question on OBC's

lilpepper

Is there a way to find out what OBC you have on-line or do you have to call celebrity directly? Maybe you have to wait until you are onboard to see the credit that you have for that particular cruise?

Thanks for any insight... :p

You cannot find this out online. If you are not booked with a travel agent you can call Celebrity to find out - if you have a travel agent you need to have them get you this information. Once on board it generally takes 2-3 days on average for the OBC to appear on your account.

You cannot find this out online. If you are not booked with a travel agent you can call Celebrity to find out - if you have a travel agent you need to have them get you this information. Once on board it generally takes 2-3 days on average for the OBC to appear on your account.

You are dealing with an industry stuck in the 20th century. There is no way to find out what OBC's you have until you are on the ship and about the 2nd day. They seem to work from many lists, some undoubtably delivered by carrier pidgeon. The amazing thing is that sometimes they actually get it right.....

I believe that all of the folks saying that you can find out from Celebrity before the cruise are talking about OBC's from Celebrity. If you have an OBC coming from a TA or elsewhere, it may well be a mystery until you get on the ship....

I believe that all of the folks saying that you can find out from Celebrity before the cruise are talking about OBC's from Celebrity. If you have an OBC coming from a TA or elsewhere, it may well be a mystery until you get on the ship....

My on board credit came from a dear friend in the form of a gift. He purchased it on the Celebrity website in the gift section. How do the TA's arrange to give you the credit? I just assumed they did it the same way as my friend.

My wife and I have been on 20+ cruises with Celebrity and have always received any promised OBC within 48 hours after boarding.

Remember that it is an “on-board” credit to your ship-board account, and therefore, you will not receive the OBC until you are officially “on-board” the ship. It usually takes from 24 to 48 hours for the ship and the Celebrity HQ in Miami to confirm (via batch data transmissions) who is “on-board” the ship and what “on-board” credits are to be applied to what accounts. However, always bring any documentation (such as emails from TAs or RCCL’s Investor Relations) that promises an OBC.

vfr

Archived