VIP benefits for non suite guest?

Davechipp74

im sure i read on C.C. that the person who sets up the meet and greet, is given VIP benefits. is this true? anyone have any experience with this? im just a silver member and not staying in a suite, but would love anything i can "get" from NCL. if so what might these benefits include? thank you all

:)

im sure i read on C.C. that the person who sets up the meet and greet, is given VIP benefits. is this true? anyone have any experience with this? im just a silver member and not staying in a suite, but would love anything i can "get" from NCL. if so what might these benefits include? thank you all

NO this is not always true that the Group Leader for the Cruise Critic Meet & Greet gets VIP benefits---sometimes it happens, and sometimes not--depends and varies from sailing to sailing and ship to ship.

just like some Meet & Greets get Bridge Tours sometimes not, was fortunate to have on one my STAR sailing in February, I didnt set up that Meet & Greet--so all this varies and just cos it happened on one sailing doesnt mean it will on another-again all depends.

On the SUN last December I did receive some VIP benefits, but this is NOT always the norm and I did feel "very special" and certainly didnt expect anything--i was treated very well on my B2B.

Being a Latitude member doesnt have anything to do with Cruise Critic and they are two seperate things...you will receive whatever Silver Latitude perks you are entitled to--you can find a list on ncl.com-Latitudes.

Sorry buddy, but no luck .... am now going on my 5 NCL cruise on Jan 22, 12, an have set up 5 Meet and Greets,,, and as of now have not received anything from them except a thank you from the Group Coordinator, who represents the ship when doing the setup......and don't really expect any thing...but a drink would be nice....:)

jus' me....jim....the velvet teddy bear....:cool:

Would have been nice, but no. When they took my name and cabin # (and no one else's) I actually wondered if some communication would be coming, since I think I remembered something from years ago that ALL attendees were put into a lottery for something (LOL), but no. One of the officers, however, DID call me by name when passing on deck! These guys/gals are sharp!

I've set up several M & G's. One time we received a bottle of wine and another time a dinner for 2 in a specialty restaurant, other times nothing extra. The times we did receive something were an unexpected surprise. Just go in expecting nothing and if you get something it will be a pleasant bonus! Have a great cruise.

Guess I was really lucky then! Just off the Star Pacific Northwest cruise. I arranged the Meet & Greet, and the Events Coordinator passed around a sign-up list at the Meet & Greet. I received an invitation to dine with the Captain & Hotel Director (as well as 4 other M&G guests, we were to meet at a Bar (free drink) while waiting for the other invitees to join us. Had a ship's photographer take a group photo, then had a lovely dinner. Was told to go to the photo shop the next day and tell them we participated in the Staff Dinner, and received a 6 x 9 photo free. The next morning all of the folks that had signed-in at the M&G received an invitation to a Bridge Tour. Not all went because of other things being done at the same time. This was only my 2nd cruise with NCL, so don't think the Latitudes member was the reason. I felt being with Cruise Critic and arranging the Meet & Greet, as the invitations were signed by the Events Coordinator, was the reason for the special invitations.

But in 8 cruises, this was the first time I've had the honor of dining with the Captain. And it happened to be on my birthday. What a treat!

We did a cruise from Vancouver to NY on the Spirit a number of years ago. My daughter arranged the M&G. When we got on board her cabin that she shared with her sister, mine and my husbands and my mother's were all given VIP status. We were treated like royalty the whole way. Not only that, the whole crew on board were amazing, to everyone. It felt like their whole focus was to ensure that we had the trip of our lifetime! Every single day was magic! The food was great, the ship was clean and the service was first class. We have sailed with other cruiselines and had good experiences and also one really bad one. But never as amazing as the time with NCL. We are now planning another cruise, this time on the Pearl, to Alaska. I have no doubt that we as well as everyone else will be treated to a most wonderful holiday.

Thank you NCL

I got them on my first cruise in Jan. and I believe it was for setting up the M&G however it might not have been. I don't think it is the norm and shouldn't automatically be expected. We got fruit, wine and an invite to the captain's cocktail party but no special breakfast or lunch priviledges.

I've arranged several NCL Meet & Greets. The greatest benefit I've received is the fun I have getting to know the people on the Roll Call ahead of time, and seeing them here & there throughout the cruise.

We have had some private Bridge Tours for our CC groups. The people who signed in at our Meet & Greet received the invitations for the tour.

We've been on many cruises, but never dined with the Captain. On one NCL sailing, ALL passengers could enter a lottery to eat dinner with an officer. We ate with the Executive Chef. That was fun! However, this activity hasn't been offered on our last few cruises.

