My Time Dinning Question

mit01

If we have early seating in the MDR, and we get back late from an excursion, would be permitted to go the My Time dinning room? I'm not sure if there is a list of names that the host or hostess checks before seating people. We're not huge fans of dinner in the buffet.

Thanks,

Steve

If we have early seating in the MDR, and we get back late from an excursion, would be permitted to go the My Time dinning room? I'm not sure if there is a list of names that the host or hostess checks before seating people. We're not huge fans of dinner in the buffet.

Thanks,

Steve

Hi Steve, Yes the hostess will check you in and confirm you are signed up for My Time/YT Dining.

I dont believe it is interchangeable between set dining and using YTD.

Thanks,

Steve

Nope. Anytime has a certian number of people just as early and late seating do.

Just wanted to tell you about our experience on the Splendor last year. We also had Early Seating but missed our assigned dining time because of something my teens wanted to do. We resigned ourselves to the buffet- (I HATE the buffet- all that running around picking up this and that, then a drink- everything is cold, none of us get to actually eat with each other as someone is always jumping up to get something...). We happened to meet our dining room assistant waiter up there- I told him we were really sorry about missing the dining room that night. He told us to ask at the podium if it would be possible to dine during the Late Seating (they were just seating them). The hostess said "but of course!". The 4 of us were seated at a large round table in the center of the downstairs dining room all by ourselves. Lovely! I wouldn't THINK of doing it more than once, though- It was a wonderful treat. It was HIS idea.

So to answer your question- it may be possible, if not too many people keep asking, anyway.

All you can do is ask. At worst the answer will be no.

Late ports you still have your dining times.

I was asking CB at Sea about the late ports since she said that you'd have plenty of time to get ready for dinner since you have to be onboard 1/2 hour before the ship sails.

In our port that would be 9:30pm so that wouldn't give you plenty of time to get ready if your dining time is 6pm or even 8:15pm.

My point was one answer doesn't fit all situations.:)

Bill

Archived