Waterslides Closed Carnival Wide?????

emporess

We just got off the Spirit today and the waterslide was closed the ENTIRE cruise. A staff member from the Purser's Office told me that Carnival is in a lawsuit and they closed all of the waterslides a week and a half ago on all of the Carnival ships. Anyone heard anything?????

We just got off the Spirit today and the waterslide was closed the ENTIRE cruise. A staff member from the Purser's Office told me that Carnival is in a lawsuit and they closed all of the waterslides a week and a half ago on all of the Carnival ships. Anyone heard anything?????

BS. Just got off Glory today. Slide was open and operational the entire cruise.

We are sailing on the Spirit April 10. How was your cruise? Did you enjoy the ship?

The only thing I've heard of was when my parents went on the Spirit last year to Alaska. Obviously it was to cold for the slide and it was closed all week. It's too early in the season for that ship to be sailing there this time of year.

If this is the case, I agree with VentureMan...Probably some some child that wasn't being watched by their parent got hurt. Ship's fault!

Give me a break!

Emporess - where was your sailing?? COuld it have been weather related??

Would love to be updated on this. We sail soon and my DD absolutely adored the water slide last time she cruised. WOuld need to prepare her in advance if the water slides being closed was in fact the case.

Anyone else hear any news about this???

The waterslide being closed is NOT unusual. Do NOT really plan on it. I have cruised Carnival 3x (Spirit, Victory, Triumph) in the last 5 years; all carribean itineraries, for a total of 25 days. I DO NOT need more than the fingers of 1 hand to count the total number of days the slide was open.

I am aware that the slide sometimes has to close due to the weather, wind etc.

My personal experience - the slide was open during all the scheduled hours.

My DD is aware that there are restrictions about the slide due to the above as well.

The slides being closed all the time fleetwide is an entirely different issue!!

P.S....I do not recall the height restrictions off hand but my son was able to use it when we cruised back when he was 5.

Anybody know the height/age restrictions on using the slide? I have a small 8 year old who will love it.

Depends on the ship.

Use of the Waterslide:

Guests must be at least 48" inches in height to use the waterslide on the following ships:

Holiday, Jubilee, Celebration, Fantasy, Sensation, Elation, Paradise, Inspiration, Imagination, Fascination, Ecstasy

Guests must be at least 42" inches in height to use the waterslide on the following ships:

Destiny, Triumph, Victory, Spirit, Pride, Conquest, Legend, Glory, Miracle, Valor

Guests under 13 must have their parents permission

Probably some some child that wasn't being watched by their parent got hurt. Ship's fault!

?????????????????

If the child is on the slide and gets hurt what could the watching parents do. Child on slide, parent side of pool watching child come down. Stuff happens even with the parent standing next to the child.

Slide was closed on 3/19 Legend cruise...Capers stated it was under repair..But I never saw anyone working onit. Legend goes in Drydock in another week or so...so maybe they are waiting to repair at that time??

?????????????????

If the child is on the slide and gets hurt what could the watching parents do. Child on slide, parent side of pool watching child come down. Stuff happens even with the parent standing next to the child.

I am thinking these people meant more that they did not educate the child about the rules and thus when not following rules, a kid might have gotten hurt. Seen it at water parks and pools where child goes down backwards even though signs says you can NOT go backwards. Or at least this is what I read it as.

Just off the Celebration, sailed March 26-31.

Slides open as posted.....just really long lines the entire time, probably a 30-40 minute wait.:cool:

Hey travelmom, my family was on the Celebration then also. My kids loved the slide.

Just got off the Conquest today, the slide was open every day except the last sea day due to high winds. My 11 yo son must have gone down the slide about 50 times. I'm sorry you were mislead.

Archived