Southwest Airlines Sale!!! + My awesome savings!

carbreylynn

Great sale from Southwest! I just love them!

The current sales dates won't help me on my next cruise but can take a long weekend somewhere. At $35 a person, one way, it costs more for me to fill up my gas tank!

We also decided to take a weekend, trip to Seaworld San Antonio but with the whole family! Rt OKC to SAT is only $280 for 5 (cause the baby flys free of course) so we added in a family vaca just because of this sale also :)

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

How do I convence my family to fly Southwest?

The only fly Jet Blue or Air Tran.Since I'm paying

for the flight,I should pick what airline,Right?

Don't tell them ?!? They can't argue if you're already at the check in counter :D

And Southwest and Air Tran merged, so no problem right? :)

Don't tell them ?!? They can't argue if you're already at the check in counter :D

And Southwest and Air Tran merged, so no problem right? :)

My wife thinks Southwest planes are old and refurbished.

She checked out Jet Blue's fleet ,and their average age

of their planes are 6 years old.Also,remember when Southwest

had that problem with the hole in the roof.Can't afford a divorce,

so I guess I'll have to stick with either ATran or Jet Blue,unless

I don't tell her and surprise her at the airport.Will make for a ruff

cruise,unless I get a heck of a deal on the tickets.

At these prices I will fly with a sunroof! :D

I like SW Airlines too, and I do have a credit to use from this year, and I'm going to use it for next year.

I like SW FREE baggage too. I am just amazed at the people that will bring on their "large":mad: luggage and stick it overhead, just so they won't have to wait to get it when the flight is over. The bad part of this is it "blocks":mad: room for us who has smaller luggage to put overhead.

Another problem that I don't like about SW is they don't fly "straight" to San Juan from Kansas City. If they had, we would have been taking a different cruise next year.

Oh well, I still like SWA.:)

Don't tell your wife this... but....

On our a couple of years ago, we were on AirTran... got a great rate so decided to give it a go.. well.... we are in the air and people in front of us are talking... pretty soon many are looking up towards the windows... and lo and behold.. water is coming in above them... not on the window itself... but above them in some kind of seam... so it was brought to the flight attendants attention...it was happening in several areas... guess what they did?? The flight attendants started sticking paper towels up in the areas where the leaks were happening... seriously ... we were all very nervous and freaked out... this should not be happening... so some passengers started taking pictures... they were told no pictures... put the CAMERAS away!!! Scarey... but we all made it to the ground safely.... It always bothers me when the pilot says.. "we will be on the ground shortly"

but ya know what... silly me... I still fly Airtran if theres is the best deal.. which many times... it is... :D

I got an email today from Southwest saying my OKC to HOU trip qualified for their current sale and to check it out, so they sent me and email to say hey take your money back?!? I didn't believe it but its the second time and I was already amazed at the first price drop! I love Southwest because they let you rebook your exact same flight at any price drop with no fees :) If only my cruise rate would do this! Just wanted to share this so if anyone was in the market for a flight or already booked on Southwest to go check your price!

My AMAZING Flight info :

OKC nonstop to HOU Sat, Jan 7, 2012

HOU nonstop to OKC Thu, Jan 12, 2012

2 passengers (dh and myself)

Original Booking Sep 19, 2011

Price was $110 pp each way, total $440 plus tax. :mad:

1st price drop Oct 10, 2011

Price is now $69 pp each way, total $279 plus tax. :)

2nd (and I'm assuming last drop) Today, Oct 18, 2011

Price is now $35 pp each way, total $140 plus tax :eek::D:cool:

The only sort of downside is that the rate I originally booked is non refundable so southwest gets to hold my $300 for future flights, which I will definitely be taking!!

Nice price, and nice way for them to treat their customers, huh?

I love SWA. We are one of their hubs here in Phoenix and we LOVE them. It's hard to beat them on price and number of flights from here.

My Southwest flight is $21 higher. But I've had 3 price drops since purchasing in June.

I helped my sister purchase airfare for Feb 2012 on SW - nonstop from New Orleans and it was $806 for 2 ($403 each). That's high, but non-stop and a Friday to a Sunday - the most popular days. I checked for her flights thinking maybe the prices went down - nope - actually even higher to something like $990 for 2 of them instead of $806. I doubt her airfare will decrease....

Kathy

My Southwest flight is $21 higher. But I've had 3 price drops since purchasing in June.

I helped my sister purchase airfare for Feb 2012 on SW - nonstop from New Orleans and it was $806 for 2 ($403 each). That's high, but non-stop and a Friday to a Sunday - the most popular days. I checked for her flights thinking maybe the prices went down - nope - actually even higher to something like $990 for 2 of them instead of $806. I doubt her airfare will decrease....

Kathy

Yeah, I've noticed the chespest days are Sat, Tues, Wed and Thurs..

Wanted to share - I read about your e-mail from Southwest. I didn't have an e-mail :( But, I went to southwest.com just to see. One leg of my flight had gone way down. I called Southwest and she told me how to change to the lower fare and my $200 ticket (which was good!) is now down to $137! I got 63 dollars back!!!

