First Cruise: Mariner/Seas or Magic?

ladytiger96

We are celebrating our 10 year anniversary by taking our first cruise. We will have our kids, ages 9 and 6.

We are looking at a Jamaican cruise leaving out of Galveston. Mariner of the Seas (RC) is about $450 more than Magic (CCL). We are looking at an inside room.

Any suggestions on which ship might suit us best?

Thanks,

LT

Carnival's inside cabins are much larger than RCI's... so if you're planning on putting all of you in one cabin, consider the size! Cabins aren't like hotel rooms at all...they are very tight!

Since the ports seem important, that's what I'd base my choice on foremost...then by accomodations!

Either ship will give you a great time!

I think the prices on Magic are sky high but going to come down once the newness wears off, but Mariner prices have also gone thru the roof. I have 1/29/12 booked on Mariner for $429 and last I saw prices were over $800 pp!!!

I would prefer Mariner, but I want to see magic too and all the new stuff. Im doing the Magic preview when Magic arrives in Galveston next month :) .. and have it booked next year.

Magic has a new ropes course that I want to try and I want to see the new Red Frog pub and it has a Italian restaurant that is new too, that Dream didnt have when it came out. They stepped it up with Magic when the Dream was a little dissapointing in the lack of new stuff.

It will have a pasta bar that Dream has that Iv never seen either.

Consider--if you will

an inside cabin for 4 people to celebrate an anniversary.

The beds on the floor will need to be seperated so you will have floor space to move about.

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2468890870050360393CWawjz

putting the beds on the floor together you lose your floor space- the only space you have will be UNDER the upper beds and you will have to get out of bed all bent over.

I agree with the above poster-- the cabins are not as large as a hotel room/

With that being said--my first cruise was an inside cabin with 5 of us.

I go with whatever the cheaper price is.

Look at an oceanview or balcony which will have a sofa bed/upper bed

With 4 in a cabin, book one that has the beds that pull down (pullman) over the convertible sofa bed. This gives you more floor room and the pullman beds are MUCH more comfortable. We've done both but will NEVER go with the sofabed again...even for a child. DON'T go with the sofa bed.

Archived