Aukland cruise terminal to airport

We arrive in port on Dec 12 at 7am. Could we make a 9am flight to Sydney?

No way

All the airlines are very strict on check in times, especially for international flights. With a 7.00am arrival, even with priority embarkation, would not see you anywhere near Auckland airport by 8 :eek:

Best to consider later flights (direct to Sydney at 1pm) or there are several indirect (via Wellington)later in the morning

cheers

Several flights leave Auckland around that time for Sydney so check in will be very busy as well. The latest you can check in is 1 1/2 hours before the flight, and you are advised to allow at least 2, sometimes up to 3.

You will also hit the morning peak traffic which could slow you up.

Can I suggest you don't buy any duty free alcohol on the ship or at ports of call because it will be confiscated at Auckland airport when you go through security before you board your plane to Aust. I saw that happen at the end of a cruise not long ago and people were very upset.

You can buy duty free alcohol in the airport complex after you have gone through security.

Wow :eek: - did this only apply to the International passengers - or did/does it affect domestic only flights.:confused:

I assume it is something to do with liquid volumes and security rules for international travel.

Anybody found this at Sydney on embarkation for onward domestics.

Wow :eek: - did this only apply to the International passengers - or did/does it affect domestic only flights.:confused:

I assume it is something to do with liquid volumes and security rules for international travel.

Anybody found this at Sydney on embarkation for onward domestics.

It only applies on international flights and absolutely does not apply on domestic flights. We have carried liquids including alcohol on domestic flights Brisbane-Sydney and Perth-Brisbane. The original query was regarding an international flight out of Auckland.

I mentioned this point because travellers between Aust & NZ often don't think of the flight as being 'truly international' because the countries have such close ties.

We arrive in port on Dec 12 at 7am. Could we make a 9am flight to Sydney?

http://202.175.135.195/en/AirportInformation/International-terminal/International-departures.aspx

International departures

Auckland Airport recommends passengers arrive at least three hours before their scheduled departure time

but, it would be very interesting to watch you try..:eek::eek:;)

It only applies on international flights and absolutely does not apply on domestic flights. We have carried liquids including alcohol on domestic flights Brisbane-Sydney and Perth-Brisbane. The original query was regarding an international flight out of Auckland.

I mentioned this point because travellers between Aust & NZ often don't think of the flight as being 'truly international' because the countries have such close ties.

Only until Sunday in Auckland:D:D

Thanks for the info - you had me goin for a while:rolleyes:

Can I suggest you don't buy any duty free alcohol on the ship or at ports of call because it will be confiscated at Auckland airport when you go through security .

this only applies if you have it in your carryon..

you CAN TAKE IT if it is in your checked luggage.

I bought a 3 litre Jack Daniels on our last cruise, it made it back to OZ via 3 international airports..

I always buy alcohol to bring home from overseas, NEVER HAD IT TAKEN..AND always DECLARE it.

this only applies if you have it in your carryon..

you CAN TAKE IT if it is in your checked luggage.

I bought a 3 litre Jack Daniels on our last cruise, it made it back to OZ via 3 international airports..

I always buy alcohol to bring home from overseas, NEVER HAD IT TAKEN..AND always DECLARE it.

Yes - you can take it in your checked luggage, if you are prepared to take the risk that it will be broken and ruin your clothes. Have you seen what happens to suitcases either on the ship or at the airport?

Someone I know had a bottle of red wine break in her suitcase. That was worse than the 2 litre bottle of vodka that leaked!:) (Neither were ours.)

Yes - you can take it in your checked luggage, if you are prepared to take the risk that it will be broken and ruin your clothes. Have you seen what happens to suitcases either on the ship or at the airport?

Someone I know had a bottle of red wine break in her suitcase. That was worse than the 2 litre bottle of vodka that leaked!:) (Neither were ours.)

you have to be a good packer..and the boxes they sell the booze in on ships are very strong.

all of these bottles came home in a suitcase

2508106120071872817S600x600Q85.jpg

Gee, security must be easier in OZ if they allow liquids (wine, etc) in carry-ons through security even for domestic flights. In Canada & the US, you have to always check alcohol in checked bags - nothing over 3 oz per item in carry-ons, regardless if domestic or international. It WILL be confiscated!

Gee, security must be easier in OZ if they allow liquids (wine, etc) in carry-ons through security even for domestic flights. In Canada & the US, you have to always check alcohol in checked bags - nothing over 3 oz per item in carry-ons, regardless if domestic or international. It WILL be confiscated!

this is on the AUS Virgin site..http://www.virginaustralia.com/Personal/Flightinfo/Baggage/Domestic/index.htm

A maximum of 5 litres of alcohol in total is permitted in retail packaging. This is included in your carry-on baggage allowance

MUST NOT DRINK IT ON THE PLANE THOUGH!

We know:(. This is where the prohibition on carrying liquids came from.

No problems with carrying liquids on domestic flights in Australia.:)

We have those restrictions on the international flights. Domestic and international terminals are separate, so you have that level of security when you're flying internationally.

Archived