Southwest Airlines Sale!!! + My awesome savings!

carbreylynn

I got an email today from Southwest saying my OKC to HOU trip qualified for their current sale and to check it out, so they sent me and email to say hey take your money back?!? I didn't believe it but its the second time and I was already amazed at the first price drop! I love Southwest because they let you rebook your exact same flight at any price drop with no fees :) If only my cruise rate would do this! Just wanted to share this so if anyone was in the market for a flight or already booked on Southwest to go check your price!

My AMAZING Flight info :

OKC nonstop to HOU Sat, Jan 7, 2012

HOU nonstop to OKC Thu, Jan 12, 2012

2 passengers (dh and myself)

Original Booking Sep 19, 2011

Price was $110 pp each way, total $440 plus tax. :mad:

1st price drop Oct 10, 2011

Price is now $69 pp each way, total $279 plus tax. :)

2nd (and I'm assuming last drop) Today, Oct 18, 2011

Price is now $35 pp each way, total $140 plus tax :eek::D:cool:

The only sort of downside is that the rate I originally booked is non refundable so southwest gets to hold my $300 for future flights, which I will definitely be taking!!

I got an email today from Southwest saying my OKC to HOU trip qualified for their current sale and to check it out, so they sent me and email to say hey take your money back?!? I didn't believe it but its the second time and I was already amazed at the first price drop! I love Southwest because they let you rebook your exact same flight at any price drop with no fees :) If only my cruise rate would do this! Just wanted to share this so if anyone was in the market for a flight or already booked on Southwest to go check your price!

My AMAZING Flight info :

The only sort of downside is that the rate I originally booked is non refundable so southwest gets to hold my $300 for future flights, which I will definitely be taking!!

With drops like that, you might want to take part of that $300 and make sure that you have added Early Bird to the tickets so that you don't have to play the 24 hour phone tag game.

With drops like that, you might want to take part of that $300 and make sure that you have added Early Bird to the tickets so that you don't have to play the 24 hour phone tag game.

Good idea!!! Thanks I forget about that (until of course the day before the flight).

Carbreylynn - Good for you! I've been meaning to book airfare for a trip in Jan, and your note got me motivated. We're travelling a bit farther, from Colorado to Florida, but I got non-stop flights for $250 RT each. Not as good as yours, but better than when I looked last week.

I do like travelling Southwest. They seem to have the best prices from Denver. Thanks!

While a great idea you can't use those credits towards Early Bird check in. I wish you could because I often have credits but do not use them. Back when Southwest allowed you to use the credit for anyone I got a great deal on my son's flight when we added him to our cruise at the last minute. Now those flight credits are exclusive to the person who is on the booking. Also remember that the flight credit expires one year from the date you initially booked your flights. I fly twice a year and tend to book as soon as flights are released so my credits usually expire before my next cruise.

I received $69 credit for a trip I'm taking in January (not a cruise). I booked a few weeks ago but am planning a cruise for next November.

Can I use my credit on a flight next November if I booked before October 1st next year or do I have to actually FLY before it expires?

I received $69 credit for a trip I'm taking in January (not a cruise). I booked a few weeks ago but am planning a cruise for next November.

Can I use my credit on a flight next November if I booked before October 1st next year or do I have to actually FLY before it expires?

Fly before it expires.

That is cheap! :)

A bit off topic, but I'm curious why you don't drive? We are north and west of you quite a bit, but I can't imagine flying. At least you are close to an airport. I'd have to drive about two hours to an airport, sit there for an hour before flying, then actually fly, and finally rent a car to drove another hour. Not saying I wouldn't do it, but I haven't figured out yet that it would be any easier or more cost efficient than driving.

Again, nice snag on your airfare! ;)

I used to say that too and it was good for awhile here in Philly but rarely do they beat any other carriers even with the free baggage.

Not for when I want to go anyway.

Bill

It's exactly the same in my city too. I work for an airline, so fly for free, but a lot of times when I go on cruises, I actually buy tickets, so I don't have to bother with stand by. I compare fares with different airlines and my own company always beats Southwest, and by a nice amount too lol.

We always cruise during our son's school vacation.

I just checked for the heck of it on SW for April vacation.

Providence to Orlando for 3 adults....almost $2400.00 RT :eek::cool::mad:

Glad I booked the Pride and we can drive to the port :D

Glad to hear some people are getting good deals.

PHL to FLL - FT Lauderdale in March

$311 Southwest had best price

Keep checking, we have $123 (58 and 65 each way) without taxes from BWI to FLL in January (20-28). Prices were high but almost all flight dropped, prices have dropped the last 2 weeks on Tuesday and then go back up on Friday.

Great sale from Southwest! I just love them!

The current sales dates won't help me on my next cruise but can take a long weekend somewhere. At $35 a person, one way, it costs more for me to fill up my gas tank!

Boy Howdy did I just luck out!!!

Booked through Delta last month on what was a good deal to me, Got a Ding! alert on my phone today, and saw that the same dates we booked were as low as $114.pp from Pittsburgh to Jacksonville and return was $65.00 :eek:

About two hours ago, Delta sent me an email saying our flight was changed for the 3rd time in a month (not for the better). After going a few rounds with Delta they agreed to refund my purchace and I booked the Southwest flight! Saved a bundle and now we do not have to pay checked bag fees!

Whew!:)

Booked through Delta last month on what was a good deal to me, Got a Ding! alert on my phone today, and saw that the same dates we booked were as low as $114.pp from Pittsburgh to Jacksonville and return was $65.00 :eek:

About two hours ago, Delta sent me an email saying our flight was changed for the 3rd time in a month (not for the better). After going a few rounds with Delta they agreed to refund my purchace and I booked the Southwest flight! Saved a bundle and now we do not have to pay checked bag fees!

sweet! Dontcha just love it when a plan comes together.:)

Bill

Way to go on the savings!!!

We just booked the $35 each way tix from Atl to Tampa for our winter cruise. You spend close to that in gas since we would have a 9-10 hour drive each way.

While a great idea you can't use those credits towards Early Bird check in. I wish you could because I often have credits but do not use them. Back when Southwest allowed you to use the credit for anyone I got a great deal on my son's flight when we added him to our cruise at the last minute. Now those flight credits are exclusive to the person who is on the booking. Also remember that the flight credit expires one year from the date you initially booked your flights. I fly twice a year and tend to book as soon as flights are released so my credits usually expire before my next cruise.

I tried...then I read this lol

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

That is cheap! :)

A bit off topic, but I'm curious why you don't drive? We are north and west of you quite a bit, but I can't imagine flying. At least you are close to an airport. I'd have to drive about two hours to an airport, sit there for an hour before flying, then actually fly, and finally rent a car to drove another hour. Not saying I wouldn't do it, but I haven't figured out yet that it would be any easier or more cost efficient than driving.

Again, nice snag on your airfare! ;)

I HATE driving!!!! Lol. We also only own 2 big trucks sooo in gas + food + hotel + car storage we spent around $500 last time just to get to and back from the cruise so this just makes more sense because my mom will drop us off and pick us up from the airport, no hassle!

Carbreylynn - Good for you! I've been meaning to book airfare for a trip in Jan, and your note got me motivated. We're travelling a bit farther, from Colorado to Florida, but I got non-stop flights for $250 RT each. Not as good as yours, but better than when I looked last week.

I do like travelling Southwest. They seem to have the best prices from Denver. Thanks!

This is why i posted! Glad you found a deal!

My AMAZING Flight info :

How do I convence my family to fly Southwest?

The only fly Jet Blue or Air Tran.Since I'm paying

for the flight,I should pick what airline,Right?

Archived