Roll Call - Silver Cloud April 17, 2012 Monte Carlo - Monte Carlo

Emtbsam

The above mention Hotel Suisse is a nice little hotel, but ... quite noisy since it is located directly at the end of the Promenade with traffic round the clock. Same location, but on top of the hill and much more quiet: The La Perouse! Next to Vieux Nice and with a stunning view of the Bay.

Smaller, and smack downtown: The Windsor Hotel.

The flagship of hotels, the beautiful NEGRESCO just underwent a multi-million Euro renovation and is more stunning than ever.

Unfortunately, the Palais Maeterlinck has been closed as a hotel, but check the Palais Mediterranée on the Promenade des Anglais - it is one of the three 5-star hotels in Nice.

My favorite decoration wise and nicely located at the tree-lined Boulevard Victor Hugo: The Boscolo EXEDRA.

Thanks so much for the hotel recommendations. We decided to stay in a small B & B in the hills behind Nice. I'll save the recommendations for next time.

Have not considered the train. Is the train station in Livorno within walking distance of the pier? Do you know how long it takes to get to Florence? I wonder when the last train at night is. I'll see what I can dig up on the net.

We are even considering spending the night in Florence since we've never been there before.[/quot

Just wanted to tell you that the days we are there all state run museums in Florence are free. you do have to pay for tied admission though. Just got vouchers for Uffizi and the Academie,2 vouchers for each and it cost $46.00 in total. We will probably take the 9:06 train.

From what I could determine, the cost of buying the museum tickets on line is the same whether the museum is free or not. We will buy our tickets in advance!

We might take the train as well. Do you know whether you need to buy tickets in advance? I think the train station is walking distance from the pier in Livorno.

PRIVATE TOURS in Italia :

We have 2 / 4 seats available for 19th April Livorno to San GIMIGNANIO and SIENNA then back to Livorno harbor cost is 68 Euros pp

On 20th April Livorno to Firenze transfer with drop off at the DUOMO Piazza and back in the afternoon to Livorno cost is 50 euros pp; you will have plenty of time to visit the city and plan all your museums entrance, we will go back at the harbor around 3:30 PM, Lisa

PRIVATE TOURS in Italia :

We have 2 / 4 seats available for 19th April Livorno to San GIMIGNANIO and SIENNA then back to Livorno harbor cost is 68 Euros pp

On 20th April Livorno to Firenze transfer with drop off at the DUOMO Piazza and back in the afternoon to Livorno cost is 50 euros pp; you will have plenty of time to visit the city and plan all your mutktdseums entrance, we will go back at the harbor around 3:30 PM, Lisa

Too bad you don't have the days reversed. We bought our tkts 4 Uffizi and Academia wanted to spend the longer day in Florence. I've heard Sienna is great.

Too bad you don't have the days reversed. We bought our tkts 4 Uffizi and Academia wanted to spend the longer day in Florence. I've heard Sienna is great.

If I reverse the days you will do both tours? if yes for both tour, I'll reverse it with no problem

Firenze on 19 April and Sienna and San Gimignano on 20 April

It is so difficult to plan a tour with a group on this blog so we need to be 6 or 8 to get good prices, Lisa

At those prices we would certainly book both if you could extend the day in Florence . Our Uffizi tickets are at 1PM and don't want to be rushed.

Karen:)

Hello, I have checked with the driver, he said no problem to reverse the program, We can do Firenze on first day and Sienna and San Giminiagni on second day

departure time 8AM .

Return from Firenze should be between 4PM at least 4:30PM as it takes 90 mns to come back to Livorno and ship is leaving at 7PM, and I don't want to miss cocktail time aboard

I just need confirmation now from David and Sherry about the days reverse if they agree with it. I do my best to accommodate everybody and we will have a wonderful time in Italia, Lisa

Hello, I have checked with the driver, he said no problem to reverse the program, We can do Firenze on first day and Sienna and San Giminiagni on second day

departure time 8AM .