I would have never checked on this without your post -- thank you so much!!

I got the Southwest sale from Buffalo to FLL on the Sat before our cruise for $148 total per person. The sale did not include Sunday for our return so still looking into that. We live in Ontario just an hour from Buffalo so this was a fabulous price when compared to flying out of Toronto. I love Buffalo airport - it is small and peaceful!

Glad you got a great deal. As a Canadian watching the tv show called Airlines where they showed troubled situations with SW airlines , people always getting bumped or removed from planes. I personally would avoid that airline altogether.

Hope all works out well for you.

After I posted my comment about getting a good deal from Buffalo, I checked SW for the date I am traveling and found out it was down from to $95! I called SW and was guided how to make the change on line. It gave us $24 in credit to use towards our return ticket, which we have not purchased yet but will do so soon. I didn't even know such an option existed. I am so happy I was on this website today and thanks for starting this thread and educated me - it helped me save a few bucks.

So I just checked on the current prices for my flights, now they are $112 one way, big big difference!

I booked with them on Wednesday and they have gone up too! But I have heard airlines list their sales on Tuesdays and pull them by late afternoon on Thursdays

Southwest used to have good deals from BUF to everywhere when they first came into the airport. Then the Canadians found out how cheaply they could fly out of BUF instead of Toronto and the fares are the same with the other airlines and they hardly ever have a sale anymore. We would have to drive to Pittsburgh 4 hours away to catch any type of sale flights. :mad: Love that the Canadians are spending their money here, but hate what they have done to the airfare prices. If I were them, I would do the same thing. Those taxes on flights out of Toronto are horrendous!

Southwest used to have good deals from BUF to everywhere when they first came into the airport. Then the Canadians found out how cheaply they could fly out of BUF instead of Toronto and the fares are the same with the other airlines and they hardly ever have a sale anymore. We would have to drive to Pittsburgh 4 hours away to catch any type of sale flights. :mad: Love that the Canadians are spending their money here, but hate what they have done to the airfare prices. If I were them, I would do the same thing. Those taxes on flights out of Toronto are horrendous!

I certainly understand what you are saying, and appreciate that you agree with us. If I had to fly out of Toronto, I might as well drive. I did get a flight on Southwest from Buffalo to FLL for $95 - that's a pretty deal good isn't it? And there is also the reason of not have to go through the customs rigamore at the airport - it is so much easy to cross the border in car.............With your theory of Canadians driving up the prices in the States by crossing the border, be thankful it doesn't happen with the gas prices LOL. :D

I certainly understand what you are saying, and appreciate that you agree with us. If I had to fly out of Toronto, I might as well drive. I did get a flight on Southwest from Buffalo to FLL for $95 - that's a pretty deal good isn't it? And there is also the reason of not have to go through the customs rigamore at the airport - it is so much easy to cross the border in car.............With your theory of Canadians driving up the prices in the States by crossing the border, be thankful it doesn't happen with the gas prices LOL. :D

If you are able to fly at non-peak times/days, there are still some good deals on Southwest out of BUF, I agree. But if you are stuck like us having to travel the day after Thanksgiving and back on Sunday 2 weeks later, then the RT to Tampa is way too much when you multiply it times 4 people. Almost as much as the cruise! Add in a rental car for Disney World the week after and the costs really add up. So, unfortunately for us the days don't work out. Next time we will try to go on a Tues. or Wed. to catch some good flights.

As far as gas prices, western New York prices are some of the highest in the state! We top off at the reservation before heading out and don't gas up again until after Pittsburgh where it is usually 25-50 cents cheaper. Go to Virginia and South Carolina and it gets even better! :D

Don't tell your wife this... but....

On our a couple of years ago, we were on AirTran... got a great rate so decided to give it a go.. well.... we are in the air and people in front of us are talking... pretty soon many are looking up towards the windows... and lo and behold.. water is coming in above them... not on the window itself... but above them in some kind of seam... so it was brought to the flight attendants attention...it was happening in several areas... guess what they did?? The flight attendants started sticking paper towels up in the areas where the leaks were happening... seriously ... we were all very nervous and freaked out... this should not be happening... so some passengers started taking pictures... they were told no pictures... put the CAMERAS away!!! Scarey... but we all made it to the ground safely.... It always bothers me when the pilot says.. "we will be on the ground shortly"

but ya know what... silly me... I still fly Airtran if theres is the best deal.. which many times... it is... :D

OK,I need some help here.I see where some people are saying they are buying their plane tickets and if there is a price drop they are getting credit(like an OBC) when you cruise.I've been on SWest's web page and can not find any info. on this.Where do you look for this.Or do you get a future credit on a future flight?

OK,I need some help here.I see where some people are saying they are buying their plane tickets and if there is a price drop they are getting credit(like an OBC) when you cruise.I've been on SWest's web page and can not find any info. on this.Where do you look for this.Or do you get a future credit on a future flight?

If there is a price drop, you change your flight during the sale. The money that is saved becomes Ticketless Travel Funds, which can be used for another flight I think within one year, might be 24 months not sure.

Archived