a "Oh yeah, right, right"... *****?! :eek: On top of that I felt like I was interrupting something, the backround was slightly noisy and she sounded as though she was walking around or moving stuff. I wanted to ask her if she needed me to call her back later.

I should have gotten her name but I was so annoyed with her lack of help I quickly got off the phone knowing I'd get more help from you guys. Ugh... that was unpleasant :(

Have any of you dealt with this unprofessionalism?

Ok, not literally but... I've always experienced professionalism in the rare occasion that I've needed to speak with a CCL representative. This time was different-

I had a question about Fare Viewer. The representative came on the line and said "Hello". Didn't ask for my booking number or anything. Odd...don't they follow a script?... Not only did she NOT answer my question but I had to EXPLAIN to her what the Carnival Fare Viewer was, as well as the Price Protection Claim Form- after explaining she'd respond with a "Oh yeah, right, right"... *****?! :eek: On top of that I felt like I was interrupting something, the backround was slightly noisy and she sounded as though she was walking around or moving stuff. I wanted to ask her if she needed me to call her back later.

I should have gotten her name but I was so annoyed with her lack of help I quickly got off the phone knowing I'd get more help from you guys. Ugh... that was unpleasant :(

I may be way off base here (it has happened before) but

Maybe she was confused because you said Price Protection Claim Form and I believe it is called Early Saver Form

I believe and I could also be wrong, but the reps that get to work from home are usually long term, more experienced employees. That being said, it doesn't sound like that was someone you got ahold of. Maybe she was distracted, no excuse. You would think if she was a new employee that the forms would be some of the first thing they go over with them. Even so, she could have said she wasn't familiar with what you were asking and ask for more information from you.

I think it is in the air. I called Capital One yesterday and I swear I got the man from the commercial that says his name is Peggy! I even wrote it on my note pad. I had to laugh at the visual.

I may be way off base here (it has happened before) but

Maybe she was confused because you said Price Protection Claim Form and I believe it is called Early Saver Form

yea the price protection form is the one for if the price drops within 48 hours and you get 110% back.

I would have thought the OP was confused if they asked about that form too.

this is the best price protection that I would have thought the OP meant until they said. no i mean the ES one.

http://www.carnival.com/cms/fun/cruise_control/guarantee.aspx

shows click here for the form.. best price protection form.

I think it is in the air. I called Capital One yesterday and I swear I got the man from the commercial that says his name is Peggy! I even wrote it on my note pad. I had to laugh at the visual.

I was about to write almost the same thing. I had the worst experience ever calling Capital One yesterday about our upcoming cruise. First I got a girl that barely spoke English. She then transferred me to some guy that sounded like had a mouth full of something. He was speaking English - but for the life of me I couldn't understand him. After asking him to repeat what he said several different times, I finally said "thanks" and hung up.

Must have been a bad "Phone Day" yesterday!:eek:

yea the price protection form is the one for if the price drops within 48 hours and you get 110% back.

I would have thought the OP was confused if they asked about that form too.

this is the best price protection that I would have thought the OP meant until they said. no i mean the ES one.

http://www.carnival.com/cms/fun/cruise_control/guarantee.aspx

shows click here for the form.. best price protection form.

Well, that's the title of the form that I always use for my price drops.

http://www.carnival.com/cms/requestforms/CCLEarlySaverForm.aspx

:confused:

Most of the Customer Service/Reservations do work out of their home and very few remain in the call center here in florida.....Dont Confuse them with the PVP although the PVP's ae now doing customer service sometimes as well....Let me also add that they are now Contracting out alot of this Department which unfortunately it doesn't mean they are knowledgeable...

Well, that's the title of the form that I always use for my price drops.

http://www.carnival.com/cms/requestforms/CCLEarlySaverForm.aspx

:confused:

It just might have taken them a little bit to figure out which one you wanted.

People on here used to confuse the forms, and submit one for the other. It might not have meant they didnt know their stuff, just they didnt know exactly what you wanted.

Thanks for the laugh-made my day!:D

What you experienced was not a Carnival home based agent. Carnival has, however, been working with an outside call center company to help assist with the call volume. The training they get is a fraction of what Carnival provides for actual Carnival agents.

What you experienced was not a Carnival home based agent. Carnival has, however, been working with an outside call center company to help assist with the call volume. The training they get is a fraction of what Carnival provides for actual Carnival agents.

Another mega corporation outsourcing jobs....perhaps to India?

Nope, they are actually all in North America, the company they use hires people to work from home, they do the training and go live, apparentley several large companies use this same center.

So, do they break down the centers by companies or whoever answers the phone does not know what company the person is calling for until they answer the phone? Thus the reason the OP just got a "Hello" greeting instead of "Carnival Cruiselines, How may I help you?"

Its a local company and they are independent contractors only good thing is the jobs at least are staying here...I know they also let quiet a few people go (carnival) that is in their Reservation dept if that is what they call it now it might be considered Customer Service...Anyhow I think some of the posters are right maybe she just got confused...

So, do they break down the centers by companies or whoever answers the phone does not know what company the person is calling for until they answer the phone? Thus the reason the OP just got a "Hello" greeting instead of "Carnival Cruiselines, How may I help you?"

Well no they are supposed to answer the phone Good Evening Welcome to Carnival my name is so and so how may I help you....then ask for your booking number and pin number :) the Outside Agents get Certified thru carnival although if you work for some outsourcing company's you can work multiple clients so then I would change my answer to maybe...If Carnival is what they are working Solely then well she didn't answer the phone correctly...lol

Archived