Waterslides Closed Carnival Wide?????

emporess

After reading the previous postings, it's typical that Carnival would give such a response.... They seem to say what is convenient for them at the time. But this is also so typical of a lot of major businesses and people in charge.

Jim

?????????????????

If the child is on the slide and gets hurt what could the watching parents do. Child on slide, parent side of pool watching child come down. Stuff happens even with the parent standing next to the child.

It's amazing how people jump to conclusions...for all anyone knows, an adult got hurt, but naturally someone has to immediately make ASSumptions!;)

Its not like me to "invite" flaming, and maybe I'm missing something here, but IMHO I think from what I've seen on Carnival ships, the water slides have to be the cheesiest example of a water slide ever. :rolleyes:

Maybe its because I live a mile from Magic Mountain and the accompanying Hurricane Harbor water park. :confused:

Maybe its because Raging Waters is just down the freeway and Southern Californians are spoiled when it comes to water activities. I just can't see how 3 or 4 whirlygigs down a slide thats all of 25 feet tall is exciting for any kid, excepting those that are the most sensory deprived.

Now a 70-80 foot nearly freefall drop down an almost perpendicular slide with the "water braking" at the bottom tearing off the tops of all the unsuspecting female tourists, that's a water slide ! ! :D

Be gentle.

?????????????????

If the child is on the slide and gets hurt what could the watching parents do. Child on slide, parent side of pool watching child come down. Stuff happens even with the parent standing next to the child.

They probably meant, it was a kid that got hurt on the slide, that belongs to parents that probably didn't know where he/she was. You know, let the ship babysit. Just a guess, like everyone else. It's so much of that going on every ship, every cruise.

Its not like me to "invite" flaming, and maybe I'm missing something here, but IMHO I think from what I've seen on Carnival ships, the water slides have to be the cheesiest example of a water slide ever. :rolleyes:

Maybe its because I live a mile from Magic Mountain and the accompanying Hurricane Harbor water park. :confused:

Maybe its because Raging Waters is just down the freeway and Southern Californians are spoiled when it comes to water activities. I just can't see how 3 or 4 whirlygigs down a slide thats all of 25 feet tall is exciting for any kid, excepting those that are the most sensory deprived.

Now a 70-80 foot nearly freefall drop down an almost perpendicular slide with the "water braking" at the bottom tearing off the tops of all the unsuspecting female tourists, that's a water slide ! ! :D

Be gentle.

Hum, I wonder if Carnival would install a slide they could use when in port. It could run from the lido deck down to the sea. They could then have a little ladder to climb back into one of the openings of the ship, to go back and do it again. :D :eek:

Not all of us are lucky enough to live in the middle of an amusement park mecca...we pretty much have to travel far and wide to use a water slide, it's a real treat for the kids. Not having it available would be quite disappointing to our sensory deprived children.

Not all of us are lucky enough to live in the middle of an amusement park mecca...we pretty much have to travel far and wide to use a water slide, it's a real treat for the kids. Not having it available would be quite disappointing to our sensory deprived children.

We live in Orlando, theme park heaven, and it seems we have about a gazillion water parks here. But, you know what? I'd much rather be on a slide on a Carnival ship out in the middle of the ocean any day of the week vs. a slide at a local water park. ;)

My son has yet to go down a slide on a Carnival ship.... 6 ships..... not once has the slide been open during our cruise.

Every cruise he says " can I go on the slide this year? "

I have heard rumors of them being open and I have seen it on the commercials but...

PS. Slide not open on 3-27 sailing of the Legend

We live in Orlando, theme park heaven, and it seems we have about a gazillion water parks here. But, you know what? I'd much rather be on a slide on a Carnival ship out in the middle of the ocean any day of the week vs. a slide at a local water park. ;)

Agree with you 110%! I too am from Orlando and am scheduled to take the kids on the Triumph out of miami for a 7 day East. Car. I just hope that the slide is up and running or the kids AND ME are not going to be as happy, but still happy enough to have a great time

My son has yet to go down a slide on a Carnival ship.... 6 ships..... not once has the slide been open during our cruise.

I have heard rumors of them being open and I have seen it on the commercials but...

I notice you sail off season------do you think weather was a factor on your sailings?

You're kidding? That's unbelievable. :mad:

We sail during spring break from school.

I dont know if the weather was the issue or not..

The first couple of times we thought it was just bad luck :D

We will be on the Liberty next march and We are crossing our fingers haha

It is really not as big of a deal to him now, as it was when he was younger

I can't imagine the weather was a factor on our 3/25 Spirit Cruise to Mexico. I really just want the truth from Carnival. My kids were absolutely ecstatic about the slide. Carnival seems to put a lot of emaphasis on the slide in their TV commercials and the slide being closed was a huge disappointment for us.

We sail during spring break from school.

I dont know if the weather was the issue or not..

The first couple of times we thought it was just bad luck :D

We will be on the Liberty next march and We are crossing our fingers haha

It is really not as big of a deal to him now, as it was when he was younger

That's really too bad. I know it doesn't make or break a cruise, but everyone wants to go down the slide at least once! Good luck next time.

Archived