I've done two Meet and Greets. I would imagine it depends on the HD director as to what "VIP" perks you may get. When I did this on the Jewel, I received WAY more perks than what I received on the Sun. After doing the Meet and Greet on the Jewel, the Sun was a let down. (Still enjoyed the cruise, ship, and fellow passengers)

The Jewel was my first experience at being the "Meet and Greet" coordinator. Didn't expect anything, and all the extras were iceing on the cake.

I've arranged over 15 Meet and Greets through out the years on NCL ships. The majority of the time there were no special perks, occasionally a bottle of wine and a fruit basket....and once in awhile a surprise of a few extra perks for the entire roll call. I've had bridge tours for the CC group, and a private dinner in the Italian restaurant for the entire CC group with many officers joining us. I don't arrange the meet and greets to expect any perks at all, I do it because I'm usually the most active person on the roll call (except for my other half, who shares my love of cruising).....checking in at least once a day. I have the most free time on my hands, and enjoy meeting people and chatting about cruising to pass the time away. I also like to share what I've learned on previous cruises....that's why I'm a Cruise Critic member. :)

In summary, I would never EXPECT any perks, and deeply appreciate any that I receive personally or for the group.

Happy Cruising,

:):):):)

Our 1st M&G on the Jewel the organizer got some great perks, breakfast at Cagneys one day invites to all the Captains parties including the Courtyard, early entry to the chocolate buffet and a special tour of the bridge. Our second M&G on the Jewel I put together on the boards but passed it on to someone else to send the e-mail because we were in a villa anyway. They got the same perks. I guess it depends on the crew at the time of sailing.

Guess I was really lucky then! Just off the Star Pacific Northwest cruise. I arranged the Meet & Greet, and the Events Coordinator passed around a sign-up list at the Meet & Greet. I received an invitation to dine with the Captain & Hotel Director (as well as 4 other M&G guests, we were to meet at a Bar (free drink) while waiting for the other invitees to join us. Had a ship's photographer take a group photo, then had a lovely dinner. Was told to go to the photo shop the next day and tell them we participated in the Staff Dinner, and received a 6 x 9 photo free. The next morning all of the folks that had signed-in at the M&G received an invitation to a Bridge Tour. Not all went because of other things being done at the same time. This was only my 2nd cruise with NCL, so don't think the Latitudes member was the reason. I felt being with Cruise Critic and arranging the Meet & Greet, as the invitations were signed by the Events Coordinator, was the reason for the special invitations.

But in 8 cruises, this was the first time I've had the honor of dining with the Captain. And it happened to be on my birthday. What a treat!

You and Betty absolutely MADE our cruise!:D

The greatest benefit I've received is the fun I have getting to know the people on the Roll Call ahead of time, and seeing them here & there throughout the cruise.

i'd consider that the greatest benefit of all.

i can only hope to be so lucky :)

This isnt M&G related but I read on another site that if your a platinum latitudes member they will let you have lunch in cagneys depending on how busy they are. Dont know if thats ncl policy or if its something some of the ships have done to say thanks.

This isnt M&G related but I read on another site that if your a platinum latitudes member they will let you have lunch in cagneys depending on how busy they are. Dont know if thats ncl policy or if its something some of the ships have done to say thanks.

That isn't one of the platinum benefits, so I wouldn't expect it to happen with any regularity.

I wouldn't count on it.

I wouldn't count on it.

We are platinum latitudes and in 2006 and 2007 we were given VIP status. Have not idea why. Hasn't happened since but it was a nice perk when it did happen. Best part was breakfast in Cagneys! Don't expect we will see it again though. We sail on the Star in Feb 2012 in an aft balcony.

. I felt being with Cruise Critic and arranging the Meet & Greet, as the invitations were signed by the Events Coordinator, was the reason for the special invitations.

!

that was why i felt i received mine also....champagne, strawberries, fruit basket,cocktail party with the captain and VIP tender tickets, special invitations to onboard events, drink. Also several calls from the Group Events Coordinator asking if they could do anything to make the cruise more enjoyable--little touches like this and MUCHLY APPRECIATED!!!

No, that's not true. We're Platinum Latitudes members and the only time we received VIP treatment was when the hotel director remembered us from a prior cruise.

thank you for all the post. as i said NCL would not owe me anything thing.

if it was deffenate i'd ask if i could step up and do it, because the nice person in charge now is already gonna get many perks cause she is in a suite

but no big deal it's all good. im just looking foward to the cruise, and meeting everyone, and chatting them up throughout the trip. thats the best perk of 'em all :D

Archived