Return from Firenze should be between 4PM at least 4:30PM as it takes 90 mns to come back to Livorno and ship is leaving at 7PM, and I don't want to miss cocktail time aboard

I just need confirmation now from David and Sherry about the days reverse if they agree with it. I do my best to accommodate everybody and we will have a wonderful time in Italia, Lisa

Hi Lisa

Your message says our return from Firenze should be by 4:30 because of the ship leaving at 7pm but if we are going to Firenze on the 19th we are in port overnite. Its day 2 we need to be back.

Hope it all work out.

Karen

Hi Lisa

Your message says our return from Firenze should be by 4:30 because of the ship leaving at 7pm but if we are going to Firenze on the 19th we are in port overnite. Its day 2 we need to be back.

Hope it all work out.

Karen

yes you're right

On the day 2 we don't have to miss the ship

Hi Karen , I would like to know if you still want to join us on the transfer to Firenze on day 1 return after 4PM and Tour to Sienna and san Gimignano on day 2 as I would like to purchase my tickets for Uffizzi , we 've seen Accademia last year, I also hope hope that we will find another couple interested in those 2 days in this area; cost is 117 Euros per person for the 2 days; that is very cheap

We already booked the Academia at 11:15 and Uffizi at 1:00..Very excited about it all.The tour on the 20th should be great too!

Our Silverseas documents arrived yesterday. April is a good month for us visiting our kids in LA for a week and then a week later the cruise.:D

Good morning! Just realized this morning that we board the Cloud in about 35 days. WOW! We are doing Voyage 1212B only.

Look forward to seeing all our Silversea friends soon. Bob and Victoria.....see you soon.

I heard that some familiar faces will be onboard.

Judie Abbott-Cruise Director

Gianni Dotti-Hotel Director

Antonio Mendes-Maitre D

Kinga-Cruise Consultant

Bon voyage!!!!

Scott and clan.

I still have seats for a transit by private car to Firenze on 19 April departure 8AM for a full day in the city price is 50 euros pp if we are 8

On 20th April we will go to Sienna and San Gimignano price is 67,5 euros pp

For those doing B to B cruises in Civittavecchia I also have a tour to Tarquinia and back to the ship , price is 38 euros pp, Lisa

Hi Karen , I would like to know if you still want to join us on the transfer to Firenze on day 1 return after 4PM and Tour to Sienna and san Gimignano on day 2 as I would like to purchase my tickets for Uffizzi , we 've seen Accademia last year, I also hope hope that we will find another couple interested in those 2 days in this area; cost is 117 Euros per person for the 2 days; that is very cheap

I didn't get your confirmation, will you join us?Lisa

Hi Lisa,

How about meeting by the pool bar after the drill? We'll be easy to spot my husband will be wearing his black New Zealand hat with the silver fern.

Enjoy the first part of your trip. We'll be heading to Los Angeles before the cruise.

Karen and Charles

Hi Lisa,

How about meeting by the pool bar after the drill? We'll be easy to spot my husband will be wearing his black New Zealand hat with the silver fern.

Enjoy the first part of your trip. We'll be heading to Los Angeles before the cruise.

Karen and Charles

When I meet my husband I also had a hat with a feather sorry not a fern, that has so much impressed him that we married some months later, so we like people with hat, anyway OK for the meeting by the pool

"For those doing B to B cruises in Civittavecchia I also have a tour to Tarquinia and back to the ship , price is 38 euros pp, Lisa "

Hi Lisa, we are on a May tour and would like to visit Tarquinia. Who did you book with? Thanks, iludwig at comcast dot net.

"For those doing B to B cruises in Civittavecchia I also have a tour to Tarquinia and back to the ship , price is 38 euros pp, Lisa "

Hi Lisa, we are on a May tour and would like to visit Tarquinia. Who did you book with? Thanks, iludwig at comcast dot net.

yes,You can join our tour, we are already 4 cruisers

The company name is Nacci Angelo I know the driver as I already had a tour with him last year in Roma

We can discuss of that on board.... very soon

Lisa and Jeff

Archived